How many of you 'advertise' your owning firearms?

A continuation of the "Firearms and Friends" thread

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7301

By advertising I mean...

NRA or any other gun related sticker on your vehicle.

Flyers, catalogs, mailings from firearms, parts, accessories companies in your mailbox.

Firearm related magazines put out with the trash.

Wear clothing that has some gun related message on it.

I try to be aware and a tad cautious about what I have in view, but I also don't go to any great lengths to hide it.

I have an NRA sticker on my Jeep.

Most always have my NRA baseball cap on.

My mailbox is in a common area (it opens at the top), and at least once a week there's some gun related mail in full view (I'm not that thrilled about that).

I tear all my mail up and stuffed in a trash bag on trash day.

No magazines except for "American Rifleman" and "The Outdoor Message"; which I keep until the pile-up then store in boxes.

Right now I’m wearing a GOAL sweatshirt, a Kalishnikitty tee-shirt (Hello Kitty holding an AK-74), have a GOAL and a club sticker on the back window of my truck and every once in a while I will walk from a store to my truck with my “keychain” in my hand.

Other than those, I don’t advertise that I am carrying, though I don’t try that hard to cover up any printing I may do and I typically don’t openly carry or wear anything that screams out “tactical.”

I don't have any firearm related stickers on my cars.

I do have TONS of firearm related material sent home. But my mailbox is a slit in my front door. So, unless you look into my large front door window and down on my mud room floor. You won't see it.

I have my NES and GOAL shirts.

Other than that....not too much.

I have my USMC, Distinguished Rifleman, and NES.com stickers on my truck.

I usually have my USMC hat on with Presidents 100 and Distinguished pins on it as well. I am pretty sure the people who live around me know I have guns. Not to mention the fact that I load and unload all of my high power shooting equipment in and out of my truck 3 times a week.

Check.

Flyers, catalogs, mailings from firearms, parts, accessories companies in your mailbox.

Check.

I save all my magazines (never know when you're gonna need a G&A from 1997)...

Check.

3 out of 4. I'm a freakin' billboard. Gun mags should be payin' me!

I don't have any stickers on my car, but I do get plenty of material in the mail. I also wear my NES clothing. I'm sure my neighbors are aware of my guns, seeing me take my rifle cases back and forth to my car.

I have my M4 WWW.NORTHEASTSHOTERS.COM sticker in my back window. I also have a NRA sticker back there. I always where my NES sweatshirt. I have sheet metal AR15's hanging up in my office (surprisingly the customers make good comments about them) You can also find my vehicle parked outside of Northeast Trading 3-5 times a week if that counts.

Let's see. For stickers on the back of my Jeep I got...

RKBA in white oval
Crime Control, Not Gun Control
Peace Through Superior Firepower
Massachusetts: Live Free or Here
Condoleezza Rice for President 2008
My Gun, My CHOICE (in glove box - not on yet)

Window decals:

Don't Tread On Me Rattlesnake "ribbon"
Gun Owners' Action League

Haven't been cut off or flipped off in months.

mAss Backwards said:

None of that stuff makes any difference up here. A LOT of pickups have guns hanging in the back window. If I was still driving one, I'd keep my AK or Dragunov in it. We actually consider it a FASHION STATEMENT up here.

LoginName said:
A continuation of the "Firearms and Friends" thread

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7301

By advertising I mean...

Well, I'm sure my mailman knows I'm a gun owner. [smile] As for car... I haven't yet put my NES sticker on it. I do have an IDPA hat that I'll wear, and an NES hat (BTW, Derek - you gotta lose CafePress and go with someone who'll do a better job; that iron-on stuff is pretty bad. I'll ask a friend who's got an EmbroidMe franchise for pricing for you), and folks get a giggle out of my button that says "If all you have is silver bullets, everything looks like a werewolf".

Other than that... no advertising. At least two of my neighbors know as I've talked to them about shooting.

NO - but
I have an NRA sticker at my office desk :)

YES

NO- I pass it along to someone else

YES

When I first joined the NRA I ended up getting this picture of Charlton Heston with an over under over his shoulder with a positive 2nd Amendment statement on it. Of course I took it to work and hung it up right over a 50 BMG round I have on my desk. It was a live round, but FTF in my Serbu. The primer was solidly hit, but nothing happened.

Now a days, when my guys start acting up I just ask them if they really want to piss of a guy that can take them out at 1000 yrds. Shuts them up every time. Hummmm, I hope I don't end up in HR one of these days though.

My Truck Bumper Sticker:

rkba.jpg

Last edited:
I do not put bumper stickers on my truck, it's just not something I do. I tend to not wear much that categorizes me as a shooter other than some t-shirts. I do get a lot of shooting-related material in the mail but our regular mailman is a gunnie also.

I do wear a "Molon Labe" baseball cap quite often and have had some good conversations explaining what it means.

When I wear a tie I wear a S&W tie tac a 1911 hand gun and a US Flag lapel pin. Also on tuseday when I get the want ad. and people ask me what I'm looking for I say guns and an ready to defend their reactions to my quest.

Fred

mAss Backwards said:
Let's see. For stickers on the back of my Jeep I got...

RKBA in white oval
Crime Control, Not Gun Control
Peace Through Superior Firepower
Massachusetts: Live Free or Here
Condoleezza Rice for President 2008
My Gun, My CHOICE (in glove box - not on yet)

Window decals:

Don't Tread On Me Rattlesnake "ribbon"
Gun Owners' Action League

No stickers on the truck, as I don't want to advertise when I have a gun stored in a safe in it.

I just ordered one of the "Massachusetts: Live Free or Here" stickers for it though!

Last edited:
I wear whatever I want despite what people may think of me, and put what stickers I want on my truck. Had one a while ago that said "My Other Ride Is Your Daughter" I made sure to point that one out to my mother in law who got a kick out of it.[smile]
I even tried ordering a shirt from Rotten Cotton that said Smoke Crack and Worship Satan just to wear for shock effect but they discontinued it.[sad]

In fact, brings to mind a new NES shirt idea..... "Yes I carry a gun and no i'm not afraid to blow your face off if need be." NorthEastShooters.com
Too much?? [laugh]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Had one a while ago that said "My Other Ride Is Your Daughter" I made sure to point that one out to my mother in law who got a kick out of it.
That would have given my mother in law a heart attack. [rolleyes]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
In fact, brings to mind a new NES shirt idea..... "Yes I carry a gun and no i'm not afraid to blow your face off if need be." NorthEastShooters.com
Too much?? [laugh]
Uh... yeah, that might be just a tad over the edge for the People's Republik of Mass... Just a tad.[devil2]

On the back of my Explorer I have:

Goal sticker
NRA sticker
American flag decal
"The 2nd Amendment: America's First Freedom"
"Proud to be an American"
"Proud to be a Rebel Lady"
"Southern Pride"

Um....I think that's it. No one's ever said anything about my stickers, cept once - a guy smiled and said he was an NRA member too.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Too much?? [laugh]

I've got my NES Sweatshirt that says "Don't run, you'll only die tired."

i have a NRA decal on the back window and a NES decal on the side window of my wagon.(gonna need another,for other side)

i'm also always wearing my NES cap and i normally wear my NES shirt(don't run,you'll only die tired) twice a week.(after washing of course)

i get the NRA catalog and magazine in the mail.

Have a USMC stickers on back bumpers on my cars but I dont think it advertises that I own or carry gun a gun.I tear all mailing labels off all gun pertaining stuff I get in the mail. I try to keep a low profile.

I don't have any stickers on my car, I have an NRA hat that I usually only wear to the range, but I do get a ton of magazines in the mail.

I usually wear a "Team Glock" cap.

Anybody know where I can find a decent looking Winchester cap? I have a few "Winnies", my favorite being the only model Semi-Auto 30-06 they ever made. (Aug '43 man date).

I have a CMP sticker on the car. The usual culprits in the mail. & if anyone looks in the back of my vehicle there's very often my target stands and backers in there.(I do try to keep those covered though.)

CD

Back
Top Bottom