How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

New guy here from Methuen...

Took my class on 6/5.
Submitted my application 6/11.
Got call for interview on 6/13 for 7/1.
Interview was postponed by PD twice till 7/18.
Prints taken on 7/18 and was told it will be around 12 weeks. I'll update this once I get more info.

92 Days. New applicant.

Bellingham:

Basic Firearms Safety Corse Certificate in hand.
April 30[SUP]th[/SUP] : I call for an appointment. Told to come in the same day, "there is an opening available".
45 min-1 hr, in the station, waiting behind 2 applicants. One new. One renewal.
Another 45 min - 1 hr, Interview with Sergeant Perry. Check of records in house and MIRCS (previously held lifetime FID), Review application, photo, fingerprint then full set of prints.
Sergeant Perry shook my hand, told me I would be getting a call when it arrives. Approved for Class A LTC no restrictions. License Number assigned.

May 21[SUP]st: [/SUP] Call FRB: Told PD is still running background.

June 11[SUP]th: [/SUP]Call FRB: same answer.

June 25[SUP]th: [/SUP]Call FRB: same explanation along with "it's taking 8 weeks now".

July 2[SUP]nd: [/SUP] Call FRB: I am told PD has not yet clicked “Approved” in MIRCS to sends for FRB review.

July 2[SUP]nd: [/SUP] Call Local PD "State is holding things up"

July 23[SUP]rd:[/SUP] Call FRB “LTC being printed, then sent to Local PD, approximately 3 days”

July 30[SUP]th :[/SUP] PD called me…………..

92 Days.
As anticipated, LTC-A-No restrictions. (No fingerprint on the card. Will need to memorize PIN.)

2/27/13 - Application, Pictures, and Fingerprints - Submitted / Complete
7/30/13 - MA LTC-A No Restrictions with Pin # in hand

Hometown (01827) has been great (green)!!
State / Fed Background Check.....WOW....They must be very thorough?!?!?

Patience, Patience, Patience.....and a clean record.

Thank You,
T

Billerica PD showed me once again how pro gun and professional they really are. They went out of their way to help me out with my renewal process. Knowing that I was out of my grace period and needing my LTC for my side Job, they truly went above and beyond to get it to me in a timely manner. Never once getting annoyed at my calling to check the status. I've heard horror stories of other towns sitting on applications to extend the process and that's just flat out wrong!!! These said towns should take notice of how a real police department handles and treats their law abiding citizens. Bravo Billerica PD!!

LTC A (No Restrictions) 45 days from prints to hand!!!

Question?? My previous LTC had for ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES and my renewal just says none for restrictions. Should we be concerned about the wording?? I don't trust this state very much and they can hide lots of ways to prosecute you in their verbiage, leaving the law very open to interpretation god forbid one actually needed to use their firearm in self defense. Am I being overly paranoid here??

Question?? My previous LTC had for ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES and my renewal just says none for restrictions. Should we be concerned about the wording?? I don't trust this state very much and they can hide lots of ways to prosecute you in their verbiage, leaving the law very open to interpretation god forbid one actually needed to use their firearm in self defense. Am I being overly paranoid here??

No they are essentially the same. You're good.

Still waiting on mine from Arlington. Hasn't been the 8 weeks I was quoted, but I'm impatient.

Mid-April - Applied for LTC
May 23rd - Fingerprinting/Photographing
June 4th - Check cashed by local PD
July 8th - Called FRB and was informed my application is still under review by my local PD
*update* August 2nd - Called local PD with zero updates.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer, there are way too many firearms up for sale here!

Update for today. Called my local PD since the FRB keeps telling me they're still waiting on my local PD/state background check. Called the Arlington PD, all I gave was my name and the reply was a quick "we don't have it and we'll call you when we do". Going on 10 weeks now...

They're panicking now, seeing the population of armed citizens swelling like it is. There's nothing they can do about it, except slow it down... until the total ban.

New forum member here, but I've been lurking around these parts for a few months now...

Brookline, MA: Currently at 80 days with no end in sight. Emailed the LEO I have had contact with earlier in the week to get an update, no response...

Update from earlier this morning: Got a notice in the mail that I was granted a LTC-A with a "sporting" and "target" restriction. Probably not surprising considering it's Brookline.
So I am at 80 days but no license in hand yet...

Stop with the total ban crap!! There's not gonna be any ban!!!

Easy there, save it for the people that are against gun rights [smile]

I agree there is not going to be a ban, they will just let this slow painful process continue until we get a governor with some balls that cleans up the personal agenda problem that the state workers have with our rights.

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

brockton is now a 9 week wait for appointment. a year ago it was 3 weeks. number of people applying is increasing exponentialy.
so the wait is bad, but the increased number of applicants in the prm is a good thing for all of us. more firearms owners voting

Just for shits and giggles I mailed my State Rep the other day, figured I would see if I could get some sort of an answer as to where my app was in the process, I got a mail back saying they would look into it, today I got this little ditty.

I wanted to update you that we heard back regarding the status of your permit. It is currently still pending at the Police Department, and your prints have not yet been processed. The Department of Public Safety has told us that they are working on moving your application forward. I will be sure to keep you updated with anything else we hear.

Bet that added a month to my waiting time.

Tim ~ [thinking]

I'm sending in my notification to the FRB that I have moved out of state.

How much do you want to bet that it will take FAR less time to have my rights taken away from me by the state than it did for me to be "allowed" to exercise them.

- for those that do not know, moving out of state has been cause for revoking LTC's.

Update on Framingham: I'm at 32 "working" days since my finger printing and photographing, over 40 if you count weekends and holidays, well over that if you count the days since I submitted my actual application on May 30th. I called FRB today and was told my app was still "pending review" at Framingham PD. I'm assuming this means that they haven't even gone through the state approval process.

Anyone have any advice?

Back
Top Bottom