How many NES members are now considered Felons? ATF AR/AK pistol brace fiasco.

I just found fs1913 in stock and ordered it last night. SB alone has 4mil+ stocks in circulation and all the other copy cats and free designs to print your own, they may as well push for AWB again. Compliance numbers are not going to look great.

Where? Oddly I have one backordered and it went from availability in November all the way to May 2021. Only reason I can see for that is they are holding off on production for fear of legal/financial liability. In a way I am kinda OK with that given the current state of affairs.

I hate to say it but I knew this was coming, braces are low hanging fruit. This is why I'm going the SBR route and not building a pistol with a brace (from another thread).

We can expect this to get worse under Biden. Without the Senate he can't pass new laws, but he can sure as h@ll push new regulation.
Don't give in to their f***ery.

Ya I agree, maybe we see something that clarifies the "law", makes some braces "good" and others "bad", but I don't think in a year we will even be able to buy some of what is available today, nevermind "legally" use them.

The law is very clear, "shall not be infringed" so ATF's footing is a house of cards built upon lies. They are dancing around bullshit legal objectives that's what really creates these overly complicated engineering guidelines (or luck thereof) Trump basically asked them to ban bumpstocks and they had to come up with an engineering reason to do so. This house of cards is fragile as shit, the main reason why they are not forthcoming with official requirements and press on with secrecy in making their decisions. Because it's not an engineering problem of "interpretation", it's justification for whatever politicians want them to do.

Where? Oddly I have one backordered and it went from availability in November all the way to May 2021. Only reason I can see for that is they are holding off on production for fear of legal/financial liability. In a way I am kinda OK with that given the current state of affairs.

PlanetOptics, they had half a dozen, I was really surprised and they are gone as of few minutes ago.

Seems as if, say, the SBA3 is unlawful to install or ship preinstalled, it should be recalled and/or the ATF should issue one of its edicts specifically telling the unwashed they have to surrender their braces to the government. This is in contrast to owners trying decipher conflicting letters from the ATF to manufacturers.

How many NES members are now considered Felons? ATF AR/AK pistol brace fiasco.

Including OP?

3...?

Did any of you read the ATF letter above? They don't have a problem with the arm brace. They have a problem with the marketing material implying specific ATF approval.

They do have a problem with the SBA3 on a specific shotgun. They stated it was actually an SBS because of the SBA3. But no other details. And no certainty that the SBA3 on another gun would be the same. Could be because of the length of pull... could be the SBA3 itself. Don’t know.

I wonder how this effects anyone here in Mass that built an AR pistol using a fixed mag lower?
We are all felons in waiting , they just need to interpret the law until it works against us

This is Colonel James Barrett:

1606343816736.png

He lived in and raised a family on this farm in Concord, Massachusetts;

1606341096966.png

Jimmy was in his mid-60's when Lt. Col. Francis Smith marched 800 men towards Concord to seize stores of powder and arms. (the equivalent of our modern 5.56 and AR rifles)

This is LT. Col Smith:

1606341662559.png

Good men in Lexington also rallied to meet the foe. They were fathers, sons, brothers and husbands. They knew walking out of the comforts of their homes could leave their families
in dire circumstances. If they should fall in battle, or be captured by a brutal enemy, what would happen to their family? They went anyway...

Here's what happened there:

1606341855762.png

As a result of their sacrifices and determination We inherited this:

1606342346842.png

A time is coming when Free Men will once again throw off an overwhelming force bent on our destruction and domination.

Will you help? Will YOU raise arms against Our Foe?

Your Family is counting on you to...

1606342450406.png1606342482872.png
1606342581790.png1606342557843.png

For more info on April 19, 1775: The Project Gutenberg eBook of The Battle of April 19, 1775, in Lexington, Concord, Lincoln, Arlington, Cambridge, Somerville and Charlestown, Massachusetts, by Frank Warren Coburn.

Last edited:
They do have a problem with the SBA3 on a specific shotgun. They stated it was actually an SBS because of the SBA3. But no other details. And no certainty that the SBA3 on another gun would be the same. Could be because of the length of pull... could be the SBA3 itself. Don’t know.
Source?

If true, it is outrageous that SB did not get a approval for each of their braces and worse, that they advertised them as compliant.
I mean, I can understand how Sig should have gotten ALL their braces certified by ATF as compliant, but for ATF to say that one Sig brace is compliant and another isn't, yet their function is identical, that's absurd. Like, is the next step going to be that Sig got their black SB4 brace certified, but not the FDE or olive colored one, so those colored ones aren't compliant?

I mean, I can understand how Sig should have gotten ALL their braces certified by ATF as compliant, but for ATF to say that one Sig brace is compliant and another isn't, yet their function is identical, that's absurd. Like, is the next step going to be that Sig got their black SB4 brace certified, but not the FDE or olive colored one, so those colored ones aren't compliant?

That is exactly what MA does to get firearms approved for sale in the state. Oh, the blued P226 is approved, but the olive one isn't, because it wasn't submitted for approval. There was a write up from Sig many years ago about this.

Being a bootlicker good boy will make the alphabet cocksuckers happy.
I'll fight them as a free man and they will take the opposition seriously. You can write them nasty letters from prison and be a source of amusement. Everyone has their roll

Tiny point of order: SB Tactical is not Sig. The "Sig brace" is a popular name for products made by SB Tactical

Same reason why “firearms” have braces and shotguns do not when barrels are <18” and/or OAL is <26”. Cheaper to do the firearm in a free state.

Did any of you read the ATF letter above? They don't have a problem with the arm brace. They have a problem with the marketing material implying specific ATF approval.
Yep -- "is being marketed as evaluated and approved":

1606355342334.png
Source?
Don't recall that one. There was the 2019 "folding brace" opinion, where the buffer tube didn't serve any functional purpose, was solely there to add length.

That is exactly what MA does to get firearms approved for sale in the state. Oh, the blued P226 is approved, but the olive one isn't, because it wasn't submitted for approval. There was a write up from Sig many years ago about this.
lol, OMG the BS is endless with these Communist motherfuggers.

ATF doesn't "approve" anything. They issue determination letters on firearms, as to whether they're GCA or NFA.

They don't classify firearms accessories. You think McMillan has ever submitted a rifle stock to ATF for "approval"? Has Nikon submitted scopes? Has Magpul submitted magazines or grips or other furniture?

As explained in this longer, better, article, SB did a product dump and requested determination letters on everything, but got sleeping crickets for a response.

Back
Top Bottom