How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

It has been 2 weeks for me in Millbury and every day I am checking the mailbox like Ralphie in "a Christmas Story" looking for his littleorphan annie secret society decoder ring... When I open it it better not be a "crummy commercial" about remembering to drink my Ovaltine.

ralph_200.jpg

2 weeks, tuesday to tuesday, Malden PD, no restrictions

Oh - and i'm mailing in my NH non res today, we'll see how long that takes....

Last edited:
On my third week in Methuen

Getting the most dredded Class B. Have to wait one year and submit gun club membership and used targets for the A

Now on five plus weeks

Going on eight weeks now

Last edited:
8 days in Marshfield, Class A - No Restrictions.

My experience with the Marshfield PD went incredibly smoothly. And the town hasn't even cashed my check yet. Here's the timeline:

3/31/09: left voicemail with issuing officer
4/03/09: issuing officer returned my call
4/06/09: completed application at police station in 10 minutes
4/08/09: date my LTC was issued
4/14/09: picked up LTC from police station

Great choice! I've got the M&P 9c and love it.

I just picked one up today, and carried for the first time. I have a blackhawk holster, which seems to work out. I am going to have to start dressing differently though, especially once the hot weather comes.

5 weeks and waiting in Fall River... called the PD a couple days ago and they said they had received my prints, but the deputy chief was on vacation... meaning I won't hear anything until he is back.

Well today has been five weeks of patiently waiting for my LTC in Newton, MA. I got a call from the licensing official and am going for my interview one week from today. I hope they issue me the license at that time too, I am itching to purchase some new toys and get to the range. A friend of mine who applied for a license two weeks after me also got his call today and is going for his interview 1/2 hr before me next tuesday. [party]

Well today has been five weeks of patiently waiting for my LTC in Newton, MA. I got a call from the licensing official and am going for my interview one week from today. I hope they issue me the license at that time too, I am itching to purchase some new toys and get to the range. A friend of mine who applied for a license two weeks after me also got his call today and is going for his interview 1/2 hr before me next tuesday. [party]

wow 5 weeks for an interview! good luck. i waited 3 weeks for an interview, and im coming up on 5 weeks waiting for the license, so almost 8 weeks total! this BLOWS[sad2]

Had my interview today. Took about 1/2 an hour.

I was quoted 6-8 weeks for the license. The LEO said the record was 3 weeks but now things are taking longer. We talked about the increased in applications. He said that "applications have gone through the roof. People are panicking".

wow 5 weeks for an interview! good luck. i waited 3 weeks for an interview, and im coming up on 5 weeks waiting for the license, so almost 8 weeks total! this BLOWS[sad2]

+1

Two weeks to get an interview. 5 weeks since said interview. Nothing yet. They told me a month and a half when I applied. The waiting does suck.

Hello all,

First time applicant in Kingston, MA. Met on March 18th for paperwork and prints, brief professional and straightforward session. Picked up my LTC-A unrestricted this morning.

Roughly 35 days total. The issue date says 4/9/09 (two weeks ago), so probably just process time for the huge pile of applications I saw.

Last edited:
Wow 12 pages... You apply,pray a lot and WAIT til it comes. If Joe got his in 39 days and it only took Dick 18, WHAT THE HECK DOES IT MATTER. If you DON'T have any thing that will out and out deny you. What is the problem with waiting for it. The world won't end. Especially the way folks are running to get themselves cards, we've been lucky they haven't put a limit on how many they do in a month. Seeing it seems soooooo important, I live in one of the greenist town in Mass.. It took me only19 days.

Wow 12 pages... You apply,pray a lot and WAIT til it comes. If Joe got his in 39 days and it only took Dick 18, WHAT THE HECK DOES IT MATTER. If you DON'T have any thing that will out and out deny you. What is the problem with waiting for it. The world won't end. Especially the way folks are running to get themselves cards, we've been lucky they haven't put a limit on how many they do in a month. Seeing it seems soooooo important, I live in one of the greenist town in Mass.. It took me only19 days.

If it only took me 19 days, I guess that I wouldn't care either. Its just nice to know that I am not the only one sitting around waiting.

"Lucky they haven't put a limit on cards"? I think you may have lived in MA too long. Don't forget it is your Constituitional RIGHT to possess firearms.

Hello all,

First time applicant in Kingston, MA. Met on March 18th for paperwork and prints, brief professional and straightforward session. Picked up my LTC-A unrestricted this morning.

Roughly 35 days total. The issue date says 4/9/09 (two weeks ago), so probably just process time for the huge pile of applications I saw.

Congrats!! [cheers] That is great news!

Hello all,

Congratulations [party] now you just have to go get yourself some guns! Sick day??[wink]

It does matter, especially if you already POSSESS guns. If you go to renew and it takes 4 months for it to show up, there is a good chance of getting screwed out of shoot time, never mind you ever had to use your weapon for home defense. Consider your self lucky that it only took 19 days. I know, people like us who get screwed should just re-apply a year early right?

are you kidding me? so maybe people can come on here and look at different towns, so when its been 6 weeks they dont panic because there are other people waiting that long.

im sure you wouldnt be saying the same thing if it didnt only take 19 days. your lucky.

this thread is for reference purposes.

Back
Top Bottom