How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Does anyone know what the process Is for the FRB in ma. In regards to approving new and renewal LTC. Is it them that verified the references you put down? Or do they just verify the background and create the pin and print the local. Just curious
Go to my training sub-forum and look for the sticky on the process as verified by the FRB Director.

Waltham renewal - final update:

1/18/19 - Dropped paperwork (about 2 months before expiration)
2/01/19 - Appointment with licensing officer
3/14/19 - Called hotline to check status. Approved, pending activation
3/26/19 - Called hotline to check status. Still pending activation
4/4/19 - Pending printing
4/11/19 - Activated, pending delivery to local PD
4/16/19 - Local PD called, LTC ready to pick up.

75 days from interview.

12 weeks from application to LTC in the mailbox. I sent email at 11 weeks to the police Dept and they said they mailed it out yesterday but took another week to get it. Unrestricted so really can’t complain. This is in Concord Ma, just about fully green town.

-Chris

I wonder if people here might take a minute to share their LTC application experiences with GOAL per their request by answering the questions in a clearly formatted email.

-- Shared from: GOAL Friday News (5/3/2019)

Are You Experiencing LTC/FID Delays? We need documentation, you can help!
89b2910b-5da1-436f-b22f-879fe8ef6fdc.jpg

If you are experiencing a delay in getting an LTC or FID issued or renewed, we would like to hear from you!

GOAL would like to show direct written evidence to the Massachusetts legislature regarding the current volume of licensing delays.

If you have experienced a delay in getting a new, or renewed LTC or FID please send us an email with info! Please copy/paste the info below into your email to us, then fill it out, this way we have uniform information.

Name:
City/Town issuing license:
Type of license (LTC or FID):
Was this a renewal or a new license?:
Did you have to make an appointment to apply? (yes/no):
If yes, how long did you have to wait to apply?
If yes, and you are still waiting to apply, how long have you been waiting?:
If you were issued license, how long did you have to wait to receive it?:
If you are waiting for license, how long have you been waiting?:

email replies to [email protected]

P.S.> New folks consider joining GOAL and supporting their work. :emoji_tiger:

North Andover renewal: March 13th - Dropped off paperwork, check for $100.00 and sat down with the gun license officer. May 8th: Picked up new LTC and PIN paperwork - less than 2 months. Officer Beirne (gun license officer) was a great guy to deal with BTW. I had a restricted LTC for the first 4 months on my first LTC then wrote a letter asking for the restrictions to be removed. I was reissued an unrestricted LTC and have been ever since. My wife requested and was reissued an unrestricted LTC after her first year or so. I think NA is getting greener.

Last edited:
Newton, 11 weeks and got the "standard" target and hunting restriction. They said I to wait a year and write the chief a letter to remove the restriction.

Applied 3/26/2019
Approved 4/29/2019
Received 5/13/2019

My son turned 21 in May has an FID card went for his LTC-A interview on June 14th, in Saugus. The officer in charge of firearms in Saugus just called him at 13:00 on Sunday July 14th to tell him he can come pick it up at the station. One month is unreal, I didn't think anything in state government worked that fast.

My son turned 21 in May has an FID card went for his LTC-A interview on June 14th, in Saugus. The officer in charge of firearms in Saugus just called him at 13:00 on Sunday July 14th to tell him he can come pick it up at the station. One month is unreal, I didn't think anything in state government worked that fast.

That's insanely fast for MA. It seems like the bottleneck is the local PD. Everyone I have spoken to about it (not just anecdotal stories), leads me to believe that. NBPD sat on mine for almost a month before it got to the state and the state turned it around in about 2 1/2 weeks. NBPD did get it out to me in the mail pretty quickly once they had it, though. It's almost like they do everything in batches and if your application came in two or three weeks before they plan on processing a batch, the longer you're going to wait. I guess it's all about allocation of resources.

Had my renewal appointment on 5/21 and got the call yesterday 7/15 that it was ready to pick up.

It seems like each year I go to renew I have been told to expect delays. Now is that due to the amount of people that happen to be renewing on this cycle or is our government just terrible at their job per usual?

Had my renewal appointment on 5/21 and got the call yesterday 7/15 that it was ready to pick up.

It seems like each year I go to renew I have been told to expect delays. Now is that due to the amount of people that happen to be renewing on this cycle or is our government just terrible at their job per usual?
Seems to be the town playing games and probably sending in renewals in batches.
Several towns (mine included) are turning them around in 30 days.

Framingham seems to be doing a good job. Just over 5 weeks on a renewal.

Was my first time in Framingham renewing since moving here a few years ago.

Dropped paperwork on Monday 6/3/19, and at that time the clerk gave me appointment for the following weeks Thursday 6/13 (or any later Thursday) to come back for prints/photo,
and gave me a receipt for my application. She explained about that receipt being sufficient in the event the license not processed in time.
I mentioned I should have come earlier since I expire end of July, but she noted they don't really want to do more than 60 days in advance anyway.
They only do the prints/photo on Thursdays, first come first serve, so returned and did the prints/photo on 6/13.
I noticed the paperwork already had a new license number on it. Got a voice message on 7/10 that the license was ready to pickup.

Still have to get over there and pickup.

Back
Top Bottom