How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Check here, there is a lawsuit going on right now for your situation. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=273792

Thanks appreciated. Just did a read of MA laws, and new changes as well. Confusing. I will wait till the 40 days are up, then go from there. Funny (but not really), the law is clear-within 7 days of application completed fingerprints to be sent off. Well I got printed 30 days after. So much for that. 40 days for answer deny or approve. Anyone want to bet on that? It makes me a little hesitant to think about suing the town/police. On the other hand, laws are there to be followed, most of all by uh police.

If I could pick and choose a few laws to ignore without penalty, flagrantly with police aware, got as couple in mind lol :). /sarcasm

<note to self-time to donate some money one way or other of my decision, to comm2a.org they are awesome after doing some reading>

Wellfleet update: Approaching 40 days now just 2 off, called MA licensing number yester, still in review at Police station not submitted. No CoP interview scheduled. Suing the police has me concerned, but being treated like a criminal, and knowing the police have broken 3 MGL laws is annoying (no receipt, no 7 day fingerprint, no 40 day yes or no). Being told 3-4 months, and LTC-A Target and Hunting by the officer whom fingerprinted me, and then he told me I am legal to CCW with Target and Hunting restrictions??!!

I don't see anyone taking a town to task over the 40 day topic...just ALP restricted suits 2 of them by Comm2A.

Think am going to wait a little longer, I contacted Comm2A, no response. I also donated 50 bucks to them :). Not sure next step....hate the idea of suing my local PD in a small town.

Wellfleet update: Approaching 40 days now just 2 off, called MA licensing number yester, still in review at Police station not submitted. No CoP interview scheduled. Suing the police has me concerned, but being treated like a criminal, and knowing the police have broken 3 MGL laws is annoying (no receipt, no 7 day fingerprint, no 40 day yes or no). Being told 3-4 months, and LTC-A Target and Hunting by the officer whom fingerprinted me, and then he told me I am legal to CCW with Target and Hunting restrictions??!!

I don't see anyone taking a town to task over the 40 day topic...just ALP restricted suits 2 of them by Comm2A.

Think am going to wait a little longer, I contacted Comm2A, no response. I also donated 50 bucks to them :). Not sure next step....hate the idea of suing my local PD in a small town.

Your contact is in the queue. We are an all volunteer operation on this front and so some things sit there to ripen a little (especially 40 day issues when you are only on day 30...[grin]). If you decide you want to file a suit, please send another note in stating that. Brent is dying to beat on a PD on this issue.

Your contact is in the queue. We are an all volunteer operation on this front and so some things sit there to ripen a little (especially 40 day issues when you are only on day 30...[grin]). If you decide you want to file a suit, please send another note in stating that. Brent is dying to beat on a PD on this issue.

Open question (in my mind) is the 7 day fingerprint and 40 day yes/no per MGL, calendar days or M-F business days? If its 40 calendar days, I submitted evening of 1/8, so 1/9 + 40 is today. If its 2 months based on 40 days M-F then I have to percolate a bit more.

I thought about this some more-I believe based on the firearm officer conversation, that I will end up in court anyhow very likely. I would be willing to go forward with a court action on the 40 day topic. I have a clean CORI, and have a copy of my application, and think would be a good case. Anyways whatever happens thanks again for doing what you do. Even if not deciding to assist me, I appreciate the work in MA (and donated already without any license)!

Applied 12/27/2014 application and fingerprint. Activated on Jan 30. 2014 by the state and now just getting it as of 2/19/2015. The state started to refused giving me an answer of why it was activated on Jan 30 and took 19 days to mail off.. Quincy, MA

Applied 12/27/2014 application and fingerprint. Activated on Jan 30. 2014 by the state and now just getting it as of 2/19/2015. The state started to refused giving me an answer of why it was activated on Jan 30 and took 19 days to mail off.. Quincy, MA

The state refused to give you an answer. Yeah sounds about right.. ****ing pukes

Applied 1/5/15 (fingerprints, forms, pictures). Picked up 2/20/15. It appears to have been activated on 2/2. The license was delayed slightly due to printing, at least that's what I found out when I called the FRB. Total time: 46 days...Chicopee, MA

Worcester: I applied for my appointment ia April 2014. Was given a date of late October. After lots of callinfand being in the mail for two weeks, I picked up in early December.

Long but got done.

Wellfleet - 57 days as of today and counting from 1/9. In review at police Station per MA hotline. So much for receipt, 7 day fingerprint, and 40 day yes/no per MGL. That's 3 laws broken. I'd like to get my choice of 3 MGL laws can break without consequence.

Non resident so a little different
applied in sept 2014, interview dec 11, received feb 27 2015
with no restrictions
Half of the info I have received from "people in the know" was crap.
from no one no matter what your background qualifies for no restrictions the first time, to MA wants a list of all your firearms and pet names. It is still a bunch of BS compared to NH(apply every year and 100 dollars) We should do the same to MA folks applying in NH, (I am kidding)

Last edited:
I am in Melrose, and I gave mine to the PD on 3/18, so hopefully like some of the other posts I have read about melrose, I can go in next Tuesday for pictures. Then more waiting until I can get my license. Hopefully, I don't get restrictions though, since I put my reason as recreational. [hmmm]

Last edited:
Stow

Applied 1/23/15
Fingerprints 1/26/15
Called FRB 3/20/15 and my LTC is "activated" but not printed and sent to the local PD
Called FRB 3/25/15 (It's been 2 months, couldn't wait a full week) and it's shipped and I should "ask my PD about it next week". Guess I'm not going shooting this week...

Luckily my PD (or at least the officer doing my fingerprints / paperwork) were very pro LTC, so once it gets there I shouldn't have trouble. I did make the mistake of only looking at the first couple pages of this thread before applying so I thought the process was going to be a month tops (which was true in 2009 and not the case now...)

On the plus side I did do a one on one lesson at MFS because I really wanted some trigger time, and they totally understood. Tried out a half dozen guns and found out which ones work best and which ones I don't like (man those M&Ps shot like shit!)

Last edited:
I just got post card reminder from Chelsea stating that my FID was expiring soon (Sept 2015) and I should reapply as soon as possible stating an increase in applications. This is 5 months from now!

1/13/15: interviewed for my renewal (told me 4-6 weeks)
1/15/15: check was cashed
3/3/15: called FRB to check status, says it was activated on 2/3/15
3/3/15: emailed licensing officer to check status at local PD, says he has not received it yet from FRB but will call me hen it comes in.
4/6/15: still waiting? 90 day grace period coming up in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom