How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife's (fully expired) renewal in Mansfield:
Form and check to PD: 12/7
Check cashed: 12/18
Picture and official signed form: 1/16
Issued by state: 2/22
Received in mail: 3/10​

Full process: 85 days
Picture to issue: 38 days
Picture to received: 53 days

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone have experience with Danvers as far as how long it takes to come in after submitting the application?
I got my license in Danvers during the height of the backups in 2015. Ended up only taking 3 weeks or so. I called every day. They did a good job though. They used to never give out Class A's to anyone under 25, or first time applicants. Glad that changed

Christopher Wozniak

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my license in Danvers during the height of the backups in 2015. Ended up only taking 3 weeks or so. I called every day. They did a good job though. They used to never give out Class A's to anyone under 25, or first time applicants. Glad that changed
wow that is really fast hopefully mine is around the same time frame. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New to the forum. Very informative site. Thank you!
I saw this link recently from MassLive.com.
It says it was Updated Jul 12, 2017; Posted Jul 12, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere in this very long thread.

Gun licensing process is slow in most Massachusetts communities, audit finds

Not sure how accurate the map is, but it's very telling to see how so few towns meet the "40-day-requirement".
I apologize if was previously post and/or I'm posting this inaccurately.
I just thought it may be helpful.

PS: In Barnstable, I am currently at 6 weeks with the standard "pending review; processing" from the Firearms License Application Status Hotline...

bbarer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Finally got the call today my renewal is in! Filed on 12/14/17, expired 2/6/18, hey only 4 months not too bad! I got my first LTC in 1981, you'd think it would get easier with experience and an excellent record....

Christopher Wozniak

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called the hotline today and they said it was “pending printing” and takes up to 3 business days. Not sure what that means as far as showing up in my mailbox but my interview was 5 weeks ago this past Wednesday so hopefully soon.

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Called the hotline today and they said it was “pending printing” and takes up to 3 business days. Not sure what that means as far as showing up in my mailbox but my interview was 5 weeks ago this past Wednesday so hopefully soon.

It gets mailed back to your PD, where it marinates on the Chief's desk 'til it's ready.

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The licensing officer told me that it would be mailed to my house.
Yes, if that is your city’s policy rather than picking it up at the cop shop, but it will not be mailed to you directly from the state. The state mails it back to your COP or his representative, who gives it the final green light and then mails it out to you locally. And @Billsail was only half joke about it marinating on someone’s desk, that can, and does happen in some towns.

Good luck

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fall River...Applied for LTC A Unrestricted 12-12-17, in person. Called DCJIS in January, it was pending review. Called again first week of April and was informed it was activated and had been mailed to FRPD. Called FRPD and left 2 messages as to whether License would be mailed to me or if I should pick it up....no response. April 12th I went to the station during application hours and asked in person what to do. I was told as soon as they recieved it, it would be mailed to me. Found it in my mail box today April 23rd.
132 days.

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Can someone tell me who makes the decision for adding a restriction on the license? is it the person that takes the prints picture "Licensing officer" or the chief in the town of Springfield? I ask because the chief never talked to me or even seen me, unless he seen the picture taken. The Licensing officer had a little conversation with me so Im assuming that depending on how that went is the determining factor of having a restriction on it. Can someone with experience in the town of Springfield comment? thanks a lot

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
Can someone tell me who makes the decision for adding a restriction on the license? is it the person that takes the prints picture "Licensing officer" or the chief in the town of Springfield? I ask because the chief never talked to me or even seen me, unless he seen the picture taken. The Licensing officer had a little conversation with me so Im assuming that depending on how that went is the determining factor of having a restriction on it. Can someone with experience in the town of Springfield comment? thanks a lot
Chief. Usually he sets a policy wrt restrictions/none and LO follows that policy.

zetta99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Northbridge...Intrrviewed 3/5 still waiting. Called hotline, was told its approved from the PD just waiting on state. They said 2 weeks, it's been 4, still no permit

Blueskyday

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Figured this was an appropriate first post...

Barnstable ---

2/8/18.....First applied, paperwork and finger printing
4/17/18...license printed according to state
4/27/18....email sent at 3:37pm--- license available for pick up at BPD (they close at 4)
" ......License picked up 3:52pm
" .......Cape Gunworks 4:05pm to pick up my springfield xds that came in the day before
" ...... 150 rounds through it legally on my own by 5ish

so about 11 weeks, not too bad

Woohooo!! Thanks for all the advice and knowledge so far! --Blueskyday

Christopher Wozniak

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final update for Danvers..

3/21/18 - fingerprints,interview,application,etc
4/18/18 - activated and mailed to PD
4/27/18 - called and was told I could swing by and grab it at the station. LTC in hand unrestricted 37 days from application to license in hand. Looks like I’ll be taking a trip over to four seasons soon.

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Check the thread on the LTC process that FRB gave me and posted in my forum. It explains all the steps in the process.
Len-2A Training
thanks for that info very informative, in your chart is said that if approved the application is submitted to DCJIS, I guess my question would be if they said it was activate? do they approve and activate at the same time then submit that to DCJIS or Activation is done when printed? the chart doesn't say at what step activation is done.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
thanks for that info very informative, in your chart is said that if approved the application is submitted to DCJIS, I guess my question would be if they said it was activate? do they approve and activate at the same time then submit that to DCJIS or Activation is done when printed? the chart doesn't say at what step activation is done.
I just took another look at the chart and think it is time to ask Michaela Dunne (Director of FRB) for a revised copy. The "sent to DCJIS" in the last line I don't think is really accurate anymore. FRB has it instantly upon typing into the computer at the PD, I believe that is the last review by FRB (DCJIS) before mailing out to the PD. PD has one last step before giving it to the person and that is to activate it . . . that's in case it gets stolen/lost in the Mail it is no good until the "last hands" (PD) activates it. I'd not worry too much on their internal details. It's not yours until they give it to you and PDs are known to sit on them for weeks or months because it is a very low priority to them.

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I just took another look at the chart and think it is time to ask Michaela Dunne (Director of FRB) for a revised copy. The "sent to DCJIS" in the last line I don't think is really accurate anymore. FRB has it instantly upon typing into the computer at the PD, I believe that is the last review by FRB (DCJIS) before mailing out to the PD. PD has one last step before giving it to the person and that is to activate it . . . that's in case it gets stolen/lost in the Mail it is no good until the "last hands" (PD) activates it. I'd not worry too much on their internal details. It's not yours until they give it to you and PDs are known to sit on them for weeks or months because it is a very low priority to them.
So If I understand you correctly if the lady said it was approved and activated, since the activation according to you is the last thing the PD does then it means that is printed, correct? so it must be at the PD if its activated. Thanks again

Christopher Wozniak

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So If I understand you correctly if the lady said it was approved and activated, since the activation according to you is the last thing the PD does then it means that is printed, correct? so it must be at the PD if its activated. Thanks again
I called last week and they said it was “pending printing” and then I called again yesterday and they said that it was “activated on 4/18” so I called my PD and the licensing officer said it arrived yesterday and he activated it (whatever that means) and that I could come down and grab it.

Top Bottom