How many remember when BCN ruled the airwaves?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Oh gosh. I just remembered this.

Back in the early 90's, BCN really wanted to promote some Halloween-type party.

Every other commercial was a spot for RAAHHHHK-Tober-Fest or something.

To this day, anyone tries to bastardize Octoberfest and I go ape-poop. It was that classically annoying.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
All those station were always chasing AAF. There was some crazy crap that went on back then on the air. I remember one of the AAF jocks locked himself in the studio and just played Stairway to heaven for his whole shift.
before FM became mainstream I used to enjoy Dale Doorman on RKO. Played great music and was funny as hell.
A lot of stations have come and gone or changed formats. AAF is the only one I can think of that was around in the 70's that is still going and never changed formats. Always rock

- - - Updated - - -

Mark Parenteau just died last week

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love AAF. Unfortunately, about 10 years ago, they cut their power output so I can't get it way out here anymore. Sometimes I stream it on the 'net, but the sound quality sucks.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I love AAF. Unfortunately, about 10 years ago, they cut their power output so I can't get it way out here anymore. Sometimes I stream it on the 'net, but the sound quality sucks.
They didn't change the output, but they did alter the transamitter sites. It used to be in Paxton and I think they moved it to Boylston.

-Mike

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
i don't know why but i'm thinking about new england music city now. in high school, i pretty much lived in the kenmore square store. i think it's a 7-11 now or something like that. you guys suck, i hate heading down that dead end called memory lane.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I spent a considerable amount of my time commuting to Boston with my mom in HS/College for work. She was a easy-listening fan. WVBF. Loren & Wally. Oh gosh. They had that comedian that died that did all the impressions. He was a genius. Saul Robinawitz. ROFL!!! L &W were pretty good. The impressions - made it a laugh-fest every day. I would have preferred 45 min of talk and 15min of music an hour with that crew.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rock 102 in Springfield is still going. WAQY 102!

94 HJY out of Providence is still going, used to listen to that in College 25 years ago.

What was that Rock station out of Hartford in the 80's/90's, 105.9....??? Loved that station.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was working in that studio putting up sound panels , had to cut them out in that back parking lot outside the parking garage in the first floor of the building in the rear.

I got locked out and about 10 am ken Shelton drove up and opened the garage door with his remote from his car.

He stopped and rolled down his window with a pen in his hand, he thought I was waiting to get his autograph.
He had the disappointment face when I said , thanks but I just need to get back in to work!
The hummer was outside there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom