• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I dropped off paperwork on 9/18, officer was upfront that:
1. Could take 10-12 weeks;
2. All first time are restricted to hunting and target.
-so we'll see where I end up.
Reading,mass

It has been 30 days so far in methuen was told 8 to 10 weeks up front was hoping it would be sooner we will see. My wife has got her ltc A no restrictions 5 weeks 4 days since interview still waiting on mine should be in next batch . My ltc came in 10 weeks 1 day

Last edited:
when the PD receives the LTC cards from the state, is it just regular mail to the PD? do they then call the applicant right away or does it "usually" sit around on someone's desk until they call? i guess my impatience is getting the best of me. lol.

when the PD receives the LTC cards from the state, is it just regular mail to the PD? do they then call the applicant right away or does it "usually" sit around on someone's desk until they call? i guess my impatience is getting the best of me. lol.

Yes the state mails them to the PD, then the LO has to activate the LTC and print the PIN info then mail to person or call to have them pick up

I am at 85 days now since application in Everett, I call from time to time but get the same answer. Unfortunately I do not feel as though I have a lot of power in this whole process.

I am at 85 days now since application in Everett, I call from time to time but get the same answer. Unfortunately I do not feel as though I have a lot of power in this whole process.

Ive waited almost 4 months in Everett. I just called the FRB and they told me that its with the police department pending a background check...

Ive waited almost 4 months in Everett. I just called the FRB and they told me that its with the police department pending a background check...

Can I ask how you got them to answer your questions, or what number you called. I was trying to call them and was told they don't answer questions over the phone.

Can I ask how you got them to answer your questions, or what number you called. I was trying to call them and was told they don't answer questions over the phone.

The 1st two times i called they told me my time but with alot of persistence on my part. The last two times, even with me persisting, they have not told me and also the last time i asked if i could come in and identify myself and they still said they wouldnt tell me. I asked if i could speak with the director att quida and they said sure call back tues. Then they said but hes hardly ever around, just sounded to me like dont waste your time.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Im at 10 months in everett, we should all talk, pm me... i have 3 other guys who are waiting too...

Crazy to think oct 9th makes 11 months for me

Day 126 now....I've called the FRB twice, The "issuing" officer twice, and the chief of police once. FRB won't say anything and the PD blames the state.
I'm in my 40's with a flawless lifelong record AND I used to have a LTC for years and years. This is certainly one of the most frustrating things I've ever dealt with. Makes you feel powerless. And things in this state are only going to get more difficult as time goes on......

Maybe a letter from a pro-gun attorney would move things along. Earlier this year, I waited just about 6 weeks for my Class A no restrictions. My son had his Class A in about the same time frame from the same town (Raynham) earlier this year.

Last edited:
I just read my this months copy of the GOAL newsletter and they sent a letter to Martha to start an investigation on this issue.

I would suggest anyone having trouble getting your LTC/FID to contact GOAL so they can add you to their list.

Hears the link:

http://www.goal.org/

I just read my this months copy of the GOAL newsletter and they sent a letter to Martha to start an investigation on this issue.

I would suggest anyone having trouble getting your LTC/FID to contact GOAL so they can add you to their list.

Hears the link:

http://www.goal.org/

Sad to see he did not mention Everett, and i know that Jim knows about it. I have wrote to him and he has replied about 4 months ago.

Really disheartening to see probably the longest wait time in the state not mentioned.

30 days ago i dropped off my ltc app at the westminster pd, they said the chiefs secretary had just quit (she was the one to get the licensing process moving, interview, fingerprints etc) but someone would review my app and call me to setup an interview. called the westminster police dept an hour ago and was told they just got a new person into that position wednesday and she would be contacting me around lunchtime to set something up. just got off the phone with her and ive got an appointment for next thursday at 530pm! too bad it took this long, but at least the process will start for me now.

Wow - I'm glad I don't live in Everett...In Tewksbury it took 30 days to get an appointment, and now i'm at almost 60 days since I had my appointment. When i called the only response i get is "It's not in yet, we'll call you when it is."

So my check was finally cashed in Everett, but I'm not sure if that really means anything. My buddy in Danvers just got his this week after applying the day before me, so definitely getting anxious.

So my check was finally cashed in Everett, but I'm not sure if that really means anything. My buddy in Danvers just got his this week after applying the day before me, so definitely getting anxious.

Hey pm me. I have some info for you. I'm still waiting in Everett as well.

just got mine in 5 weeks total turn around time. I love the westfield PD, very professional. The whole application was computerized there. I hope those waiting will get good news soon.

my wife waited for 4 months for a call now she ahs to wait until oct 30 for her interview this is getting way out of hand with the wait times

Does anyone who is still waiting like me feel like, these cities are waiting for some sort of new gun laws to get pushed through so that it becomes even harder in mass to obtain an ltc?

I just feel like something is brewing, because everett used to process in 5 months, now they just flat out are not.

Mine arrived today (Westminster, green town) ! Took 9 1/2 weeks, which is right what they told me when i applied. They called 2 weeks ago, and told me they had it from the state, but the firearms clerk for the town quit. Took them a week to generate the pin and mail it to me after hiring the new woman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mine arrived today (Westminster, green town) ! Took 9 1/2 weeks, which is right what they told me when i applied. They called 2 weeks ago, and told me they had it from the state, but the firearms clerk for the town quit. Took them a week to generate the pin and mail it to me after hiring the new woman.

I need clarification on this: So after the state does all their "checks", the local PD approves, then what? I've heard the license is mailed out directly to the licensee and in other cases sent to the PD to be picked up. Which is it? Or does the PD dictate? And what about the pin#?

In all towns it is sent to the pd. Once at pd, pin is generated. After that, some towns have you pick up, some (like mine) mail. My town green lights if you pass the background check, so i never had an interview with the chief, only the firearms clerk.

Denied on a misdemeanor with a 2.5 year maximum sentence.
this was a 1983 charge pd $125. 5 years after in 1988 Attleboro gave me the license
been active and renewed ever since.
Zero Activity on CORI since 1983.
All the details i really can give.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom