How many magazines

You can only use one magazine at a time.....having 8 or more would be great in a war or protecting your property from Zombies but that's a lot to carry around if you're simply looking to shoot at the range :)

For the rifles I always found it easier to load the mags in the comfort of my home and then just bring the whole box to the range... it seems I am pretty damn close to the middle of what people admit to.....
Thanks all

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

You can always answer this question yourself.

Do you have more ammo than you have magazines to put it in? Buy more magazines.
Do you have empty magazines? Buy more ammo.
Rinse and repeat

This way you will never be short of either.

My thoughts:

Depends on the gun and its purpose. It also depends how expensive the magazines are. I do like going to the range and not having to reload magazines. My Ruger Mark II came with 12 magazines which is probably an entire range trip for that particular gun. Would I have spent $250 on magazines for a $400 gun, probably not. Sports like USPSA require a minimum of 4 magazines just to play sensibly.

Chris

I guess it depends on whether your goal are to be a paper puncher , a competitor , a Katrina esque prepper or a guerrilla in a world without rule of law. ... And whether one is paying 10 or 30+ bucks per mag.

You can always answer this question yourself.

Do you have more ammo than you have magazines to put it in? Buy more magazines.
Do you have empty magazines? Buy more ammo.
Rinse and repeat

This way you will never be short of either.

I like the way you think![smile]

and i thought i was sick for having 5 for each handgun hahahaha.
you need help
[laugh2]

Five is a good minimum number to purchase with a handgun when you buy it. Like a starter kit. I think 20 is a decent number per handgun since realistically you're only carrying 3-5 at any one time. Having more allows you to not constantly be moving mags from place to place.

Ideally you'd have all your ammo loaded in mags, and you'd have a lot of ammo.

A case of .223 is $300-400. For that price you can buy 30-45pmags. So I'd start there as a MINIMUM for AR.

Last edited:
2 AR's with 20x20 rnd mags & 20x30 rnd mags.

15 GLOCK 21 mags - 5 w/ 4 rnd ext.

6 Glock 30 mags.

Several milsurps with tons of ammo & STRIPPER CLIPS!!!

I was thinking this would not cut the mustard here. Maybe its overkill. NOT!!!

I like 6 each for full size pistols, 4 for my EDC, and at least 20 loaded for carbines. I keep 4 bx-25's loaded for the 10/22's and a handful of 10 rounders. "The only two times you can have too much ammo is if you're on fire or swimming"

Four loaded for the 10/22. Really!

Oh. You must be talking about going to the range stuff. At least I hope so.

Last edited:
Not enough mags or ammo.
5-9 mags for each full size handgun, 2 for my edc.
15 for the AR, 12 for the AK and 10 for the .22AR.
Forgot about pcc's. Hipoint has five, Glock based AR (and Sub2K) has 10 including three 33s.

All mags are loaded and in pouches color coded by caliber/gun. My EDC is loaded with spare next to it as is a .22 pistol and my .45.

Back
Top Bottom