• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many mags is enough?

When the people from the hoarders tv show knock on your door you are almost there. Hopefully those buttinskis can take some of your useless crap to the Goodwill box so you can finally get all the mags you'll need.

revolvers for everyone.

I'd reply with "derringers for everyone", but the end game is one muzzle loader for everyone that never saw a doctor in their lives. Cause nobody needs more than one shot every couple of minutes to protect themselves and their families, and if you've already seen a doctor, you are obviously disabled and cannot be asked to protect yourself - just shelter in place until the cavalry arrives.

I just keep buying them. Like ntomsw said, 'the basement isn't full yet'. I don't think you can ever have too many pmags.

meh; I just signed up for 5 30 round mags for a gun I haven't built yet :)

All the mags. You need them all.

That said...

I have 5x 13rd for the g23 and plan on getting 5 more, plus 5x g22 (15rd) and 5x 33rd - because I live in a free state and I can. Otherwise they are kinda just a PITA to deal with. 10x 13rd, 5x 15rd, and 5x 33rd

The Mini-30 I have 6x standard cap 20rd and intend to continue to buy them one and two at a time as I can afford them and find them until I can fill the ammo carrier with them +1, I estimate about 18 or so. Also have 5x, but want a total of 10x 5rd "hunting" mags, because the fact is the standard caps are also a PITA to deal with in some cases (shooting off the bench, for instance). I also intend to pick up at least 1x 10rd ProMag and test it, if it works (the Mini-30 is known to be a picky eater - both when it comes to mags and ammo) I intend to have 6 of them. The 5's and 10's will all fit into another ammo can together. Assuming they work I want those for Appleseed shoots, so call it 20x 20rd, 10x 5rd and 6x 10rd

The 10/22 and the RAR both take BX series mags, I have 8x 10rd and want a total of 12, or 6x10/gun, 2x BX25s total, want 4/gun, 2x pre-ban Eagle that I don't use because they don't feed well, and 0x BX25x2's, but want 1x for each gun. I intend to add another 10/22 to the collection where I will then "build out" the mag stash to include that. I pick these up as I go along as well. Again, the 25's can be a PITA on the line and the fact is they stick down too low and interfere with my stance. As far as I am concerned they are really only good for mag dumps, but I want them anyway because screw you. Call it 6x 10rd, 2x25rd and 1x 25x2 rd for each gun that will take BX mags. Perfectly willing (and likely in the end) to push that out to 11x 10rd/gun (can load 2x50 ct boxes of ammo and still keep a mag in reserve)

For the mags w/caps >7 I want to get all these before the next election - as well as an AR lower (or 2) and about 30x mags for that. Dad lives in NY, so I gotta say I am a little, um, gun-shy about what may happen in '14

Pretty telling that a dedicated shooter is picking up gear he doesn't much like for no other reason than because in the future it isn't likely to be available. Cue "Obama Gun Salesman of the Year" pix...

Back
Top Bottom