how many round do you pack when conceal carry? [NOT GAY]

I think he needs this shirt:

3784279_0.jpg

Sucking one dick doesn't make you gay. I mean I've done it hundreds of times and I'm straight as an arrow.

This is just my opinion, take it or leave it:

In most cases, once you start shooting, any crowd is going to turn and run. If Reginold had had a gun and shot the first guy who tried to pull him out of the truck. That situation would have ended differently. If he'd just kept rolling and ran some people over, it would have turned out differently. The world changed that day for LA. The day before, people would have laughed at the Roof Koreans. That day, the Koreans didn't seem so silly.

I 'sometimes' carry a spare mag. Not very often. If you are in a situation where you need multiple mags, in my opinion, the situation is so far gone, the extra bullets really aren't going to matter. That would be a determined group that's going to get you no matter what. They probably have weapons as well.

In a SHTF situation, the absolute best thing you can do is be a shadow. Draw as little attention to yourself as possible and be unnoticed. I'd pay attention to what the homeless are wearing and get something that you could pass off as homeless while you walk home. Grab a shopping cart and push it, talk to yourself, whatever. If you are in a car, don't stop for anything, clear intersections and move through them. If you get a flat, guess what, a new wheel is less than $500 unless you drive an exotic and you can probably afford the $1k rims. edit: (wife walked in and started talking) Drive on the rim until you get home. I have chased vehicles for MILES on rims in the desert. If you dgaf, the vehicle will absolutely move for quite a while on a rim.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion, take it or leave it:

In most cases, once you start shooting, any crowd is going to turn and run. If Reginold had had a gun and shot the first guy who tried to pull him out of the truck. That situation would have ended differently. If he'd just kept rolling and ran some people over, it would have turned out differently. The world changed that day for LA. The day before, people would have laughed at the Roof Koreans. That day, the Koreans didn't seem so silly.

I 'sometimes' carry a spare mag. Not very often. If you are in a situation where you need multiple mags, in my opinion, the situation is so far gone, the extra bullets really aren't going to matter. That would be a determined group that's going to get you no matter what. They probably have weapons as well.

In a SHTF situation, the absolute best thing you can do is be a shadow. Draw as little attention to yourself as possible and be unnoticed. I'd pay attention to what the homeless are wearing and get something that you could pass off as homeless while you walk home. Grab a shopping cart and push it, talk to yourself, whatever. If you are in a car, don't stop for anything, clear intersections and move through them. If you get a flat, guess what, a new wheel is less than $500 unless you drive an exotic and you can probably afford the $1k rims.
Denny was so far over to the Good Side that he almost got himself killed because of it. Shouldve drove right over those motherf*ckers.

Regarding mag changes during some kind of self defense situation, a guy I follow on YouTube likes to say something to the effect of, "if you finish that mag and need another, you'll be famous". I carry a spare anyway. What can I say...

Denny was so far over to the Good Side that he almost got himself killed because of it. Shouldve drove right over those motherf*ckers.

Regarding mag changes during some kind of self defense situation, a guy I follow on YouTube likes to say something to the effect of, "if you finish that mag and need another, you'll be famous". I carry a spare anyway. What can I say...

The only 'real' reason I can absolutely get behind is if you have a mag failure. If that is your reason, ok, sure. I've been carrying guns professionally in conditions that mimic desert warfare for almost 20 years. If I didn't let them fill with dirt, they have always at least worked good enough to shoot from.

Probably catch shit for this but don't care. I don't even know lol. I just took it off and put it in the safe as well. Little bodyguard I think 15 with the spear.

Probably catch shit for this but don't care. I don't even know lol. I just took it off and put it in the safe as well. Little bodyguard I think 15 with the spear.
Nope just checked 13. I really would have been f***ed if I was counting on those 2 extra rounds

Most people (civilans) that say they carry a full size pistol with 2-3 extra mags every day are lying. Just saying.
Only since this shit started to get a little more serious. My edc is a 365 with a spare in a horizontal mag carrier. And I always carry a spare. I have turned around and gone back home to grab my spare.
I carry a spare everyday because I think it's a good idea. During a pandemic, where half the country just had their income cut in half, essential items are scarce and the media is posting death counts and infection rates, a bigger gun with a little more ammo doesn't seem excessive to me. I am still working, so I could be more than 20 miles from home, in the very unlikely event things go sideways. I do truly believe that a shtf event is very unlikely. However, I think it is a lot more likely now than is was just a month ago.

At work: Sig P938 with two 7 round mags and one 6 round mag.
Out and About: Glock 30S with three 10 round mags. Glock 45 with two 10 round mags and a 17+2 mag.

10+1 in the gun plus a spare 10 mag, for my 365. Carry every day. When I get to the office, I’ll put it in a spring loaded safe drawer under my desktop (unlocked when I’m at my desk). Unless I’m wearing jeans then I’ll just carry it during the day since I Don’t tuck in the shirt when wearing jeans. Have a loaded revolver in the office safe. My office manager has her Bodyguard on her too, same spring loaded safe drawer set up as mine. Never more than a few paces from an accessible gun on the days I don’t carry on my person in the office, which is rare these days.

This fall/winter will be carrying my CZ P01 on the regular.

16+1 in the firearm (decocked) and at least one 14 round mag for back up in my pocket...so 31 rounds total there. If two extra mags carried, that's 45 rounds, lol...but who knows...even trips to the grocery are getting out of hand these days...might as well have enough ammo in case the whole store staff turns into zombies.

Currently I carry either a shield w/2 8rd'rs and a 7+1 in the gun (24 rds total), or my PM 9 w/2 7rd'rs and 6+1 in the gun (21 rds total)...but that's depending on the weather/attire and/or if i'm riding the Harley (dual ankle carry the PM9 and 2 extra mags when riding)

Something like this
View attachment 345084
Makes it a LOT less of a pain in the ass to carry two extra mags. You'll forget they're there until if/when you need them or have to take them off at the end of the day. I opted for the DeSantis neoprene dual mag and it's lined on the inside so your leg doesn't sweat like a nun in a cucumber patch.

It doesn't print under your skinny jeans?

I'll add another facet to this thread...

Raise your hand if you also keep spare mags or another box of ammo in your car or truck...

[wave]

Ah so your hauling around 20 in the gun plus 2 spares for a total of 60 rounds of 9mm?

You have issues. You really do.
Thats not that outrageous... Honest question have you worn gloves or masks outside of your house for corona? I usually carry a full size hg, g45 usually throw a mag with a plus 2 in my pocket just in case. Then if I have a backpack I'll throw two more in it.

I've never been in a gun fight but I've watched a lot of documentaries and such on them... No one ever said "damn you know I just had too much ammo"

Do I have visions of grandeur... No but I also have about 20 glock mags loaded with gold dots at my house why not grab a few extra if I have a bag.

I carry 1 spare mag in case I have a magazine induced malfunction, not so much for the extra rounds.

Thats not that outrageous... Honest question have you worn gloves or masks outside of your house for corona? I usually carry a full size hg, g45 usually throw a mag with a plus 2 in my pocket just in case. Then if I have a backpack I'll throw two more in it.

I've never been in a gun fight but I've watched a lot of documentaries and such on them... No one ever said "damn you know I just had too much ammo"

Do I have visions of grandeur... No but I also have about 20 glock mags loaded with gold dots at my house why not grab a few extra if I have a bag.
No mask no gloves and I'm working 12 hour days 6 days a week right now. I Wash my hands more than you can imagine. I keep 6 feet away from folks and sanitize "my space" with wipes a few times a day that's it. Now....I work 1.5 mile.drive from the house. IF I had a real commute id be tossing a shotgun in a case under the back seat of the truck (one will fit I've tested it). For a shtf drive home.......that would be a better option in my estimation.

I spent 2.5 years of my life carrying the weight of full battle rattle and it just sucks. If I feel I need that 60 rounds of spare ammo on my person to leave the house ......I'll just stay the f*** home. I have plenty of food and water for the family for a good long time (WAY more than 2 weeks worth).

Here's the deal......I'm giving my opinion nothing more. I don't think people are crazy for carrying a ton of backup ammo. I just don't feel the need based on my commute.....and my personal asessment of the threat to go through that much hassle.

Last edited:

Raise your hand if you also keep spare mags or another box of ammo in your car or truck...

[wave]
Well...

Not on purpose but there are plenty of shot shell slugs and high brass birdshot rolling around under the seats and in the console left over from past hunting seasons I'm sure I could "put something together" 🤣

I know it’s autocorrect. But all I can picture is a large guy (never met you, just minds impression) running through two mags of a tiny handgun and saying, “OK MF, you asked for it” and pulling out a Spartan spear and charging.

I need coffee

The mag holding 10 and one in the pipe is all I need... ;)

I carry a Glock 43, 7+1, (Pierce +1 mag base).

I also carry a spare mag - not because I think I'll need more than 8, but because the possibility of a malfunction exists - and clearing it by dropping the mag and racking the slide is faster than determining on the fly if I can clear it without dropping the mag.

[wave]

Spare mag up front with me for my G17/G34.
Bagged AR pistol with (3) PMAGS and (2) more mags for my G17/G34 secured in the back.
Hard box with CT legal loaded PMAGS, CT legal loaded G17/G34 mags, 12GA 00, a spare knife and a spare flashlight.
Elsewhere in the truck I have a spare web belt and holsters/mag carriers.

Part of this is that my truck is set up for when I live in a campground in CT; A) I choose to be CT legal, and B) firearms are forbidden - and it's very much "what you don't see can't hurt me". So when I'm in CT, my carry weapons and my competition firearms all live in my truck - and I have appropriate storage for them and for my gear. For example, my spotting scope, stapler, targets and rangefinder all have places in my truck - and they're always there.

When I'm home, the truck stays configured like that - the major difference is that my firearms are stored in my safe, I move them into the truck as I use them.

In doing so it would of probably change the out come and circumstances . He probably be still in jail right now.

Not exactly sure what homosexuality has to do with any of this, but my normal carry is a full size xdm in 9mm, so 19+1 in the gun, plus normally 1 spare, for a total of 39.

I’ve seen enough shootout footage to understand that no matter how big the mag in the gun is, it’s going to end up empty before you’re done shooting. Carry a spare.

Back
Top Bottom