How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Foxborough, two months

Class A LTC, Large Capacity
For All Lawful Purposes, Unrestricted

Foxborough, MA
Submitted paperwork on May 25th.
Received it in the mail on July 26th.

This was a renewal for an expired LTC.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
North Attleboro, daughter's boyfriend 2 weeks from interview to LTC in hand, no restrictions. Just goes to show what can happen when your local police dept is good!

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
That is the main # for FRPD. I have called multiple times. I can only speak to 1 person there and he doesnt respond to my emails or calls.
Thank you.
Call for the chief. If no response in a few days, call your mayor/selectmen/town manager, if no response in a few days call your state senator or representative. Those calls get results.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Went for my renewal Friday, The Lt. said they are running about 30 days. While we were talking I mentioned that my wife was waiting for her interview (first license) so he met with her that evening.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I submitted the paperwork in June, still waiting....

I have sent an email to the licensing officer and also the Police Chief, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I submitted the paperwork in June, still waiting....

I have sent an email to the licensing officer and also the Police Chief, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.
Call the FRB and ask them about it, they can tell you if the PD has submitted it to them. Could also try going to the PD in person to ask about it, slightly tougher to ignore than email.

AdamF

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long are renewals running these days? I've never been through the renewal process before and my LTC expires in mid-January. How far in advance should I start the process? I live in a "green" town. Thanks.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
How long are renewals running these days? I've never been through the renewal process before and my LTC expires in mid-January. How far in advance should I start the process? I live in a "green" town. Thanks.
Yesterday. Depends on the town. My last renewal (after 40 yrs with LTC and 17 yrs as a PO in the same department) took 5 months. A student of mine had hers in less than 2 months, same department!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a long process but it's all done now!

Town of Stoughton

initial phone call- 2/15/17
interview- 4/9/17
approved- 8/7/17
mailed to PD- 8/16/17
received Unrestricted LTC-A- 9/16/17

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Milton MA

1 week to make appointment with Lt. Alba
10 minute "interview"
3 weeks later I picked up my Unrestricted LTC from the station
This was in August

SJan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Attleboro MA. Renewal.
September 12 - dropped off paperwork at police station, including the 2 required letters of reference. I had good friends of GOAL and Comm2A write the letters on their organization letterhead.
September 26 - returned to the station for fingerprints and photo
October 6 - call from the licensing officer , my LTC is ready for pickup (need to stop by next week)

3 visits to the station required, during their business hours of 9-4. I work on the road and this is not terribly difficult for me to schedule/arrange, but I imagine it is for many others.

Top Bottom