• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I was just told by my LPD dispatcher that there is a 12 week wait. Been 8 weeks so far without a word. In a "green" town for what its worth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have been trying to forget about the whole process while waiting for my LTC but nearly impossible. a month and still hasn't gotten past the town level in Westfield [thinking]

Maybe this is a better thread for this question. Anyone experiencing / hearing about delays in submitting LTC applications due to COP running Windows XP and no longer able to process photos into the system?

Mansfield

4/10 Paid Application fee
4/17 Fingerprinted
5/16 Called DCJIS was told that they were waiting on the department for approval
6/4 LTC printed
6/6 Called DCJIS was told that it was mailed to my PD on 6/4
6/10 Unrestricted "A" waiting in my mailbox

total time (taken from WolframAlpha)

1 month 24 days
7 weeks 5 days
54 days (total)
38 weekdays

11/18/13 - Called to schedule appointment.
5/14/14 - Earliest available appointment, was told to check in beginning of July.
6/16/14 - Got impatient and called to check status, suprised to find it was in already. Took an early lunch and picked it up at WPD headquarters. Issue date was 5/28.

Class A, no restrictions in Worcester. Just a hair under 7 months, of which 6 was just waiting for the appointment.

Don't worry I heard the process is going to be less painful.All police Dept. licensing units will have a KY jelly dispenser outside thier door so you can lube your backside before you go into apply for your LTC.

4/24 sat for interview.
6/12 Called the CJIS and was told my LTC was "activated" on 6/11 and to expect it at the local PD this week.
6/18 Just got off the phone with the LO, he received a package with my LTC and I can pick it up tomorrow.

55 days, not bad. A friend of mine waited 7 months for his last year, same town and officials.

5/14/14 - Earliest available appointment, was told to check in beginning of July.
6/16/14 - Got impatient and called to check status, suprised to find it was in already. Took an early lunch and picked it up at WPD headquarters. Issue date was 5/28.

Class A, no restrictions in Worcester. Just a hair under 7 months, of which 6 was just waiting for the appointment.

That is complete BS. You should notify Comm2A. Make sure they know the details.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry I heard the process is going to be less painful.All police Dept. licensing units will have a KY jelly dispenser outside thier door so you can lube your backside before you go into apply for your LTC.

Yeah..and No reach around. [rofl]

good since you got no restriction but other than that [puke] no way any place should be that long just to get the paperwork started

- - - Updated - - -

let comm2a know

Datapoint for Arlington for a LTC-A renewal...

First week of April 2014 - dropped off completed application
Second week of April - per APD procedures called a week after dropping off application to schedule an interview (got voicemail)
Rest of April - no callbacks, occasionally calling into voicemail without hearing back
May 2 - finally got a call back, interview scheduled for May 7
May 7- interview with a civilian clerk who just retyped the paper app into the computer
June 8 - received call from APD that the license was in and could be picked up at the station (they won't mail them)

The original license was an ALP, as was the renewal.

Lynnfield here - Unrestricted class A. It was only three weeks for me. Put in the application on Monday, got called in to be fingerprinted on Saturday (no real interview, but he did require two actual letters of reference), and then two weeks later, he calls one Sunday and says I can pick it up whenever. Very good experience all around. My dad got his just as easily.

Framingham: Oct 2013 received LTC with Sporting restrictions after a 3 months wait, my wife got unrestricted one today after about a month and a half (paid on May 27 2014 got her LTC July 17)

69 days in westfield virtually all waiting for the city. Recieved LTC A no restrictions.
I work 3rd shift so off to bed and then gun store in the AM [smile]

Danvers - application submitted, photo and printed on 6-24-14 called dcjis today it was sent to printing 3 days ago which was the 3 week mark.
They have been averaging 4 weeks for LTC in hand here in Danvers not to bad!
Edit: LTC-A no restrictions arrived in mail today. Date of issue 7/17/14 Total 31 days![smile]

Last edited:
Framingham: Oct 2013 received LTC with Sporting restrictions after a 3 months wait, my wife got unrestricted one today after about a month and a half (paid on May 27 2014 got her LTC July 17)

This is not the first time I read here about women getting unrestricted vs. men getting restricted. Totally contradict other threads where people raised a possible reverse "discrimination" where women are the ones getting the restrictions.
Makes sense, if you ask me, to NOT give women a restricted LTC, but if this is indeed happening anywhere, where CoP says "I'll restrict men but not women" (for obvious reasons), this is a clear cut illegal discrimination.

This is not the first time I read here about women getting unrestricted vs. men getting restricted. Totally contradict other threads where people raised a possible reverse "discrimination" where women are the ones getting the restrictions.
Makes sense, if you ask me, to NOT give women a restricted LTC, but if this is indeed happening anywhere, where CoP says "I'll restrict men but not women" (for obvious reasons), this is a clear cut illegal discrimination.

The wonderful thing about the current law in this state is that, since CoP don't have to give reasons for restrictions, there is no standing for a lawsuit. [sad2]

yup.
in MA, inequality is not accidental.

The wonderful thing about the current law in this state is that, since CoP don't have to give reasons for restrictions, there is no standing for a lawsuit. [sad2]

I am not so sure about that. Married couple who live in the same house, one gets restricted, the other one is NR, same CoP?! Not sure, to be honest with you. IANAL, but in my opinion the CoP will have some explaining to do. Clearly it's not a restricted-for-all-first-timers district, so why did he/she discriminate one person over the other one?

Back
Top Bottom