How long do your delays usually take until proceed?

How long does it take your Delay status to switch to Proceed

• Same day

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • One Day

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Two Days

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Three Days

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Have to wait out the duration / Never get a call for Proceed

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
I recently started getting a Delay status on all of my firearms purchases for whatever reason. I just wanted to start a poll to see typically how long everyone else in my position seems to have to wait before they receive a Proceed status and can pick up their firearm.

When I get delayed, it is always three days. They never call me back earlier than that.

I had a streak of 5-6 purchases that all got delayed, but I have been good for the last several.

I've never had a delay, but my son gets delayed every time. The delay seems to be shorter each time, but there is still a delay. His FFL will proceed after three days if there is no answer. He's considering applying for a UPIN anyway because it's a pain in the nuts.

The official NICS stance is that "If you (ffl) do not receive from us within the next 3 business days, the Brady law does not prohibit you from transferring this firearm". Depending on the shop, they may not sell until they actually DO receive a call or a proceed. Walmart does this.

I've made 8 purchases at FFLs. Everything else has been private sale or a C&R purchase.
This is how mine have gone:
1: instant proceed
2: instant proceed
3: instant proceed
4: delayed, got a call 4 hours later, proceed
5: instant proceed
6: minor delay over the phone, proceed 30 mins later
7: delayed 1 Business Day
8: delayed, pending. Purchased this past Saturday 6/8

There's no consistency to it. But some dingleberry with the same or similar name is starting to piss me off.

I've made 8 purchases at FFLs. Everything else has been private sale or a C&R purchase.
This is how mine have gone:
1: instant proceed
2: instant proceed
3: instant proceed
4: delayed, got a call 4 hours later, proceed
5: instant proceed
6: minor delay over the phone, proceed 30 mins later
7: delayed 1 Business Day
8: delayed, pending. Purchased this past Saturday 6/8

There's no consistency to it. But some dingleberry with the same or similar name is starting to piss me off.

That bites, I read about some lady who travels to Canada often to visit family and everytime at customs she gets puled over strip searched all because she has the same name as some scum bag in another state farther down south and that person is a male. All this in the age of technology?

That being said I have yet to get a delay but I have not purchased allot of guns recently.

I recently started getting a Delay status on all of my firearms purchases for whatever reason. I just wanted to start a poll to see typically how long everyone else in my position seems to have to wait before they receive a Proceed status and can pick up their firearm.

Try getting a UPIN, I believe that may help you

A fellow member of my sportsmens' club had that problem. There would be a delay and then no response and the gun shop's management would refuse the sale. Happened again and again and finally he had enough of the hassle.He went on vacation down south with his wife and attended several gun shows. Plenty of guys (and girls!) were selling guns out of the trunks of their cars and vans. He brought a large envelope of cash with him and got some excellent deals. Some of these guns were brand-new, in box! He couldn't believe his luck. He told me that he will not need to buy firearms for a long time, if ever, because he got all that he needed while on vacation.

It's looking like I'm going to have to wait out the 3 days this time. I bought it on Saturday, still no call. This is lame. Can I bill the FBI for a tank of gas?

I went and picked up my LCR today that i bought Saturday at Four Seasons. I asked if the NICS ever calls them back and they told me that they usually don't with the Computer system, which FS uses. This is the first place i've bought a firearm that they didn't call back. I guess that is the reason. So just a little info to people who get delayed, if you get delayed at a place that uses the computer NICS check instead of the over the phone method, expect to wait out the entire 3 Business days.

Back
Top Bottom