• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I am not so sure about that. Married couple who live in the same house, one gets restricted, the other one is NR, same CoP?! Not sure, to be honest with you. IANAL, but in my opinion the CoP will have some explaining to do. Clearly it's not a restricted-for-all-first-timers district, so why did he/she discriminate one person over the other one?

For better or worse, 'men's rights' is not an issue in states like MA. If it was the woman getting a restricted and the man getting unrestricted, then there might be a lawsuit - but since it was inequality favoring women, you're likely sol.

For better or worse, 'men's rights' is not an issue in states like MA. If it was the woman getting a restricted and the man getting unrestricted, then there might be a lawsuit - but since it was inequality favoring women, you're likely sol.

It's not about men's rights or women's rights; it is about discrimination, period. If you have two people in the same household, one gets R and the other is NR just because a POS CoP feels like it, that's a clear discrimination IMO.

Pittsfield
submitted paperwork May 15 - 2014
interview June 4 - 2014
Issued Aug 6 - 2014
Received in the Mail Aug 14 or 15th - 2014

I called to check status once July 28 and was told it was "in draft" which was explained to me as "the early stage of the process, waiting on background checks" No idea if that moved things along (doubtful)

Westwood - 5 Months and 12 days.

AFAIK they are still sitting on Atlantic Tactical's MA Dealer's License . . . the Westwood Chief visited at their open house in May and told them that "it was on his desk" . . . apparently it is now buried under a foot of paperwork he hasn't bothered to move off his desk.

AFAIK they are still sitting on Atlantic Tactical's MA Dealer's License . . . the Westwood Chief visited at their open house in May and told them that "it was on his desk" . . . apparently it is now buried under a foot of paperwork he hasn't bothered to move off his desk.
Every time I read stuff like this I can't help but get just a little pissed off at the way mass has created little monarchy's for our 2A rights. It's hard to imagine a more inconsistent system.

The chief told me 3 weeks ago that they had some "administrative delays" and were working on getting things approved. Kind of a frustrating experience!

It took my wife a month to get an interview in Easton due to the fact that they now have a guy doing it on his own time. But once she submitted the application it took four weeks for her class A LTC to appear in our mail box. And the issue date is 8/7 which is about 2 weeks after she submitted the application.

Last edited:
I tried to set up an appointment in Acton to renew my LTC which expires next July. The licensing officer refused to schedule me when I still have 11 months until expiration and told me to come back in March. He said that their turnaround times are currently about five weeks, and were about eight weeks when they were at their worst.

~ 3 weeks in Wayland. LTC A unrestricted, free to carry once again, after having my 10 year unrestricted yanked from me by the idiot politician in Watertown.

Got a letter from the state reminding me to renew early.I called Burlington pd and they said there was no back up. Come in as I please. Officer was very friendly and was very interested in helping me renew. It was a great exchange.

Medway, had to wait 3 weeks to get an apt to apply, submitted paperwork 3 weeks ago, called DCJIS to get current status, was told Chief has not even started the process with the local review.

7 weeks to the day for a renewal in Ashland, MA

7/17 submitted
9/4 notified it was at the station

As an aside, it took me about 6 weeks before all that to chase down an officer to hand my application to.

Anyone know what the chief does with the LTC after it has been issued by the DCJIS? I called the town, still not ready yet.

Medway
Safety class 7/13
Applied 7/31
DCJIS Issued license 9/12
Still waiting....

Anyone know what the chief does with the LTC after it has been issued by the DCJIS? I called the town, still not ready yet.

Medway
Safety class 7/13
Applied 7/31
DCJIS Issued license 9/12
Still waiting....

The DCJIS mails the license to the police department. This can take a few days or a week. Then the police department has to activate the license and send it out, or notify you to pick it up. This can take a while too, depending on who handles things.

The DCJIS mails the license to the police department. This can take a few days or a week. Then the police department has to activate the license and send it out, or notify you to pick it up. This can take a while too, depending on who handles things.

Thanks

Just got my LTC A Unrestricted on renewal in Newton (the original issuing city was Boston, with T&H restrictions). I had to wait about a month for the interview - went in on Sept. 9th, called on Oct. 6 to see if it was ready, and it was. Picked it up today. Time to go IWB holster shopping!

Back
Top Bottom