• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I just tried calling to get an updated status on my license, no one answered after 3 "hold cycles". Guessing they sent non-essential govt. workers home early. Is there anyone more non-essential than FRB?

Actually, these people that answer the hotline are not FRB. At least, that what the guy said the last time I called.

I remember when I submitted my application and found this forum, I was anxious on knowing everyones status on their application and if they were restricted or not. It was desperate sometimes but at the end everything worked out fine. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one being all desperate and anxious. . For the guys that are still waiting after 40 days dont worry the day will come sooner or later. Then is what gun should I buy first. Good luck guys

It is accurate in this rare instance. But keep in mind it is not provided to you by the Giffords family of professional grifters in the hope of being a help to you.

Mark Kelly the unemployed astronaut and his unfortunate meat puppet do not usually give unvarnished information and in fact the page you linked was branched off of “waiting periods for purchases” for which their timeframe would be wait forever.

There is no enforcement mechnism for the 40 Day rule, someday someone will file suit maybe.

Here is an old NES thread from when the State Auditor called out all but 11% of the police chiefs for failure to comply.
MA State Auditor's report on firearm license issuance

The report links in that thread are dead thanks to the State remaking their website (a horrendously bad 2+ year job) I tracked down the current location of the report below.
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/09/11/DepartmentOfCriminalJusticeInformationServices.pdf

:emoji_tiger:

I'm currently at the 12 week point. I had my interview on 11/24, I know that I've been approved, but it's still with the FRB. It's ridiculous how long this process takes.

Same here. Applied 11/30, still pending Frb review. Just forget about the license and keep on with your life and I'll eventually arrive.

Applied 12/3, check cashed 12/10, was told by person on the "hotline" that it was sent to the FRB on 1/16. Should be a couple more weeks she said.....getting on with my life at this point.

If you're still waiting it's time to hire an attorney.
Before I spent the $$$$ to do that, I'd contact the police chief, if no results contact the selectmen, if no results contact state rep and state sen. One of these usually works and works much faster and cheaper. Just be polite and factual.

Applied 12/3, check cashed 12/10, was told by person on the "hotline" that it was sent to the FRB on 1/16. Should be a couple more weeks she said.....getting on with my life at this point.
At least it wasn't pending local PD. Must be dependent on each local PD and when they decide to send it.

At least it wasn't pending local PD. Must be dependent on each local PD and when they decide to send it.

Did you read the report linked in response to your last question?

The expediency of all of this is entirely dependent on your local PD, their prioritization or effort based on interest.
If they tell you otherwise they are being disingenuous at best or flat out lying at worst.

:emoji_tiger:

Listen to Len. I did. Just before I engaged an attorney I contacted my city council. I had action in less than 72 hours. It has been said here many times before as CatSnouthSoup mentions it is a matter of priority. The department has lots to get done and this is a low priority no penalty item to ignore. Make some polite respectful noise.

Go to work today and local PD had left a message on 2/16 to come get my license. Wish they had called my main contact number, I could have been shopping this weekend . So that’s 69 days from appt. until call.

Called the status line and they said that my LTC was sent to BPD, no date as of when. Think I should be patient or call up BPD HQ and ask if I can stop by to pickup?

Mine is restricted too. I was thinking about taking a handful of CC courses and asking for the restrictions to be removed, but I don't want to spend the money if they're not gonna budge.

Guys... at least you have your LTC's. Im still waiting after 3 months.

I called again Tuesday afternoon and the guy was rude again telling me to stop calling because that would not move my app forward. I would love to meet that guy in person...

Be careful what you say on the forum jcssme.91 we are not the only ones that read this,and they might take your post as a threat.

Back
Top Bottom