• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Maynard
Had my interview/fingerprinting and application submitted on 1/14/13.
Called today (2/13/13) to check on Status... Lady told me still pending background check...

- - - Updated - - -

Maynard
Had my interview/fingerprinting and application submitted on 1/14/13.
Called today (2/13/13) to check on Status... Lady told me still pending background check...

Framingham - GF got her unrestricted LTC recently. Dropped it off in in early Dec so ~ 10 weeks. The office hours are extremely inconvenient if you have a normal job and it's often closed without notice.

Had my fingerprints taken on 11/6, and nothing has made it to the FRB yet as of today. I know the hold up is at the local pd which is very annoying. Any other place you'd either get fired, or in trouble by not following the rules or not doing your job. Apparently with them they can do whatever they want. Btw this is Tewksbury which is supposedly a green town.

Had my fingerprints taken on 11/6, and nothing has made it to the FRB yet as of today. I know the hold up is at the local pd which is very annoying. Any other place you'd either get fired, or in trouble by not following the rules or not doing your job. Apparently with them they can do whatever they want. Btw this is Tewksbury which is supposedly a green town.

have you called local pd? 11/6/2012 dude? i put in dec 13th, and i think i am pretty close to receiving it. you should definetely try and find out what is going on locally, they have to "click OK" for it to go to frb good luck

I had an interview at December 13, 2013 in Billerica, MA. Called this number (617) 660-4722 this Monday, February 11, 2013 and was told that I was approved for LTC (Class A) and it's just waiting to be printed. Week? Two?

Paperwork,pics,print,interview on 12-31-12. Called yesterday,the lady I spoke with said it was still at the " state",to give it another couple of weeks.

Did you call the PD or the state? You can call the FRB at (617) 660-4722 to find out the exact status of your app and who has it.

Still waiting here, its been 10 days since license was mailed and no word from the PD.

the frb # is 617-660-4722, they aer great they will tell you the "current status" of your application, meaning they have it and they are verifying all the info, and then they activate it and print it, then send it back to pd for you. or they will tell you that it is "still pending" and that means the local pd has not sent it in for approval yet. so if they tell you still pending it is with your local, and their background process. frb only recieves it when it is ready to be printed and approved. hope this helps.

agreed
very nice and friendly people.
i have called a few times. did my prints and pics on 12/26
they tell me the local pd is the hold-up......

Which towns?
I called the pd Jan 14 and have the interview March 5th. So 7 weeks and then I'm sure I'll have to wait a while after the interview. In Lynn here, green town.

Last edited:
3 Weeks in Westfield MA. Literally. Application and fingerprints 1/14. Chief sent to state 1/17. Activated 1/29. In hand 1/31. I found out it totally depends on your Chief.

I had an interview at December 13, 2013 in Billerica, MA. Called this number (617) 660-4722 this Monday, February 11, 2013 and was told that I was approved for LTC (Class A) and it's just waiting to be printed. Week? Two?

Mine was two days from printed to activated. You then have to wait for them to send back to your PD. That took 4 days. PD then has to activate it and then send it out to you unless you ask if you can pick it up which I did.

10-16 renewal submitted
1-16 State Police background check complete, renewal approved
2-6 Printed
2-14 Recieved by local police
2-15 in my hands.

123 days, disgraceful.

10/1 - Called for appointment to submit application
12/4 - Submitted application
2/15 - Picked up LTC-A No Restrictions

Worcester

Last edited:
Hey if my particular town is known to have a 3-4 week turn around time, is it normal for the town to sometimes not cash your $100 check for up to a month?

I wonder if it's at all possible to end up getting my license before they even get around to cashing the check...

Just wondering if this ever happens in towns that are 3-4 weeks?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom