• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Yep, Patriot Arms is still there. Or at least it was the last time I drove by...which was about 2 hours ago.
Thanks, glad to hear it. I drove through the lot a couple of weeks ago and could not tell is anyone was there, or not. The dark tint on the windows may not be the best thing for a retail store front. Nonetheless, there's probably a reason why they have it in place.

Hey All, Brand new here ( as of 10 minutes ago)

Westborough,

Today is day 40, called the hotline last week and was told its with the "FRB for review" so no idea how long it will be still.
Will just have to shut up and wait i guess.

Hey All, Brand new here ( as of 10 minutes ago)

Westborough,

Today is day 40, called the hotline last week and was told its with the "FRB for review" so no idea how long it will be still.
Will just have to shut up and wait i guess.
Hi @NewKid
Someplace in this thread is a phone number to call and check status with the FRB, don't be surprised when what they tell you differs from what the local PD says when it comes to who's hands it's in. It's not unusual for the local PD to sit on them for a while. Not much you can do but wait unless it goes out a really long time, like 6 or 8 months, then you could make some calls. Just remember that they hold all the cards as to whether you get one or not and what if any restrictions it may have.
Good luck.

THanks @42! , Yeah, not in a massive rush, so dont mind a wait, especially with the shortages ive seen in regards to ammo and firearms so not like i can go pick something up anyway. so it is what it is. Appreciate the good luck. think we will all need it to get through the rest of 2020
Stay safe out there

Newton, MA
In April I was told by PD not until 2021, then received call for application and fingerprinting in August, went in end of September for fingerprinting, received call 9 days later saying I'm approved with mandatory target/hunting restriction, picked up card 11/9. Picking up my two pieces tomorrow and I'm ready to bust a f&#%ing nut!

@Bakerthegreat Its pretty easy process.
Fill in the application form on the town's website, make sure you have your safety certificate as well, i went through Mass Firearms in Holliston,its about a 3 or 4 hour course.
once you have the form and the certificte call the PD and ask for the Licensing Officer ( LO) ,tell the LO that you want to apply for your LTC, they will tell you they only do appointments for the LTC like 3 days a week from like 9 to noon or something. Pick a date, show up, present the form,certificate, money order/ check for $100 made out to the Town of Westborough, also make sure you have ID ( i took my passport which they made copies of, so take it just in case) then they will take you to a back room and you will be fingerprinted and then they will tell you it will take a couple of months and will let you know by mail.
and that was it for me.

update: Applied for my and my wife's LTC in Westborough on 9/30. Her LTC was delivered by mail yesterday ( in hand) mine however is still nowhere to be found. PD said at least another 2 weeks,but who actually knows how long it will take, which i find strange as we applied the same time

Someone, please start a new thread like this one but for CT none resident. I'm curious about how long it takes for people. This thread is great for what it been made so one for CT none resident should be interesting to see. 👍🏼

Sup folks, brand new here!
anyone have any experience with LTC application in LYNN, MA?
Easy peasy, usually appointments are scheduled a few months out. The actual appt. takes about 15 mins, fingerprinting, photo etc. The woman who handles the processing is very friendly. Lynn is like a lot of green towns and only issues unrestricted.

Easy peasy, usually appointments are scheduled a few months out. The actual appt. takes about 15 mins, fingerprinting, photo etc. The woman who handles the processing is very friendly. Lynn is like a lot of green towns and only issues unrestricted.
thanks for the reply man. Yeah Cheryl is who you are speaking of I assume. I mailed in the packets and she emailed me super fast to confirm she got them and quickly stated it would be a few months wait. Sucks but I can be patient for unrestricted.

My son was home on leave over Christmas, he applied for Ltc last week of 2020, he got the call it was ready and I picked up and mailed it to him last tuesday.

Weymouth, MA October Application picked up just before Christmas. Total days: 62

Though I called for the appointment to apply in late July and had to wait till late October...So add 4 months...

Unrestricted LTA-A first time gun owner

Last edited:
I called the status hotline and have been approved for an LTC. Does anybody know what I'm looking at in terms of a timeline from approval from The FED to license in-hand? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom