• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many kids came for Halloween?

None for a few years now. Didn't buy candy this year. Stopped in the liquor store yesterday afternoon and saw a woman filling her cart with nip bottles to hand out to the adults. I'd have gone out if I knew her address!

Been here 20 years and 4 kids come for a few years.
We need to go across town to TorT.
My kids are so put off my the One9 they did not want to do anything but carve pumpkins

7 kids with their parents. Kids liked the bags of candy I put out and the adults really liked the bucket of Coors Light that was out. One even came back for seconds.
Before anyone says Eeeewww Coors Light that's what they all drink so that what I bought lol.

Not all that many this year.
Not sure if it was more the cold or the rice rabies.
The wife is going to have to take the excess candy to work to save me from myself.

30-40 We laid the candy on a tray outside and I honestly thought the first kid would take it all. They all took care be or two. Of course I was watching on the Ring doorbell lol

Had a great time, people set up tables at the end of driveways with jackolanterns, bonfires, lights, all kinds of creepy displays. Kids had fun. Some people made up chutes to drop the candy into bags. It was more fun than normal Halloween. Whole neighborhood was into it. No Karens in sight.

Now the town (Franklin) is punishing the high schoolers for partying too hard and is delaying school opening due to excessive partying.

Last edited:
I set up a table outside. We got 6. The real disappointment was that nobody stole the table of candy. I was expecting my table stolen

seeing we are at pretty much as far back as you can go in a gated community (almost 3 miles from the gate) where there is nobody under the age of 50 that I know of, just like last year we got exactly ZERO.

I will say that is one of the things I miss about not being home at this time of the year

17. Down from 185. Last kids came at 6:30. All neighbors.

Some friends on a normally really busy street in Dorchester got zero.

We usually hand out full size bars On Halloween and typically get a ton of kids. With everything going on we only got 60 bars and they were all gone by 7:30, we had to shut the lights off because kids kept coming. I didn’t think we were going to get half of that.

i have some friends who didn’t get any kids. what was it like for you?

I'm channeling @Roland Deschain here... "I'm not gonna lie". But I seriously thought this thread was about the number of kids which were *conceived* last night and would be popping out in 9 months.

Not the number of kids who walked by for some sugar.

Hehe.

We costumed up, setup our front porch with a table and bags of goodies spaced apart. 50/50 candy and geocahe trinkets. Then went for a walk.

Estimate was 20-30 people. About half last year.

Favorites from the adventure. Only 1/5 houses did door greetings. 2/5 had tables set our away from the house with treats. 1/5 had a bucket on the front porch with a sign.

The last fifth was creative. One solution which stood out was clothes lines with candy hanging from clothespins. We liked it so much, we are already planning on doing it next year with paracord and spider webs!

Highlight of the evening was trailing a dad and his two kids. He had a light saber which hummed in the darkness, and glowed very well. Looked seriously legit.

3/4 through our route and we see a dude at a house dart back in while his kids are passing out treats. 30s later a second light saber kicks to life. One says something like "oh it's on!" And they both move at each other.

For a minute or two, the two dad's have a mock battle with the sabers in the street. I know one of them, (neighbor) and nonit wasn't planned, but was awesome to watch.

Lots of people were driving their kids door to door.

All were keeping distances, and over all it felt like a real halloween.

And all the candy we grabbed spent the night in the porch and was sprayed with isopropyl.

It'll be two more nights before it comes in.

Giggidy. (and I'm sure at least some lucky was had last night too. )

Back
Top Bottom