• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many people on NEShooters use AOL?

Just wondering if enough of us could meet in a "NEShooters" chat on AOL. Anyone interested?
The personal message feature we have here is great. Just thought a chat room we all could frequent might make things a little more interesting.
CJC

Republic of Mass said:
i do, through "bring your own service) i use my highspeed to access aol..

My wife has access to an AOL account and the software is on this comp. I'd be in.

What C-pher said.... had it for less then a year back in the early 90's. Then used local servers untill about 2 years ago when we went high speed.

I have had an active AOL account since 1991. I don't use it ever. I only keep it because that is the only way my mom will use the internet. I changed to broadband service about 6 or 7 years ago, and even though my parents have DSL at their house, my mom still insists on using the AOL interface. My sister uses the account from her house too.

There are a lot of people that are on Yahoo IM, it's a free service and has full chat, IM and video chat all for free...

If you all want to do a Yahoo chat, I would be interested.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
I have had an active AOL account since 1991. I don't use it ever. I only keep it because that is the only way my mom will use the internet. I changed to broadband service about 6 or 7 years ago, and even though my parents have DSL at their house, my mom still insists on using the AOL interface. My sister uses the account from her house too.

There are a lot of people that are on Yahoo IM, it's a free service and has full chat, IM and video chat all for free...

If you all want to do a Yahoo chat, I would be interested.

Adam

Yea, I would do something with Yahoo, I have an YIM account. But I connect through Jabber when I'm at work. That's our corporate IM service. But we have portals to MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ.

I read some time ago the AOL is anti-gun, so I do not use it.
For a portal I used to use Yahoo, but grew weary of the animated advertising, so changed to Myway.
JT

jacobtowne said:
I read some time ago the AOL is anti-gun, so I do not use it.
Well... I don't pay them anything for the messenger, and don't even use their software, so I really don't care what their stance is... they don't get squat from me, and I use their resources for free. How can I lose that way? [twisted]

jacobtowne said:
For a portal I used to use Yahoo, but grew weary of the animated advertising, so changed to Myway.

Uh... what animated advertising? I don't use their software or a browser for chatting, so I don't see any of it. See my previous post.

I've been told that Google Talk is going to go that route. Let you have all your IM apps linked thought that one window.

The only reason that I like to use YIM directly some times is because of the video function.

But when I can, I use Google Talk for the voice. It's the clearest I've heard out there. The VoIP used in Google Talk is really good, even if you have crappy equipment.

Back
Top Bottom