How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I made a separate post, but renewal in Hudson, ALP, I picked up the paperwork on March 11th, went home, filled it out and returned to the police station with it. They made an appointment for me to come back that same day, just 2 hours later. Got the call on 4/12 that my new LTC was in! From paperwork drop off to LTC pick up was about 4 1/2 weeks and fully a month before my current LTC expires! Awesome! Smoothest transaction yet for me and I've had my LTC for about 20 years.

2 months and my paperwork still hasn't left the PD. Green town too...

Paperwork never leaves the PD. That's not how it is done anymore. It is done electronically, with multiple back and forths on MIRCS. I posted a sticky on how it worked a few years ago, not much has changed.

Poor wording on my part. According to the FRB the PD hasn't approved it yet, which seems odd to me after this long. I've tried to get in touch with the LO but no word yet. Guess I'll just try to be patient...
Your sticky on the process is very informative. Thanks!

Last edited:
I found this interesting... wife new ALP appointment was 3/10 and she received 5/3. Mine was a renewal and the appointment was 3-10 and I'm still waiting...

I found this interesting... wife new ALP appointment was 3/10 and she received 5/3. Mine was a renewal and the appointment was 3-10 and I'm still waiting...

Update.... got mine in the mail after this post on 5/11. Hope this info helps all those that are waiting.

after 5 months EXACTLY i finally got my unrestricted class A LTC.did the paperwork jan 23rd 2017 and received it today may 23rd 2017 located in west springfield MA.just a few days before my birthday too.super excited.

I dropped off my app 2/23/17, and when i checked in at my local p.d last week they said "we're waiting on your prints to come back" anyone know how far into the process that is? My department doesnt require an interview. Just getting antsy. I live in falmouth down the cape, and the chief gives unrestricted without fail for eligible people

Applied on May 4, LEO Interview on April 10, Ready for pick-up today. I'd rather it take 2 months longer and have no restrictions, but 40 days is pretty fast for MA.

Last edited:
I dropped off my app 2/23/17, and when i checked in at my local p.d last week they said "we're waiting on your prints to come back" anyone know how far into the process that is? My department doesnt require an interview. Just getting antsy. I live in falmouth down the cape, and the chief gives unrestricted without fail for eligible people

Because your PD has exceeded the 40 day window to process your application, you've already been [constructively] denied. That's usually not a problem as most times it comes through. However, you only have until July 17th to file an appeal. If you don't have your license then and haven't filed an appeal you're SoL.

BTW - they're bullshitting you about the prints not coming back. They're picking their butts.

Because your PD has exceeded the 40 day window to process your application, you've already been [constructively] denied. That's usually not a problem as most times it comes through. However, you only have until July 17th to file an appeal. If you don't have your license then and haven't filed an appeal you're SoL.

BTW - they're bullshitting you about the prints not coming back. They're picking their butts.

So if i dont file an appeal by then and i dont get it, i cant ever get it? Or i have to start over at square 1?

So if i dont file an appeal by then and i dont get it, i cant ever get it? Or i have to start over at square 1?

Square 1. I've never heard of someone being delayed months and then denied. Denials are usually pretty quick. Processing seems to take forever. My latest renewal took almost 5 months and I didn't really believe my chief when he told me to "get my application in now" at 6 months prior to expiration.

I'd escalate it a bit to move it along, but I wouldn't waste my time and money suing as it won't make any difference in the outcome and just cost you time and money. When you file a lawsuit it isn't heard for months anyway and you'll have your LTC before your day in court. Court fees are non-refundable and the judge will merely dismiss the suit anyway.

Thank you both for your responses! Len, how should i escalate things? Im a pretty cool headed guy and i plan on stopping by the station tomorrow. Tomorrow will be 16 weeks, Which is how long they said the max would be. When i called the FRB yesterday, they said i was still in draft. Just hoping someone knows the "key words" i should use. Im just getting frustrated at this point

Email to the chief is the best next step. If no Email, I would call him and inquire, tell him what FRB told you. If no success, the next step is selectmen/councilmen/town manager/mayor . . . whatever is appropriate for your community. If still no success you should contact your state rep or state sen and ask for their assistance.

I'm certain that you won't have to go beyond the selectmen/town manager/etc. step to get results.

Stay level-headed and polite but be firm.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom