• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many have asked law enforcement if they will enforce the new laws?

It starts with the people saying no and the law enforcement saying they refuse to enforce laws. I think we don't need a revolution. We just need the people who swore to protect us to understand they can't be everywhere at once and that we are intelligent enough to take action on our own, that we want training! They need to understand that we want to work together!

If you guys want change then this is the change you need to ask. I would ask MA and NY to ask and make their voices heard! Tell them you won't stand for seeing the people you were sworn to protect go defenseless and that you don't want to be defenseless when you leave work! My dad did it! That you won't see anymore of your money go to unenforceable laws that simply drive a bigger wedge between law enforcement and the citizens who you need to have work with you!

Think about it guys! Your military was given AR-15s to defend this country in foreign wars. They were made to risk their lives and maybe pay the ultimate sacrifice, but when they got back to the country they loved and swore to defend they were told, "we don't trust you with a weapon" and "why do you need to have one of those now." It's insanity!

This is how our checks and balance system works!

If I'm wrong, or off base, then feel free to delete this thread. I have all the respect for you guys in the world, both military and law enforcement and it saddens, no sickens me, to see that your law makers have made it so people today are openly told, "don't work with the police if you know what's good for you." Don't believe me? Turn on YouTube and tell me I'm wrong. That's not your fault. That's the fault of the people who gave you duties like NY telling them they have to randomly harass people. That's what happens when a law maker can make a law but he doesn't have to enforce it! Tell your unions to do something. I mean you pay them enough out of your paycheck right?

NY and MA cops already make a living by enforcing laws that strip you of your rights. They've already made it clear that they are going to accept money to prevent you from being able to defend yourself.

Why would these people suddenly snap out of it and refuse to enforce these laws?

The laws are already tyrannical. You think cops are going to turn in their badges and declare that enough is enough because the limit when from 10 to 7? They're already okay with this. The laws were already almost just as bad. Look around the nation and you will find places where cops are enforcing almost all of the laws that were put into effect in NY and proposed in MA. Look at CA's AWB or DC's restrictions on CCW or the "One gun per month" states, or the many towns even in MA that down issue CCW permits.

They are already okay with it. And, the ones that aren't okay with it refuse to be a cop in those places. But there are plenty of thugs in line behind those people who are willing to take the job.

This will change nothing.

Why bother, they wont do anything to help us. That's why there is ALWAYS an exception in these bills for them. They don't care because it does not affect them.

I asked my brother in law who is a LEO for a Sheriff’s department in Indiana and he will not be enforcing this. I then asked what his boss stated on this issue and the Sheriff has not put out an official statement. Knowing my brother in law if his boss decides to violate the Constitution, he will resign before following those orders.

James

Last edited:
There are people who are turned away by law enforcement because of things like this. But, there are plenty of scumbags that will take the job regardless of what despicable acts they are required to carry out against society. So, that is the problem. The good ones are weeded out and the bad ones end up filling the positions.

Knowing my brother in law if his boss decides to violate the Constitution, he will resign before following those orders.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
James

This is what I am trying to say. There are some great guys out there in Law Enforcement. And they won't enforce this stuff. But, they will be replaced by scumbags who will. Cops are no different than the rest of the population. There are good ones and bad ones. The good ones won't enforce this, but they will be replaced by the bad ones who will.

Last edited:
Some LEO's will and some will not. I personally know some who will not and I know many who will.

Remember that most LEOs are not gun people and are interested in maintaining job security.

good or bad the enlisted ranks (if that's what they're called) are generally prohibited from speaking in uniform or even give the appearance of representing the department in civilain cloths. so there could be plenty of LEO there and you'd never know it. same goes for military and all civilian federal employees

Stop being f'clueless people. Cops as a group will not stop enforcing anything. History and science is clear on this. If hoping the cops don't step on your throat is your plan you need a better one.

This is what I am trying to say. There are some great guys out there in Law Enforcement. And they won't enforce this stuff. But, they will be replaced by scumbags who will. Cops are no different than the rest of the population. There are good ones and bad ones. The good ones won't enforce this, but they will be replaced by the bad ones who will.

Perhaps this is why you don't hear a whole lot of noise from the good ones. Plans to defy orders due to personal convictions isn't something you post about online. You say "I won't follow this law" and you're just exercising your 1A rights. I say "I won't enforce this law" and I get fired.

Well, you can count the Chief of Police in Brewster out, since the Cape Cod Times published a letter from him today (01/17/13) in which he stated that "Restricting weapons with high-capacity ammunition clips that are designed to kill human beings also makes sense."

Stop being f'clueless people. Cops as a group will not stop enforcing anything. History and science is clear on this. If hoping the cops don't step on your throat is your plan you need a better one.

100% truth. You might have some a minority. Between your rights and feeding their families and paying a mortgage where do you think you stand? All cops know that if they quit for that reason when its go time no Chief out there will hire them. Police chiefs already look down on gun owners as it is and you think they want a rogue cop who just quit his job because he didnt do his last Chiefs bidding?

East meet west.

Out here several county sheriffs (Out here Sheriffs Depts. do real police work.) have come forward and said to hell with these unconsitutional laws, and that they and their people will NOT enforce them. Our local guy Ozzie Knezovich has been outspoken about being against these actions, and that he won't be supporting them.

Will Spokane PD hop on the side of the gun owners? I don't know, and honestly, I don't think so considering the department's history. The Sheriff though is on our side, and it will be interesting to see that showdown.

Growing up in Reno, the county sheriff and his deputies had more authority than the Reno PD, and shut them down on a few things. Could that happen here? Who knows. I will say this.

Spokane is quite lovely, if anyone wants help finding out which neighborhoods are nice...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you can count the Chief of Police in Brewster out, since the Cape Cod Times published a letter from him today (01/17/13) in which he stated that "Restricting weapons with high-capacity ammunition clips that are designed to kill human beings also makes sense."

Holy crap that's super killy. Even the clip can kill!

Why bother, they wont do anything to help us. That's why there is ALWAYS an exception in these bills for them. They don't care because it does not affect them.

Are LEOs exempted from the "mental health" aspects? I think this has the ability to hit them extremely hard. they had better wake up quick.

Since this thread is about LEO’s, I am going to post an e-mail my brother in law copied me on this morning. This e-mail is a letter he is sending to all of his reps.

I will state that to me, my brother in law is the most honorable person I have had a chance to know in my 40 plus years of being around. He is retired military and served this country with honor and was highly decorated for it. He served this country (with multiple tours) in both Iraq and Afghanistan as an EOD tech. He also served in places that I do not know of and will never know. He and his family have sacrificed much for this country. I was reminded every time I spoke with my sister and she did not know if he would ever be walking through her door again. Also in the fact they spent over half of their marriage apart from each other until his retirement a few years ago.

So here is his opinion.

James

Title of e-mail: Opinion letter

This is exactly what I said it is, my opinion. I'm sending this to each of my elected officials. I'm sending this to you because that's what the President asked for at his press conference today. I'm indifferent on where you stand, but I ask you to please forward this on so that others might take a moment to consider writing their elected officials. Please remove my email address from this if you are willing to forward my thoughts on; I love speaking with each of you but I'm not interest in receiving emails from people I don't know (better to direct that energy to the politicians).

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am a police officer. I am a military veteran. I am a hunter and sportsman. I am a parent. I am a citizen.

I just finished watching the president’s press conference on firearms. He said we need to speak out; I agree with him.

I am tired of hearing politicians talk about evil guns. A gun is an inanimate object. Like a car. Like a knife. Like meth. Like prescription pills. They all kill when used inappropriately.

I am tired of hearing politicians talk about how the majority of Americans think we need tougher gun laws. The majority of Americans that I speak to every day tell me they want to know what we can do about our youth killing themselves with drugs. They want to know why they can’t get psychiatric care for their loved ones. They are not concerned about guns.

The president keeps talking about the NRA, which is an association of Americans who share a similar belief in the right to safely and responsibly own firearms. I am not advocating for/against this organization, only pointing out the hypocrisy of politicians. Yet I rarely hear him discuss the pharmaceutical industry or what is being done to make it harder for people to abuse drugs. I understand that in the major cities of our country violence is an issue. But in the rest of the United States the biggest issue is drugs. We don’t have a lot of people murdered with guns, and even fewer are killed with “assault weapons”. What we do have is a lot death’s that are related to the illegal use of drugs.

The president keeps talking about people with psychiatric problems. And yet the government has made it illegal for a doctor to share any information with anyone. I will give you examples of how ridiculous the laws are; I was attempting to locate a missing person and the hospital could not verify if the person was in the hospital. I was investigating a hit and run accident outside a doctor’s office; the staff could not tell me the name of the person who was driving the suspect vehicle without violating the privacy laws. I agree that privacy is important, but if you want the system to work, you have to be able to share information.

Does anyone ever listen to television commercials for medicine? I watched a commercial last night that listed the side effects as paranoia, depression, and not remembering your actions. This goes back to the pharmaceutical industry. They would have you believe that the answer to all of societies woes involve medication. I don’t have the energy to check, but if I did, I suspect that the pharmaceutical industry spends more money lobbying than the NRA. A large percentage of the recent mass shootings involved people who were medicated. Did their medications cause paranoia, depression, or an inability to remember their actions?

I really can’t help but laugh as the politicians talk about the majority of Americans think guns are bad. The more they talk about bans, the more Americans buy guns. I find it difficult to believe that a minority of Americans have depleted the warehouses of every major gun manufacturer in the United States. Do you think I’m exaggerating? Go to the store and see what is available for purchase.

I am against any more regulations on firearms. I am against politicians using this as a diversion to hide what every American should be concerned about. I am against honest Americans being punished for the actions of criminals.

I don’t care where you stand on this specific issue. I took an oath 27 years ago to defend your rights, to include having an opinion different than mine. But the president called for us to speak up. It’s time you do.

Here is my bottom line:
- I’m a police officer; I am not concerned about anyone owning an “assault weapon” or high capacity magazine. The person high on meth or synthetic drugs is a much higher threat to the public.
- I understand the stance on background checks on private sales of firearms; I take issue with any entity deciding what legal product I may or may not sell to my neighbor. It’s already against the law to sell fresh milk. I’m not interested in any entity regulating any commerce between neighbors.
- Why pass new laws if you won’t enforce current laws? All of the proposals being discussed are to restrict law abiding citizens and have no bearing on the criminal element. Prosecuting criminals using current laws takes bad guys and illegal weapons off the street. That’s not NRA propaganda; that’s the opinion of a police officer who does his job.
- Why are we wasting so much time vilifying inanimate objects instead of criminals? I don’t hear any calls for bans on cars or swimming pools, yet they kill kids every day. I get criticized for telling things the way they are; tough. People commit crimes, not inanimate objects. Address the issues with the people (i.e. psychiatric care, over medicating children, lack of social manners, unemployment…) and you will address criminal activity (to include mass shootings).
- Why hasn’t congress passed a budget in years? Isn’t that what they are supposed to do? Isn’t that a much bigger issue that affects every American?
- Why isn’t anyone concerned that the federal government is now spending more money per year than our entire economy generates? Each and every American is faced daily with a decision as to what they will or won’t spend their limited funds on. We all know what happens when we don’t pay our bills. Why aren’t we concerned that the federal government can’t pay its bills?

The media and the politicians are happy to tell you what to think. I am asking you to please take the time to exercise your rights; dig deeper than the media headlines, form your own opinion, and make your opinion known.

Back
Top Bottom