How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Processing seems to take forever. My latest renewal took almost 5 months and I didn't really believe my chief when he told me to "get my application in now" at 6 months prior to expiration.

Ouch. Is there such a thing as getting it in too early? Do they always post-date renewals to be on the expiration date of your old one even if that's not for months?

I thought I'd seen something in the law about this but I just had a pretty long look and didn't find anything relevant. (I mostly suspect it's up to your department to type in whatever they want.)

Ouch. Is there such a thing as getting it in too early? Do they always post-date renewals to be on the expiration date of your old one even if that's not for months?

I thought I'd seen something in the law about this but I just had a pretty long look and didn't find anything relevant. (I mostly suspect it's up to your department to type in whatever they want.)

Michaela told me that they will process them 6 months early at FRB. The computer system (MIRCS) will not allow 2 valid LTCs at the same time, so yes it is always issued to take effect on the date of your birth when the old one expires.

One time I was lucky enough to get my renewal 3 months prior to expiration. It sat in my safe until my birthday. I don't see any issue with that.

Class A Large Capacity LTC, unrestricted.
Franklin, MA
Meeting was May 16th.
I received it the mail June 24th.

This was a renewal, not a new license issued.

I dropped off my app 2/23/17, and when i checked in at my local p.d last week they said "we're waiting on your prints to come back" anyone know how far into the process that is? My department doesnt require an interview. Just getting antsy. I live in falmouth down the cape, and the chief gives unrestricted without fail for eligible people

Update. 19 weeks today, called frb . Been approved and waiting for delivery, or whatever they said. I don't remember because as soon as he didn't say I "it's still in draft" I stopped listening, and started happy dancing

Update, 20 weeks would be tomorrow, and I picked up my class a unrestricted at the pd today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mattapoisett, sent my application on March 10th (3/10/17) for Unrestricted LTC, came back May 15th (5/15/17). They had it since April but didn't give it to me till about 3 weeks later

Foxborough, two months

Class A LTC, Large Capacity
For All Lawful Purposes, Unrestricted

Foxborough, MA
Submitted paperwork on May 25th.
Received it in the mail on July 26th.

This was a renewal for an expired LTC.

North Attleboro, daughter's boyfriend 2 weeks from interview to LTC in hand, no restrictions. Just goes to show what can happen when your local police dept is good!

That is the main # for FRPD. I have called multiple times. I can only speak to 1 person there and he doesnt respond to my emails or calls.
Thank you.

Call for the chief. If no response in a few days, call your mayor/selectmen/town manager, if no response in a few days call your state senator or representative. Those calls get results.

Went for my renewal Friday, The Lt. said they are running about 30 days. While we were talking I mentioned that my wife was waiting for her interview (first license) so he met with her that evening.

I submitted the paperwork in June, still waiting....

I have sent an email to the licensing officer and also the Police Chief, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I submitted the paperwork in June, still waiting....

I have sent an email to the licensing officer and also the Police Chief, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Call the FRB and ask them about it, they can tell you if the PD has submitted it to them. Could also try going to the PD in person to ask about it, slightly tougher to ignore than email.

How long are renewals running these days? I've never been through the renewal process before and my LTC expires in mid-January. How far in advance should I start the process? I live in a "green" town. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom