• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many of you....

Take the Family with you on Sundays ?
Been at it for a while now. We all go to the club for breakfast and then my 14 year old daughter heads in to the archery range. My 13 year old heads in to the indoor range with her Savage Mark II .22 with the wife and her 22/45 Ruger. I bounce between the two ranges then take some time for myself and my Ruger Mark III to do some bullseye practice.

Only way we will survive is to pass on the lifestyle and keep others interested in shooting.

Who have you taken to the range lately? [thumbsup]

Tori.jpg

Last edited:
Take the Family with you on Sundays ?
Been at it for a while now. We all go to the club for breakfast and then my 14 year old daughter heads in to the archery range. My 13 year old heads in to the indoor range with her Savage Mark II .22 with the wife and her 22/45 Ruger. I bounce between the two ranges then take some time for myself and my Ruger Mark III to do some bullseye practice.

Only way we will survive is to pass on the lifestyle and keep others interested in shooting.

Who have you taken to the range lately? [thumbsup]

Somebody should tell Charlie Sheen - THIS is #Winning

That looks like some fun family time.When my kids were young I use to take my son to the range on Sunday.I am waiting for my Granddaughter to get just a little older to take her.

nope...got no kids

Bring nephew,niece, friends.

I get the kids and wife to breakfast at least once a month. Oldest daughter likes to shoot.
Fare weather kid and indoor range is to dark for her vision.
Youngest kids to young still.

The big problem I have is wife works every weekend night and I can't have 1 kid shooting while the other 2 are doing very little.

I often wish clubs had babysitters on sight for the young kids?

I have taking and keep taking. My 2 nephews, my sons, my wife and anyone else I can. The more people involved with and supporting 2A the better. [mg]

Spent two hours at the club today in fact. Archery first. Then to the indoor pistol range for the wife to put a box through her carrry gun (smith performance center 642). I put a couple cyliders through the 357 mag and then my son wife and i took turns with the single ten the henry lever 22 and the m and p 45. Then out to a pizza lunch. Usually i shoot a couple of rounds of trap before going to the pistol or rifle range but my son wanted to try his new bow before his archery class tomorrow night.

Last edited:
You don't need to have kids.. Take someone that doesn't normally shoot or own guns. Give them a fun experience with a firearm..

My neighbor 3 doors down just went in for his prints and picture for his LTC today. His wife is taking the class in February with their 18 y/o daughter.

I had them shooting our 10/22's and SR-22's in NH, and they will be joining the local gun club too. One at a time.....

Mine are both WAY to young but I offer every time I go to all the fb people I know (mostly family and actual friends). The biggest problem is that normally its easier for them to rather some other day (its too early, too cold, too hot, too busy, too whatever...)

it's good to take these people who never experienced this before and to pass this right onto our children and grandchildren. But to keep it we have to tell them to vite for pro 2A politicians who will not steal our freedom. We need to educate them more than just on how to shoot. I think sometimes we miss that on our endeavor to open their eyes and only give them half of the information by only taking them to the range. The need to know what is at stake to keep it.

But great advice all around. And you get a nice family day in the process for the most part.

Took my son and his friend (whose mom is an anti) out to the lower 40 of my dad's farm and blasted through a few hundred dollars worth of ammo. Sadly, the boy goes back to California tomorrow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shooting 1.16 020.jpg
    Shooting 1.16 020.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 83
Took my son and his friend (whose mom is an anti) out to the lower 40 of my dad's farm and blasted through a few hundred dollars worth of ammo. Sadly, the boy goes back to California tomorrow.

attachment.php

Stll will be something he should remember.. Hopefully he thinks of that when he starts to vote!!

Back
Top Bottom