• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many off the wall unfired C&R are you sitting on.

MJ1

.................:cool:..............

I think I have ten rifles and half dozen hand guns un-fired just collecting dust.

QNbSYJ3.jpg

NxyG5ke.jpg

So little time.

Sell them to me for what you paid i shoot the darn things!
Its a terrible thing to have so many guns and no time to shoot them.....
I dont have any guns that have not been fired...a lot.
It may take some time to get through the rotation to shoot them all though.

If you need help getting down to a manageable amount of rifles to keep from gathering dust, I am here for you. Let me know what you want to offload :).

Have to go and get the seasonal victim gourd for the 1812 Springfield flintlock and annual firing squad.

last year.....

Wonder if I should use the M88 Trapdoor Springfield and break with tradition....

t

Attachments

• IMG_3698.jpg
    IMG_3698.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3697.jpg
    IMG_3697.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN3531.JPG
    DSCN3531.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
When I was in club limbo I accumulated a few pieces that had to wait a bit. I've since rectified that issue, everything has now been used.

Just one, got a 1943 Mosin Nagant a couple weeks ago from a fellow NESr. I have plenty of corrosive ammo for it but need to get some clean food for it before I try it out. I don't want the hassle....

Just my AR-180. I’m not babying it by any means; I just haven’t had time and need to modify a few mags before I go.

Everything else has gotten fired. 1888-1985ish.

How can it be unfired? Maybe unfired since it left the factory. Any military weapon has the "P" or equivalent for proofed when a double charge is fired, doesn't it, as well as a sighting test?

t

I would never let any of my friends be gun safe queens.

Me, “ So how does it shoot”

Friend, “ It’s a collectible, not going to shoot it”

Me, “ You better get your ass in the car. We are going to the range.”

How can it be unfired? Maybe unfired since it left the factory. Any military weapon has the "P" or equivalent for proofed when a double charge is fired, doesn't it, as well as a sighting test?

t

That is not necessarily true. M1 Garand's and M1 Carbine's were issued after only one per rack was tested.

Enfield's did not get the 18 TON P stamp till surplussed out of service and exported.

The Finn's never made receivers but there thousands of un-fired M39's that were imported post war built rifles om 1890's receivers that were optically zeroed only. I have three of those and two Yugo M91/30's and two 91/59's you can't find any thing but some dust and grease in the bores. Lets not forget the Yugo M48's that came in the thousands absolutely new.

GasYamD.jpg

aF4GtQ4.jpg

v9moODF.jpg

Oo5Toyn.jpg

Cheers

UA0skMe.jpg

How does that jive with the fact that most M1s have the "P" proof? Visual only?

t

Well it means the rifle passed gauging and a family member worked at Springfield in QC in '42 and '43 and according to her it was impossible to test fire every rifle in a sea of racks as far as the eye could see. Just the man power and ammunition alone would have been enormous. How many millions of M1 were produced T ?

Comparing to K98 production. All were inspected, and all were sighted in. About 5% failed. I think the total was 14,000,000.

t

Comparing to K98 production. All were inspected, and all were sighted in. About 5% failed. I think the total was 14,000,000.

t

Now you have changed your point to the Mauser I can't help you there my family was on another team. Do you have a reply to the original question ? No one is looking for an argument with you to but I would like to know if you have any unissued C&R's.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom