• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long for CT non-resident permit?

Am I the only person who's having issues filling out this application?

Are we supposed to fill out that small cardboard card? There is a section "Local Permit From:" (Name of City/Town of Borough.......Date of Permit)
Are we supposed to fill out our home-state permit info on the photo form?

Underwhere, I do not know where you are status-wise with your non-res CT app process, but I recall a few things if it is not too late to help...

The local permit info you leave blank, because only residents of CT must get a "local permit" before applying for the state permit. The "Operator license" bit would be your driver license info.

For the "Permit ID number" I put the MA license number, and filled in the "valid from:through dates".

When I received my packet and saw the various apps and got confused, I called up the CT DPS and got a nice lady on the phone who told me what to put where on these crazy forms. IIRC, that was the info she gave me. In any case, it worked and I got the non-res permit rather quickly...3-4 weeks. If in doubt, just call them and ask.

Hope that helps.

And that post was apparently good luck. Received today :) under 8 wks.

That seems to be where they're at... got mine as well. I called to make sure they had everything they needed (just left VM) and got it immediately after I called.

Back
Top Bottom