How many would you need to feel safe ?

you have 1,2, guns whatever!!.Whats the bare min no of rounds you feel you need to make you feel safe, AND no silly answers like 100k or 10,000 etc. Take into account nov 4 and the current lack of ammo and NO i'am not paying $700 for 500 9mm. I'am thinking this is going through a lot of guy's heads right now

I'd say the golden ammo rule applies: better to have too much and not need it than not have enough and wish you did. If it takes less than five minutes to move it, or you don't risk a hernia, it's not enough for what could be coming...and coming...and coming. Personally I try to keep cases down to less than 50 pounds each to be kind to my senior groin.

Well I bought a Tavor 7 during this craziness, first I bought 200 round of defensive ammo for it, then 500 rounds of M80 to sight it in and get some practice... then I got a case of 5 200 round battle packs as a reserve... I think that does it until things calm down... I don’t have easy access to a rifle range so most of my shooting is pistols anyways...

No offense, but what the f*** kind of question is that?

The kind vague enough to make it borderline unanswerable.

Safe from whom? Skinnys, Gov. both?
For how long do I want to feel safe?
Are we in a shooting war or bugged out in the country?
Will this ammo be used to hunt also?
Will there be a Snake Pliskin-esque run to rescue trapped family in Fall River? (I could theoretically end up in that situation I guess.)

Also I guess I must be pretty silly because I have just OVER 10K 22lr. [laugh]

Vague answer, 1K min. per cal. per gun that is chambered in it. With some exceptions for special purpose guns that will only hunt, for instance, my 30-30 lever gun. Or things like a 50 cal. or 338 lapua If it's a hot war and or expected to last more than 6 months then double or triple those numbers.

2,500 rounds per caliber. 60% Training/40% Defensive... (1,500 : 1,000)

"Safe" to me means, I should be able to scrounge up additional ammo; even if Biden/Harris padlock ammunition manufacturers or shut down shipping.

2,500 IS THE BARE MINIMUM

The kind vague enough to make it borderline unanswerable.

Safe from whom? Skinnys, Gov. both?
For how long do I want to feel safe?
Are we in a shooting war or bugged out in the country?
Will this ammo be used to hunt also?
Will there be a Snake Pliskin-esque run to rescue trapped family in Fall River? (I could theoretically end up in that situation I guess.)

all of this... safe from what?

or 4000 rounds , whichever comes first

Sure, if you plan on becoming a cannibal.

During the depression, lots of places around the country were completely hunted out.

some of those antifa pigs have highly marbled muscle with all that fat they are carrying. They could be the equivalent of Angus beef. I'm sure all the pot and script drugs would cook out over the fire.

If it’s a collector item like my WW1 Springfield or WW2 SVT-40 only a few hundred rounds, if it’s a shooter 1000+ rounds, common caliber shared by multiple weapons a few thousand minimum...

I've enough loaded ammo on hand for all of my handguns good supply of powder,primers,jacketed and lead bullets for all my rifles. Loaded 223,6.5 grendel 7.62x39 308,40/65 and 45/70. Lost count on 22 lr.

As many as you can afford. You're asking the wrong group of guys. Most of us think if you are not at or over Massachusetts Max without a fire permit you're not prepared. Some guys laugh at that is child's play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom