How many gun shops or big box stores have you visited this year?

Just curious if anybody else does this to help cope with cabin fever.

I've been on a tour of gun shops for the last few weeks and here is a list of them.

The Gun Parlor in Worcester

Pac and Postal in Lancaster

Cabelas in Hudson

KAG Arms in Littleton

The mill in Littleton (To many to list)

BROPHYS Fine Firearms in Middleboro

Shooting Supply in Westport

Village Sporting goods in Westport

1st Round Academy in Walpole

The Gun Rack in Turner Falls

GT Arms in Wareham

I think thats all, but I may have missed a few.
What did you buy?

I don't frequent any in-state gun stores. All online vendor ordering for me. Better deals. Cheaper prices.
That's not always true. I got a beautiful wooden stock Romanian .22 bolt action for $275 at an lgs two weeks ago. $292 after tax. My ten year old was ringing steel at 50 yds with its iron sights. His first time shooting. No way I find that rifle on gunbroker, get it delivered, transfer fees for $292.

What did you buy?

I bought a really nice revolver.
Then I picked up a small semi auto pistol.
I found some powder I had been looking for.
I bought another Holosun optic( this is my 3rd now)
I bought some 9mm ammo.
I met and spoke with a lot of really great people working hard and just trying to get people what they need.
It has been a very enjoyable tour so to speak.

I do most of my shopping online now for gun stuff. It's rare that a shop has what I am specifically looking for. We do have one mega store(ish) in naples but i probably go 1-2 times a year and when I'm theres its usually to use the indoor range for some reason.

Not like it used to be, that's for sure. All my ammo gets shipped to me and most of the guns I want to buy (goofy stuff like my AUG) usually isn't in stock at a local shop and if it is it's not going to be cheap.

The Bermuda Triangle of gun stores..

Gun Parlor Worcester
Gun Room Shrewsbury
Northeast Trading N. Attleboro
Gun Room hasn't been in business for a long time.

I generally buy guns online 90% of the time and transfer locally.
I buy ammo online 100% of the time.

But below is where I've been recently....or haven't been.....

Cabelas in PA - son is down there- got a good trade on a gun, then bought a Cabelas only Rizzini shotgun- never again buying a gun there....took almost 3 hours to complete a background check and sale.

KTP - big safe queen trade/cashout - took a long time as well due to store policies, but got decent trade in gift card money and cash.

I don't go to Hooksett/Derry/NH anymore...its not worth the time and gas money.
I don't ever go to Southeast or Northeast MA anymore either....not worth time or gas money.

I've been to Littleton once this year to sell a guy a bow, and went in KAG and a few other shops.
KAG is probably the best shop in the mill, but no idea. Didn't buy anything that day.

Small shops in my area...not many

Avoid the Gun Parlor totally....boycotted
Pullman no longer sells guns will do a transfer on occasion there
Match Shot Gardner - was there the other day, overpriced, old stock, not really worth going.
Demalia's Firearms - good guys, not much stock, but good transfer place.
Old Glory - not a bad spot, lots in stock, a little over priced, but they carry a lot. If I'm going up to Haffners for gas/booze, Ill go there.

Last edited:
That's not always true. I got a beautiful wooden stock Romanian .22 bolt action for $275 at an lgs two weeks ago. $292 after tax. My ten year old was ringing steel at 50 yds with its iron sights. His first time shooting. No way I find that rifle on gunbroker, get it delivered, transfer fees for $292.
Yea there is always that off chance that a LGS has something specific for "cheap" but you can find stuff like sub $200 .22 bolt actions everyday on sites like grabagun and etc.

2 gun stores:
  • Northeast Arms
  • North Shore Firearms
5 big box stores (woo hoo!)
  • Home Despot
  • Lowes
  • Walmart
  • Staples
  • Costco

Last edited:
since 1/1/23

Mill 2x
D&L
Bullseye
Heritage
Cabelas
Bass Pro

the problem with Cabelas/BPS is that shit is coded by department/subdepartment. If it falls into a specific subdepartment, the register pings the cashier to ask for LTC. Sadly cashiers aren't trained on MA gun laws, just to scan/charge/and do what the computer tells them. Not saying it's right, but when you have 100+ stores or so in multiple states and countries, I'm sure the guys programming the system aren't getting into the item by item specifics of MA compliance. Problem is when guys from RI come to BPS to buy an item that they legally can, but get denied because they don't have a MA LTC. Usually a call to a manager fixes that.

I have a BPS Club card.. when I get to $100-200, I sometimes go get free ammo. Once I saved up enough points to get a GP100 free.

Cabelas is a pain in the ass sometimes but I go for the occasional primers and powder as well as to browse the over priced gun library. Only bought a 10/22 there when it was on sale and I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Gone to the mill 4 or 5 times this year, usually to buy ammo, mags, or parts.

One.
I went to Wal-Mart to get some motor oil.
Well looking at it that way . . .

- Sam's Club, Costco, BJ's many times each
- Home Depot and Lowes a few times each
- Walmart a couple of times (never visit sporting goods however)
- 619DW to pick up a gun ordered from mfr

I knew I would forget a few.

Also been to Four Seasons and Outback Arms
I'm getting old and forgetful LOL

How many gun shops or big box stores have you visited this year?
Gun shops since Jan 1? Not very many. A couple of the usual suspects back in December, but I didn't buy anything. I did at least make it to the last Marlboro gun show, but I didn't buy anything there either. Current family obligations leave me with almost no free time, so the good old days of all-day gun shop road trips are no longer happening. High gasoline prices aren't helping either.

100% serious.

I drove by one day and was thinking of buying an MTM box, so I said f*ck it and stopped.

They asked for my LTC. I left the box at the register and walked away.

Damnit. I just did an online order for store pickup for some MTM boxes because they have an incredible sale price right now. I got the email just now that my order is ready for pickup.

KC Arms in Easthampton, picking up internet rifles. Great people, nice but very small store. Browsing their entire gun selection shouldn't take more than 2 minutes, tops.

Last edited:
Since the start of 2023 I've only been to Next Level Firearms (new location) and Northeast Munitions.
Haven't purchased anything this year, so far. Holding off until a few things settle down (personally).

Back
Top Bottom