• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many AR mags for SHTF?

Man you people are that insecure??!! Is that why you need to carry a gun??!

Geez, The guy was joking when he replied with the ninja. I was joking back with Lee Marvin. Apparently your little whinner can't handle the fact that someone is with a survivist group when the SHTF. You bag not my problem.[wink]

maybe the dead actor is the guy who needs the second secondary. [laugh]

considering his group of friends on a food mission suck so much he needs to carry four guns. [rofl]

I have 4 30 round mags for my AR. That's enough ammunition to take out at least 2 bus loads of Zombies. You should be thinking about "How much should/Can I carry?" When the SHTF. I figure the following.

1. Main Side arm. My Kimber 1911 with 5 fully loaded clips

2. Secondary Side arm. My S&W 6906 with 3 fully loaded clips

3. Mossberg 12 Gauge wrapped around my shoulder via a harness. 2 Boxes of buck shot in my napsack with 1 box of slugs.

4. Holding at the ready. My Bushmaster AR15. 3 mags in my napsack.

Wife's backpack, Additional ammo for my weapons plus on her carry is a Para Hawg 9. Her Job, stay low and reload for me. Also to cover my six.

Wut????

reload.jpg

indeed... all the ammunition in the world isnt gonna be very usefull for lack of a .50cent shot of penicilin
Of course having meds doesn't help if you don't realize that penicilin is useless for most people (assuming they don't react negatively to it, and/or like some antibiotics it becomes nasty stuff when it goes bad, it is ineffective against many/most infections these days because of over use)...

One of the many fine examples of how you aren't likely going to survive if your approach is "I have everything I need right here".

If the S ever really does HTF, "armies of one" won't last very long... You need multiple people's knowledge, specialization and tactical assistance to survive for any amount of time...

Of course having meds doesn't help if you don't realize that penicilin is useless for most people (assuming they don't react negatively to it, and/or like some antibiotics it becomes nasty stuff when it goes bad, it is ineffective against many/most infections these days because of over use)...

One of the many fine examples of how you aren't likely going to survive if your approach is "I have everything I need right here".

If the S ever really does HTF, "armies of one" won't last very long... You need multiple people's knowledge, specialization and tactical assistance to survive for any amount of time...

yah i know, just used that as an example... not sure how many people have stockpiled broad range antibitoics and such (not even sure the shelf life really)

I tend to disagree. Penicillin and its derivatives are still very viable drugs against many infections. They're not the silver bullet they once were, but to say that they're useless for most people is simply dead wrong.

If SHTF, some of the most prepared will be among the first to die because they thought of everything BUT ....

Some of the least prepared will survive because thats just the way it is.

In the group in the middle, there will some that took basic precautions and some that were pretty comprehensive but did not move into a bunker and drive a HMMV to work, eating MRE for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a chaser of radiation sickness pills.

The people right in the MIDDLE, which is where I suspect most of the active folk on NES are, have some plans, fallback plans, basic supplies and thoughts on how to acquire more if needed. But they live in normal(ish) homes, have regular jobs, probably drive an SUV and shoot semi-regularly.

Again, some of them will make it and some of them won't.

The point is, if you live your life for the end of the world, (1) there is a decent chance it won't happen, (2) in the meantime you will be existing, not living, and (3) if/when it DOES, your chances may be better than average but some jackass that stole a .38 revolver from a corpse might still pop out of that corner and take all your stuff.

(ETA: Unless you have a BruceLee-cicle thawing in your basement!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom