How long should i wait before giving a negative rating on itrader?

Ordered something on the classifieds. Paid via paypal and was gonna have shipped. This was 7 days ago and its coming from mass to my mass address. This person has a 100% rating but i havent received the item and also havent received a response when i asked (24 hours ago) if the package was shipped. Should i give it more time? Im also worried if i dispute it on paypal theyll lock my account for a firearms related purchase.

Any suggestions?

I would give it another 24 in anticipation of a return call or message from the seller.
Really depends on what was discussed and if the seller has really not lived unto their end of the deal. As of right now you obviously have a case.

I sell a bit of stuff here and consider it my absolute obligation to stay in communication with the purchaser. Not checking for PM's is, in my mind, akin to a Trapper not checking his trap lines. When my Dad died last November, I still made it a point to check for PM's and honor my obligations. Give the guy another shot, then out him.

Most I have dealt with here will get back to you in 24hrs, but lets face it that stuff happens. I would give them some more time to respond.

Thanks for the responses... Ill wait it out another day... I hate to give negative ratings and this is the first issue ive had after 2 years and many transactions. Who knows. Maybe theres some sort of serious problem they seller ran into.

Check and see if they've been online? It may be they haven't seen the pm yet or had a chance to reply

I'd neg rep that person. 7 days for Mass to Mass shipping and the package still hasn't arrived is BS. Not to mention the no communication indicating shipping is on the way or there was a delay is not good customer service. Reputation is just that, your reputation to keep up your end of the bargain. To me if you're a seller you have one, maybe two days to ship once payment is received. Unless there's a family emergency, there's no reason for that other then laziness.

To me getting a negative review is a warning to others that this happened to you and a lesson to the seller that they "F'ed" up and need to do better with their obligations. If I was a potential buyer from this person I'd appreciate the truth about a seller, both positive and negative.

I would be more pissed about the no communications than anything. I have seen the PO do some stupid stuff. My guess is the seller didn't ship it for a while if at all. Even instate I have seen 3 day shipping times.
Personally I would leave negative feedback.

I agree. I buy and sell a fair amount of stuff and I always check my PMs and reply as soon as possible. I sold some ammunition over the weekend which generated a lot of PMs in a short period of time. I replied to everyone who PMed me to let them know the status of the deal. I even PMed a guy to let him know that he would get the first crack at the ammo if the original buyer backed out.

If you are going to sell here, it's your obligation to keep the buyer informed.

I sell a bit of stuff here and consider it my absolute obligation to stay in communication with the purchaser. Not checking for PM's is, in my mind, akin to a Trapper not checking his trap lines. When my Dad died last November, I still made it a point to check for PM's and honor my obligations. Give the guy another shot, then out him.

Don't neg or neutral until you got your product or your money back then make a decision. If you neg now before getting your money back they might go FR on you.

-Mike

Just the other day I had a woman file an Ebay complaint for non payment 36 hours after auction close. 24 of them were on a Sunday.

You folks need to chill the F*** out...

Demand product or refund, if no answer out him for public ridicule and if nothing them have him banned!!! Let the tar and feathering begin! [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

Just the other day I had a woman file an Ebay complaint for non payment 36 hours after auction close. 24 of them were on a Sunday.

You folks need to chill the F*** out...

7 days is a whole lot different then 36 hours. Especially when the seller has been on the forum and still not answered the PM.

I once had a situation where the person I had ordered from ended up in the emergency room and the hospital so it was quite some time before they ended up getting back to me but if they have been on the forum I would not be pleased.

I mail checks evry week from central CT to a town in the southern 495 area. It's about 110 miles. Sometimes the checks have taken 3 weeks to arrive, and a "normal" time-span is mailed on Friday and arrive on Thursday . It could be a post office issue

If the person has a 100% rating along with a good number of ratings, I would tend to wait a bit before taking any action. And as someone (drgrant?) suggested, wait until you have a resolution so that you don't look bad if their kid was deathly sick or some major event like that.

Although being online since you sent them a message does sound suspicious.

Don't neg or neutral until you got your product or your money back then make a decision. If you neg now before getting your money back they might go FR on you.

-Mike

i totally agree with this.
i recently had an issue like this, i paid for something jan 17th, was told it would ship out in 2 weeks, and after being told 3 times "oh sorry, i'll send it tomorrow", i finally received it a week ago. if i could neg rep the guy i would, he was a nightmare to deal with, but unfortunately he's the only person who sells this thing.
i purposely did not out him before getting the item, in case he wanted to be spiteful about it. you never know.

This person couldn't have been a Green member, correct ?

You should only deal with paid members...you can trust them more better.

This person is a green member. I believe u have to be in order to post in the classifieds

Winter?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

If he's been online more than once or twice without responding, that's kind of hinky. I'd expect at least a 'hey, I didn't make it to the post office' or 'I ran out of packing tape' or 'shit I totally forgot about it I'll ship it tomorrow', or an 'it's the USPS' fault! I shipped that shit a week ago!'

Last edited:
I'll bet there are plenty of green members who join just for selling stuff

You missed his dripping sarcasm, apparently. You have to be green to sell anything here, which makes it even more hilarious.

-Mike

The guy could've had a heart attack while online. The paramedics dragged him to the hospital and nobody shut off his computer. Poor bastard checked the little box that says 'keep me logged on'.
-Don't neg rep until you know the neg rep is deserved.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

This person couldn't have been a Green member, correct ?

You should only deal with paid members...you can trust them more better.

The sarcasm runs deep...

1345849589_0.jpg

[wink] White Feather

Back
Top Bottom