• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many gun shops or big box stores have you visited this year?

Zero. Just too damned busy. It was nice a decade or more ago when I'd travel to the various shops. There were only a few gun shops in MA and I frequented many of them. Now they are ubiquitous and I just can't be bothered. Not sure if that is a causal relationship.

100% serious.

I drove by one day and was thinking of buying an MTM box, so I said f*ck it and stopped.

They asked for my LTC. I left the box at the register and walked away.
Can confirm this as well, absolutely bananaland this is required. Got to the register and was asked for my LTC. All I said was "really?!" Lady immediately flipped on me and was like "I don't make the rules, it told me on the screen I have to ask for it, so that's why I am asking!" Also left them at the counter and told her to have a blessed day... Officially done with that place. I used to love going into Cabela/BPS, but between the last few negative experiences and the constant harassment of them wanting to sign you up for their BS credit card membership (around Christmas I was asked 4 times by 4 different people in about 5 mins), I cringe thinking about going into one now.

Since Jan 1.

Ducrets Sporting Goods. It’s my hometown gun shop. Small selection and nothing really tickled me lately.

A & M Guns in Swanton Vt. Really impressed with this store. Everyone is friendly, everything is out in the open. Nice place.

LL Cote. Closest I’ve got to a big box. Pricey, tourist trap. Still fun to wander around.

The Mill 3x (took a few friends for the first time and got a few "things")
BJ's 4-6x (food and gas)
Cabela's 1x (Did not spend a dime on purpose)

First gun shop I went to when I got my LTC. Tried to sell me an M&P 40 with a magazine disconnect. When I said, why do I want that, he said you don’t and showed me other handguns….LOL
They weren't all that bad once you got to know them, and the certain clerks that were decent.

They weren't the best place around or the friendliest or the cheapest, but I went to places that were worse in that era.

Pond View Sports, Dexter, ME on the 7 on my way to Sebec.

Don and his crew friendly and full of knowledges.

Back
Top Bottom