How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Renewal in Woburn.

Called in December. Got an appointment for January 11th received LTC - A Sporting today. I did right letter to Chief and hand delivered before the appoint asking for no restrictions, included all my certifications for training and such but he sent letter back stating we do not do that unless you own a business handle money or fear for your life. I knew this as it is written that way on the web site. I tried but no joy.
**** U Chief. The 2nd does not have any of that shit in it. I really ****ing hate this POS state more and more each day.

Thanks guys.

It is a green town, and I was told it would take 8 weeks so to go to 20 weeks was quite an exercise in patience.

Grats!

Im in Norton as well.

Couple questions if you dont mind answering. Did you get the application from the PD or did u download from .gov site? For reference letters, did you get 2 letters from references or just give them the 2 references with phone number and address? Just trying to prepare in advance and have everything in order.

Andover MA.
legit thought they were gonna deny me.
i sent in my application on 9/28/16.
recieved letter of receipt on 10/2/2016.
i didn't get called until 1/9/2017!
fingerprints etc 1/10/2017.
call for LTC A-unrestricted on 3/2/2017.
essentially 5 months, but all worth it for LTC unrestricted I suppose?
standard application with ALP

Andover MA.
legit thought they were gonna deny me.
i sent in my application on 9/28/16.
recieved letter of receipt on 10/2/2016.
i didn't get called until 1/9/2017!
fingerprints etc 1/10/2017.
call for LTC A-unrestricted on 3/2/2017.
essentially 5 months, but all worth it for LTC unrestricted I suppose?
It's better then 7 months that it took for mine to arrive, but I wasn't really mobile at the time, so it didn't matter then for me - not saying it's right though.

Stupid renewal question as this is my first time:
App is the same, so...do we go in and get interviewed or anything again? or can we just drop the app off with the dispatcher and leave?

Stupid renewal question as this is my first time:
App is the same, so...do we go in and get interviewed or anything again? or can we just drop the app off with the dispatcher and leave?

I think it depends on the town your in. I am up for renewal this year and according to my town police website all I have to do is go into the station and fill out the application.

So, Derek, I started this thread, 8, yes count them 8 years ago. This was the very first thread I ever started on any forum. In fact, NES was the very 1st forum, I ever joined, and felt compelled to give money to, to become a Green member. Yes Derek, you deflowered me, you stole my innocence and voyeurism, and helped me become the keyboard commando we have all come to know and love. So now, almost 6,000 posts on this thread, and it being one of the most useful of threads, for information, education, and bits of delusions of grandeur, I am left with curiosity, in so much.............

When you gonna Sticky this MoFo ??? [smile][rofl]

JK [smile]

So, Derek, I started this thread, 8, yes count them 8 years ago. This was the very first thread I ever started on any forum. In fact, NES was the very 1st forum, I ever joined, and felt compelled to give money to, to become a Green member. Yes Derek, you deflowered me, you stole my innocence and voyeurism, and helped me become the keyboard commando we have all come to know and love. So now, almost 6,000 posts on this thread, and it being one of the most useful of threads, for information, education, and bits of delusions of grandeur, I am left with curiosity, in so much.............

JK [smile]

This thread moves to the top almost daily anyway. [wink]

JK [smile]

I wouldn't be surprised if there were posters from eight years ago still waiting for their LTC.

Had my interview , fingerprints etc dec 12. Told 8 weeks or so. Called place in Chelsea , and was told it was approved March 9th. Then she said I'd get it in 3 weeks from the 9th. So does it go back to town pd for final approval ? Am I all set ?

Had my interview , fingerprints etc dec 12. Told 8 weeks or so. Called place in Chelsea , and was told it was approved March 9th. Then she said I'd get it in 3 weeks from the 9th. So does it go back to town pd for final approval ? Am I all set ?
If it's approved you are good, just need to wait to have it delivered

Class A, no restrictions renewal in Arlington.

12/5/16: Drop off application & schedule interview.
12/14/16: Interview (just new photo & answer questions from admin person)
2/3/17: Call that license was ready

1st time applicant in Norwood for LTC.
Dropped off application on 2/15/17
Interview, fingerprinted and picture taken on 3/8/17
Told State was a little slow, check back in about a month

This renewal info for Franklin is a couple months old because I originally posted it in the "Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts Town" sticky thread in the General Discussion Forum, but I didn't notice this thread until now...

Got my renewal in the mail 1/21/17 in Franklin, still no restrictions. Submitted application back on 10/9/16; Had interview on 11/15/16. Called FRB on 1/5/17 and told my license was approved and printed on 12/29. All told, from sending in of application to receipt of renewed license - just under 11 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom