• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long is an mg permit valid?

Was wondering if it's the same 6 years as the ltc or different. Couldn't find the info with a search or by calling the FRB. My permit is in the hands of local PD who won't give it out due to covid.

Renewals only on both LTC and MG license.
One of my coworkers in his 60’s has one of those “lifetime” FID cards. I told him awhile ago that the ship sailed on those. Can you guess how many years he’s been a gun owner carrying that card which according to him just the other week, “I can’t find it now”, lol.

One of my coworkers in his 60’s has one of those “lifetime” FID cards. I told him awhile ago that the ship sailed on those. Can you guess how many years he’s been a gun owner carrying that card which according to him just the other week, “I can’t find it now”, lol.

lol, you should show him this blurb from the Medford Police website: Firearms Permits - Medford Police Department

If you have the old version FID Card, (issued prior to 1998) it is expired, despite the fact it says on it that it never expires. There is no exception for the possession of any firearms, rifles or shotguns under an expired FID card. Do not carry or transport any arms out of your home under any circumstances. We would advise you to secure any weapons with a properly licensed friend, relative or dealer until such time as you obtain the proper permit.

Back
Top Bottom