how many round do you pack when conceal carry? [NOT GAY]

edc carry is a necessity these days. me: no less than 20 in gun with spares. autos: 2 highcap or 10 rd , 9 or less rd: 3 with a total of at least 20. revolvers 5 or 6 in chamber, 12 rounds in a belt loop with additional speed strips or loaders

edc carry is a necessity these days. me: no less than 20 in gun with spares. autos: 2 highcap or 10 rd , 9 or less rd: 3 with a total of at least 20. revolvers 5 or 6 in chamber, 12 rounds in a belt loop with additional speed strips or loaders
"No less than 20 in the gun with spares"

What?!?? What handgun are you using with greater than 20 round mags as a daily cc firearm? Plus spares on top of that?

As far as me same as always.....a 5 shot revolver. I don't leave the house with the idea that im getting into a f***ing mall shootout. Some people obviously have grandiose ideas of being a f***ing operator out there. 🙄

I can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not, and both are equally as troubling for their own reasons.

What?!?? What handgun are you using with greater than 20 round mags as a daily cc firearm? Plus spares on top of that?

As far as me same as always.....a 5 shot revolver. I don't leave the house with the idea that im getting into a f***ing mall shootout. Some people obviously have grandiose ideas of being a f***ing operator out there. 🙄
Same here. My Airweight .38 or shield

It's getting difficult. I have no room for a spare mag.

With a bunch of keys on a key ring, a loaded p365 in my front pocket holster, a cell phone, and wallet. My pants are getting quite heavy and full. I can't bend over to tie my shoelaces without snapping my cell phone.

20 huh?

I did that my G17 with +2 floor plates and one in the pipe back in the day, with 2 spare 19 round mags in my pocket.

These days I prefer smaller and lighter.. 43X and one spare, or my M60 with 3 speed strips

This fall/winter will be carrying my CZ P01 on the regular.

16+1 in the firearm (decocked) and at least one 14 round mag for back up in my pocket...so 31 rounds total there. If two extra mags carried, that's 45 rounds, lol...but who knows...even trips to the grocery are getting out of hand these days...might as well have enough ammo in case the whole store staff turns into zombies.

Currently I carry either a shield w/2 8rd'rs and a 7+1 in the gun (24 rds total), or my PM 9 w/2 7rd'rs and 6+1 in the gun (21 rds total)...but that's depending on the weather/attire and/or if i'm riding the Harley (dual ankle carry the PM9 and 2 extra mags when riding)

Something like this
1586103153667.png
Makes it a LOT less of a pain in the ass to carry two extra mags. You'll forget they're there until if/when you need them or have to take them off at the end of the day. I opted for the DeSantis neoprene dual mag and it's lined on the inside so your leg doesn't sweat like a nun in a cucumber patch.

Last edited:

BCM.jpg

Respectfully disagree.
If the shit hits the fan, it will likely occur suddenly and without much warning. I am still working so it may take a half hour to get home. A lot can happen in the time to drive 20 miles.
I always carry a spare magazine, in a horizontal magazine carrier, but with the current bs, I threw an extra box of ammo in my go bag.
Remember the LA riots? They pulled that trucker out of his cab in traffic. It's not as far fetched as it used to be. If the ebt system crashes, or the supermarkets were to close up, you don't think those 300-400 people would walk right into the main street and start pulling people out of cars? Or smashing store windows?

Sure, it is unlikely, but what is the harm in having a little extra ammo on you or at least handy? I have also started carrying something bigger than a subcompact 9mm. Sure, it is more than enough in 99.99% of cases. But what if tomorrow is that one in 10k day? Yeah, I am pretty good with my p365, but with a 226 and a 5" barrel, if I can see it, I can hit it. So tomorrow, I will leave for work with a 226 in 40 with 13 in the gun, 24 in the shoulder rig and 12 more on my belt.
I haven't thrown a rifle in the truck yet, but I have been thinking about it.
And no, I don't think this is eminent , because if I did, I would not be leaving the house.

15+1 with a 15 round spare or 6+1 with a 7 round spare, depending on what Im carrying. Pepper spray and the spare mag are in a 2 mag pocket holster in left pocket.

If I carry my P226 I use a 20-round mag with a 15 round spare, but that's not super common.

Otherwise, LCP II with 6+1 and a spare mag.

if you bought them ages ago beretta and browning hi powers have 20 rd mags

I’m curious why OP had to put NOT GAY in all caps in the thread title, as it has nothing to do with the question.

This.

Times a million.

I think he needs this shirt:

3784279_0.jpg

Respectfully disagree.
If the shit hits the fan, it will likely occur suddenly and without much warning. I am still working so it may take a half hour to get home. A lot can happen in the time to drive 20 miles.
I always carry a spare magazine, in a horizontal magazine carrier, but with the current bs, I threw an extra box of ammo in my go bag.
Remember the LA riots? They pulled that trucker out of his cab in traffic. It's not as far fetched as it used to be. If the ebt system crashes, or the supermarkets were to close up, you don't think those 300-400 people would walk right into the main street and start pulling people out of cars? Or smashing store windows?

Sure, it is unlikely, but what is the harm in having a little extra ammo on you or at least handy? I have also started carrying something bigger than a subcompact 9mm. Sure, it is more than enough in 99.99% of cases. But what if tomorrow is that one in 10k day? Yeah, I am pretty good with my p365, but with a 226 and a 5" barrel, if I can see it, I can hit it. So tomorrow, I will leave for work with a 226 in 40 with 13 in the gun, 24 in the shoulder rig and 12 more on my belt.
I haven't thrown a rifle in the truck yet, but I have been thinking about it.
And no, I don't think this is eminent , because if I did, I would not be leaving the house.
Op is carrying 60 rounds on body according to his latest post. You think you need 60 rounds go for it. I think it's over the top.

Back
Top Bottom