• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Word of advice to those of you anxiously waiting on your licenses. Find something else to do to get your mind off it, because it's going to take awhile.. Sorry but that's how it is ‍♂️

Word of advice to those of you anxiously waiting on your licenses. Find something else to do to get your mind off it, because it's going to take awhile.. Sorry but that's how it is ‍♂️

True. This is much easier for those of us that get a renewal application submitted on time than it is for a first time applicant. Some need an LTC to apply for certain jobs. We see both in this thread.

UPDATE: New bedford, 10 weeks to the day for it to arrive. (application date to go to the PD was roughly 3 months)Said it was approved on 2-22. arrived 3-8. LTC class A, unrestricted. So about a 6 month turn around time start to finish.

Waltham - Renewal

1/18/19 - Dropped paperwork (about 2 months before expiration)
2/01/19 - Appointment with licensing officer
3/14/19 - Called hotline to check status. Approved, pending activation
3/26/19 - Called hotline to check status. Still pending activation

Probably $1-2K, for what you can do for free by contacting your state rep . . . seriously, some have done this (only after chief, then selectmen/mayor didn't work) and it does indeed work.

I contacted a lawyer infamous former member here........$4k to start. The caveat is if you haven't received a denial by now you are approved and if you spend the money on an attorney they will see it gets issued before the court date and then move for dismissal. You paid big bucks for what was slowly on the way.

Len-2A is serious and correct. I took his advice as mentioned many times in this thread and I had action in a couple of days. One email to a councilwoman on the Public Safety Committee admonishing the council for under funding the PD. Instant action.

Did you read through this thread?

My daughter's boyfriend is on week 17. You have to wonder with all the batsh*t crazy anti gun talk and proposed legislation, that people are running out to get a LTC and a gun. Maybe all the applications are just gumming up the system. If that is the case, then I love it.

My wife applied 12/27/18, she still doesn't have hers. They warned her that it would probably take extra time because of an issue with her fingerprints barely showing up, but 4 months seems excessive.

This is in Bellingham where I received mine in under 6 weeks.

My wife applied 12/27/18, she still doesn't have hers. They warned her that it would probably take extra time because of an issue with her fingerprints barely showing up, but 4 months seems excessive.

This is in Bellingham where I received mine in under 6 weeks.

This happened to me on my initial and renewal. Yes, they made me give prints on my renewal. Waiting since January on renewal. It expires in 2 weeks.

Different town.

Palmer LTC renewal. Submitted back on 12/6, finally got it 3/26. Took calling the state's telephone status line for about 2 months and keep getting told that it was waiting final activation by the FRB and to call back in another 2 weeks. I finally pissed and then called my state senator's and my state rep's offices because my renewal before this was about less than a month and I had it. Took about 8 days after calling that I got the call that my LTC was ready to be picked up.

Does anyone know much about the interim chief in Ashland?

Ashland taps Alfano as interim police chief
I've met him. He has taken my Mass Gun Law Seminar (it was in a group sponsored by a Central Mass gun club) and chatted with him at one of Glidden's seminars. My impression of him is a good one, but that is all that I know about him.

I just asked him what the status of my app was, because at the point of the email it was already around 6 weeks and my application was still on the background check and he said the total process was going to be 8 weeks.
Thanks for the tip . Emailed on 3/28 got sent to FRB on 3/29 almost to the finish line.

Wifey renewed in Jan still don’t have it... I just recently renewed and the lady that processes the paperwork is very friendly. This is in Agawam. I was in and out in about 10 min. I think the state system is jammed up for some reason.

Does anyone know what the process Is for the FRB in ma. In regards to approving new and renewal LTC. Is it them that verified the references you put down? Or do they just verify the background and create the pin and print the local. Just curious

Back
Top Bottom