How many of you 'advertise' your owning firearms?

I removed my NRA sticker from my Jeep. Massad Ayoob says that if you advertise on your vehicle that you have guns, someone may break into your car to try to steal whatever is in there.

Also if you are involved in a "road rage" incident (which can happen at any time on my daily Boston commute) the other person can call the police and tell them you "brandished" at them. If you are then stopped and you are carrying, the cop may be convinced that you did it even though you did nothing of the sort (we hope). Just my 2 cents worth. [thinking]

I work in a museum where most are 'educated liberals'.

I don't like bumper stickers so I don't use them. Likewise no window stickers.

I do however have a 2ftx2ft color poster of the President and Rumsfeld and the top Army brass on the wall. Also a photo of the Prez and Laura that I got when I contributed to the campaign... and my invite to the inauguration is hanging there.

Also a certificate of appreciation from the NRA-ILA. Thiis as far as I go with the NRA/gun stuff here.

My political preferences are an 'in your face' statement that I like to make and which probably can't hurt me, but if I present my 2A/shooting interests it could prompt questions, like do you carry and they don't need to know that.

Magazines, sure they come since I'm an NRA lifer. Catalogs, yup. Can't hide them. Won't hide them. No different than Field and Stream as far as I'm concerned.

My car in Mass has no stickers. I was told once by Darius to only have a "Save the Whales" sticker on the car. I laughed pretty hard about that advice.[rofl] But I did put a PSI (John Peterson school) hat in the back window.[grin]

But for my Jeep that I keep in Washington, I have NRA, USMC, Support the Troops, Freedom isn't Free, & Don't Tread on Me. It is not really advertising my guns, since DC doesn't allow any guns, anytime. (Unless already there in 1976) I think of it as doing a tiny part to help change the laws there.

Yes, all types of magazines. Not worried about the postman, but I do try to keep them only in my home office, so that my wife's friends and neighbors don't get bent out of shape or ask questions.

But, I do tend to read them all when I am on a plane every week. I love seeing the reactions of the people sitting next to me.

And my 8 year old boys, just love to "shop" in my Shotgun News. Drives my wife crazy.

The most common shirt I wear in public?---
"Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms? So Who's Bringing the Chips?"

11 homes on my dead-end private road. 4 owned by LEO's One is a good friend with full autos. I would guess 8 out of the 11 have guns. I probably have the second most. July 4 is a hoot.

Regularly wear pro-gun apparel. Fav is a shirt from M-14 says Islamic prayer service every day 0800 at the 500 yard line.

Jeep has NRA sticker. Also the "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun" bumper sticker.

I wear a Smith and Wesson hat most times. There's a riverside member button
on one side and a goal button on the other side. One of my neighbors knows
i have guns, but he used to have them and gave them away years ago.

JimB

I can occasionally be seen in public wearing t-shirts from different machine gun shoots. Other than that unless I'm going to or from the range and have my MRA cap on then you'd be hard pressed to tell. No stickers.

So basically, only my neighbors that see me toting my rifle to the car and the mailman know.

I forgot to add my "Massachusetts Terrorist Hunting Permit" sticker.

Not really a firearms related thing, but it probably does give the Liberals something to get all upset about. [devil]

No stickers but plenty of mail.

I "came out of the gun safe" at work by donating a basic fireams safety course for a Katrina relief fundraiser and now I'm trying to put together a safety class for co-workers. I mostly wear gun themed cothing at the range but have worn my "MRA Rifle Team" sweatshirt at the annual Breast Cancer walk in Boston. I've also spoken about firearms safety and fun at a local Rotary luncheon.

Oh, I also have a few sets of different pistol cuff links for special occasions.

Other than that, and the occasional inadvertant "printing', I'm pretty quiet on the subject... [smile]

Bolt308 brings up a good piont,the neighbors.Good and bad seeing me load my car with a rifle case. I cant help to wonder what they think and who they maybe talking to.I try not to be to obvious, but I feel eyes upon me.

Back
Top Bottom