How many gun clubs are you a member of?

How many gun clubs are you a member of currently?

• One

Votes: 56 51.4%
  • Two

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • Three

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Four

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Five or more- I can't shoot enough!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Still Looking for a Club

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
MRA
Cape Ann

I only keep my MRA becuase of the 200yd range.
if Cape Ann had a longer course id be exclusively there for travelling convenience

Last edited:
one for me, Ames Rifle & Pistol.

Great place so far. Not as pricey as most of the ones i looked into and only an 8 minute ride from my house [smile]

heated outdoor sheds to shoot from too [wink]

How the heck do you people handle multiple clubs?

Chris, as you well know, most members aren't active in running a club.

I am a RO at BR&P and try to attend all membership meetings. That is the extent of my involvement there, except I would occasionally arrange for Chief Glidden to lecture on MA gun laws there and work to get the word out.

At MF&G I volunteered to chair a range finance committee to put ideas on the table how to get the big bucks needed to build an indoor range. I also attempt to attend all membership meetings and an occasional BOD meeting when I need to report on the range fin comm ideas. That's it for me there.

Westford Sportsman's Association
Woburn Sportsman's Association

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm only a 1.5 miles away from Woburn, I would drop that club fast, and leave with my ass hanging out so they could kiss it!

Westford is my favorite club! The facilities, the people, and the atmosphere there makes it a truly wonderful club. Plus, the fact that you can shoot your guns, shoot your bows, go fishing, AND hunting, actually makes it a REAL "Sportsman's" club!

Three

Reading Rifle&Revolver
Mass. Rifle Assc.
Cape Ann

Three different clubs for three different reasons.

Reading has outdoor ranges out to 600yds for highpower shooting.
MRA has an indoor range where you can shoot jacketed ammo up to .50cal.
Cape Ann has a nice outdoor range for casual shooting out to 100yds.

Each club offers what the others don't.

Three different clubs for three different reasons.

Each club offers what the others don't.

Great point:

Harvard because it's loaded with action shooting stuff and I'm active with IDPA there.

Andover Sportmen's Club- close and good indoor range- 24/7

MRA- Not so sure... was a good back up for ASC but I don't go much.

I'm not very involved at the clubs I go to but I show up on workdays and try to leave the place a little cleaner than I used it each time I'm there.

Each club I belong to has a unique feature.

One club has a great plinking range with an indoor range for the winter.
The other range has a couple of stocked ponds where I can take my son fishing. They also have a good amount of land for hunting.

Two Clubs and the reason for each , besides a great group of members .
Fin Fur and Feather in Millis
50 Ft. Indoor Heated Range
75 Ft. Outdoor Range ( that allows plinking , @ can's and plastic bottles )
Club Rep. to Norfolk County League of Sportsmen

Medfield Sportsmen's Club
100 yd. Rifle Range
Club Rep. to Norfolk County League of Sportsmen

Norfolk County League of Sportsmen
Board of Directors
Delegate to the Mass. Sportsmen's Council

Mass. Sportsmen Council

1 for the moment, Winchendon Rod & Gun. It is <1 mile from my house and the price is right. The 100 yd shooting stations are in good shape but the rest of the range facilities leave something to be desired.

I'm interested to see if I can find a place to shoot at lunchtime near my office. I work at Hanscom AFB in Concord/Lexington/Bedford MA. Suggestions?

tried belonging to three clubs at once,got to be to much.
now down to membership at two clubs.
orange gun club in orange ma,cant remember the street name, off exit 14 on rt2,river street i think.
leyden rifle club in the boonies of leyden ma.nice range,the army national guard once used it for annual qualfications so they have true military butt style targets in working condition.

Jeeze, I teach, am on the Board of Directors, Assist with the IDPA (used to be sole lead of that program) attend work details, and once in a while go shooting.

How the heck do you people handle multiple clubs?

being active a winchendon r&g means drinking heavily at the bar... [thinking]

I presently belong to 5 clubs.

Smith & Wesson range

Springfield revolver club ( oldest revolver club in the nation, since 1886 )

Chicopee sportsman's club

Kennebunk rod & gun club ( in Maine )

North Berwick rod & gun club ( Maine )

I used to be a member of the Sandisfield Rod & Gun Club from 1977-1986. In reality there wasn't really anything to it...they had a fishing derby in May and a turkey shoot in Oct/Nov. It ended in the late 80's when the treasurer ran off with another club officer. Ah, scandal ;) I did belong to a club down this way, but the Sons of the Confederate (who also are members of the club) didn't take to me being a "yankee" which made me ineligible for their sooper sekret meetin's.

Back
Top Bottom