How many rounds (aprox) for typical match?

Hi - Looking to find out what the average round count is for a typical idpa, uspsa match?

(Trying to find out how much ammo i'll need for the spring/summer)

Thanks!

I think you will find it varies a bunch. Most local IDPA club matches require about 150 rounds +/-. Major matches sometimes more. If you plan on 150-200 you should be good. Unless of course you have the impulse to use up all your mags on vickers stages which isn't recommended. ;)

The club level IDPA matches I've been to so far have been around 75 or so. I'd budget 100 rounds per club IDPA match. Larger matches will be more. I believe USPSA tends to have higher round counts.

100 to 150 for a typical match, but you should always bring extra in the event of a re-shoot. I always bring 200. You'll need 20 to 40 extra rounds on your belt for the last stage.

Depending on division - bring at least 4 mags, 6 if you have them.

If you are just getting into IDPA or USPSA, Harvard runs a weekly wed night practice. Its alot of fun and a good way to learn the rules and procedures, plus they are very helpful to new shooters

Well carry a couple hundred rounds of extra .45ACP from pit to pit on a scorching summer day... I'd say that would suck... or I could leave it in the car. [wink]

Or you could do what some of us have done: Trade in your shoulder-numbing range bag for a rolling case. [wink]

Makes the 175 or so rounds I usually bring to a local match easier; more so for something like AWARE or other big match, when I bring 300.

Back
Top Bottom