How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Interviewed in Wilmington on April 4th, call the hotline to check, said they were mass printing all on May 25th. Don't know how long WPD will hold it before they call me.

That is good to know, I was planning on calling by the end of the month to check status.

DB77, thank you for that info. While I'm non-resident applicant, the 25th works out precisely to be 10 weeks from the day I had my FRB interview and in which I was told "8 - 10 weeks." So..... hopefully, my ALP Class A will be in that group. I'll call on Monday to see if I can learn anything and post here.

I replied in the Boston thread but the info might be good here as well:

Renewal in Boston from a green town on the redline south of Boston.

• 1st week in Feb, called for a renewal appt.
  • Week of 20 March- Interview
    • Licensing officer was very professional and personable.
    • I wrote down something on the lines of: I wish to continue to carry unrestricted within the commonwealth as I have for the past x years.
  • Refresher live fire the weekend before at Boston Firearms
    • Recommend it if you haven't shot a revolver in a whole. Was good to do a practice shoot to get the cobwebs out.
  • Week of 27th of March - Moon Island (COLD that morning)
    • Range officer was professional and a little funny. After the qual, he noted that after the first shot, he was mainly looking for safety on the line. Yes, he needs to count the scores but looking at safely handling of firearms during the exercise.
  • Week of 18 May - LTC-A mailed to the condo
    • Restrictions: None. I am not a Dr, Atty, or other "special" person. I am a veteran but I think the fact that I have a squeaky clean background and safe carrying history within the Commonwealth may have something to do with not getting downgraded?

I'm one of those out of state folks, so got it via USPS, with Mass State Police listed as "town". I can now carry on with visiting family in western MA and conducting business on the Cape. Pain in the butt to have to renew every year, but, it is what it is, I reckon. I gotta say that the interview process was as professional as it could be. We here in Philly have to undergo an interview as well for renewal and word on the street is that the Detectives from PPD who do it are also very professional.

got it via USPS, with Mass State Police listed as "town".

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you got what you came for. It is a bizzare process, I wish that the citizens of Massachusetts had an advocate in the matter of firearms, ammunition and such. As it were, the state government seems to exert every opportunity to inhibit or impair what used to be ordinary processes.

Just imagine if it took 70+ days to get a sales tax license or driver's license, license plates for a boat or auto!

Tally Whagger, thank you for your reply and also for those of you who upvoted my post. FWIW, it truly saddens me that we have to undergo the kind of scrutiny we do in order in MA to exercise a Constitutional, no never mind, a God-given, Right. I feel especially sad for those of us who have undergone criminal confrontation, and who, but for the presence of a legally carried firearm, would not be commenting. Or, those of us who experienced LE response to attempted armed robberies went disregarded.

This is not FRB's fault, not at all. I couldn't have been more pleased with those folks, even with the screw up on the need for an interview. Professionals, one and all. It is just not fair for those of us who are "law-abiding" to be secondarily victimized. In any case, life is not fair, it just is what it is. Anyway, Rant off,

Update, WPD call on 5/22 and picked up LTC that day, 48 days from interview to license in hand.

Its so weird to me that wait times vary from town to town/city...ive literally heard anywhere from 4 weeks to 10 months. Complete bullshit, its our American right no..??? Lol

Its so weird to me that wait times vary from town to town/city...ive literally heard anywhere from 4 weeks to 10 months. Complete bullshit, its our American right no..??? Lol
Such may be the vagaries of subjective vs objective processes. Seventy five days and counting, here. Last I heard from DCJIS was that the license had been activated.

What does "activated" mean? I still can't purchase a block of .22s, let alone a Ruger to launch them with. I had a ranch in Arkansas, very remote, with a couple of stock ponds. It was great fun to shoot the mud daubers as they dropped in to make mud. The 10/22 is a veritable tack drive with factory supplied iron sights. The Ruger was a gift from me to the ex and she kept it in the divorce. Bless her Prozac-stifled soul, there was a time when she was a good shot.

As it were, Trump had "promised" to standardize some of the vagaries between various states in respect of CCW. It was not within the purview for him to do such a thing so lots of folks felt a bit betrayed when nothing changed. I am generally an advocate of State's Rights v federal imposition or mandate so, dissatisfying as it may be, there are burdens that come with being in different cultures.

Healy is just about as awful as they come but then you have Cuomo in NY or that beyond despicable District Attorney bastard from Milwaukee, WI, John T. Chisholm. Haha, lest I digress, happy to hear that you're in high cotton.

That 10/22 must have been quite accurate to be able to hit mud wasps. I don't think I could hit one without a scope! How close were they?

<return to topic>
There were a lot of them and they actually hover on the water to gather water for making mud. They are pretty good size, more than an inch long, about the size of a quarter. Distance ranged from 15 to 35 or 40 feet. It helps to know that there is nothing or anyone down range when you do that sort of shooting. The pine plantation was more than 5,000 acres and the nearest store was 23 miles away. Very rural but the mailman delivered as did FedX and UPS. The snake population was enormous, mainly copperheads, ground rattlers, water moccasins and the run of mill good snakes.

Lanesboro MA Renewal @ Station - Feb 20th - Phone call to pick up June 1st.
Wow, only 102 days! See if you can find out from DCJIS when they mailed it to the LO.

Having called the local official in charge of firearm related matters on Wednesday and leaving a message, with no follow up, I called DCJIS today to see if they had any news and they said that they mailed my permit/license or whatever it is called to the LO on May 15, 2018. I stopped by the LO early this afternoon to see if anyone could try and track it down. It was not to be found.

Dang it to hell, Four Seasons has a couple of weekend deals I had hoped to work. It ain't gonna happen. Check's in mail, small town, can't dance, to wet to plow, i won't cum in your mouth and, now, the mailman done it!

Guess I have nothing to bitch about, compared with your 102 days, its only been 82 days, so far, on my end. Hell, Army Basic Training only takes 10 weeks, in other places. Imagine if they held Basic Training in Massachusetts?

Guess I have nothing to bitch about, compared with your 102 days, its only been 82 days, so far, on my end. Hell, Army Basic Training only takes 10 weeks, in other places. Imagine if they held Basic Training in Massachusetts?
Buddy of mine took special forces training back in the late 60s. He said the whole class was looking forward to the det cord section, but the layers of "Pick it up in your left hand. I said your left hand. OK, let's all tell Jones which hand is his left" took all the joy out of it. His opinion was that if the Army was in charge of teaching people to have sex, ours would be the last generation on Earth.

Buddy of mine took special forces training back in the late 60s. He said the whole class was looking forward to the det cord section, but the layers of "Pick it up in your left hand. I said your left hand. OK, let's all tell Jones which hand is his left" took all the joy out of it. His opinion was that if the Army was in charge of teaching people to have sex, ours would be the last generation on Earth.
Haha, well yeah, there are some fellas who just have a tough time distinguishing their left or right from their military left or military right. Particulalry in close order drill. OTOH, the charming and folksy little marching songs,, cadences and ditties are worth the weeks of training. One of my favorites was the story of the yellow bird!

Haha, well yeah, there are some fellas who just have a tough time distinguishing their left or right from their military left or military right. Particulalry in close order drill. OTOH, the charming and folksy little marching songs, cadences and ditties are worth the weeks of training. One of my favorites was the story of the yellow bird!

Last edited:
Last go round in 2013, Douglas, MA... May 21st to August 9th (and I had to call on the 8th)

2013 post----> How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

New Chief recently (the LT that was the LO)

Went to drop off 2018 app April 30th and make an appointment... "wait a second, I'll see if there is someone here that can take your photo"... (me, puzzled...). Chief took me right away, on the spot... picked up new LTCA yesterday.

43 days including weekends and holidays. I'm almost off balance, somehow, lol. Feels like something is wrong [banana]

Last edited:
Last go round in 2013, Douglas, MA... May 21st to August 9th (and I had to call on the 8th)

2013 post----> How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

New Chief recently (the LT that was the LO)

Went to drop off 2018 app April 30th and make an appointment... "wait a second, I'll see if there is someone here that can take your photo"... (me, puzzled...). Chief took me right away, on the spot... picked up new LTCA yesterday.

43 days including weekends and holidays. I'm almost off balance, somehow, lol. Feels like something is wrong [banana]
Good deal! When you factor in mailing time it sounds like you actually came in around 40 days. Even Noah wasn't seeing the ground after 40 days :)
Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom