• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Just did my renewal this am. They said July 20th it should be in.
In Worcester ( for EMTDAD)

Applied for new LTC in Worcester on May 21st (fingerprinted and pictures taken that day). They entered the data into the computer while I waited. They told me and it was on the receipt to call after July 27th to see if they had it for pickup at the station.

Slim

I was told Plymouth was averaging about 3 months for renewal by the licensing clerk. I applied for renewal on 4/15, called today and said it was pending review by licensing officer, I guess no news is good news. I guess I will call the 6/15 and see whats changed,My LTC expires 6/19.

Good luck with that. Applied in Jan, still waiting. The only useful info I got from them was the suggestion to stock up on ammo before my license expired.

Whats the status of your license when you called the state hotline? Thats freaking ridiculous!

The state hotline is very helpful as well. Called toward the end of April and was told it was "recently approved" and will be sent "soon". A mid May call told me it was approved yesterday and will be sent "soon".

You may think it is ridiculous but it is par for the course for Plymouth. My wife applied a year or so ago and waited 16 weeks. Her co-worker applied the same week in Marshfield and had her ticket in hand in 2 weeks.

It is a banner day in Plymouth. Just got the mail and my LTC actually arrived. This was a renewal but being proactive I called last December for an appointment since my licensee was due to expire at the end of March. I was actually able to apply on Jan. 8 and so not even 5 months later (short by 4 days) I have it the new LTC in hand. Almost within the 40 day period.

Class A unrestricted, under 25 years old. Danvers

Took little over 2 weeks for the whole thing.

• Yesterday, 01:47 PM
    flippinfleck
    Southbridge
    Applied/Interviewed/Fingerprinted on 5/24
    LTC w/no restrictions in hand 6/11 (issue date 5/27)

so literally the local police just hold things up. seriously can anyone shed some light on this for me​

• Yesterday, 01:47 PM
    flippinfleck
    Southbridge
    Applied/Interviewed/Fingerprinted on 5/24
    LTC w/no restrictions in hand 6/11 (issue date 5/27)

so literally the local police just hold things up. seriously can anyone shed some light on this for me​

That 3 day turn around sounds crazy to me. Even if local PD did all their info on the 24th, I am shocked the state did all the checks in 3 days. I just got my LTC, and called status line every 3 days. The state had it in their wheel house for a little over 2 weeks during the same time frame.

Called the state today( applied fingerprints etc. on May 7th) state said still under review by the licensing officer 39 days still at local pd. Wth. In a green town no less

I agree that the disparity from town to town does not make sense, especially if you also start looking at varying time lengths that the state takes to do their part.

Last edited:
Called the state today( applied fingerprints etc. on May 7th) state said still under review by the licensing officer 39 days still at local pd. Wth. In a green town no less

All that "green" means is that eventually they issue a LTC without restrictions. It's not an indicator of efficiency in the process or even that a town doesn't add other barriers to the process.

I went for the interview in Worcester on 5/21 and I called the state for the status of the LTC application today. They say the firearms bureau approved it on 6/11 (3 weeks) and it would probably take another 2-3 weeks to get to the local PD and completed. I wonder if the length of time differences we are seeing are due to age. I'll be 47 this year so while I have no issues to hold up my application there are 20+ years of additional years to search for me compared to some of the younger guys applying.

Time to sit tight and check out possible future purchases. I was able to get some good deals on a nice range bag, ear protection, eye protection, an ammo box and a cleaning kit. Now if I can only find a Fort Knox pistol box on sale for Father's day other than what you usually see for $200.00 I'd be happy. Hopefully I'll get the LTC by July 4th for some sales on a nice Beretta.

Slim

Application and Interview today 6/17/2015 in Lynn, Mass. I must say that was one of the most pleasant experiences, clerks were super nice and helpful. She stated probably about 4 weeks, lots of applicants in Lynn and the holiday weekend coming up but they also give their local contact for status updates. Now the waiting begins sigh

Considering what's going on in the city, maybe she's trying to decide if your LTC will be unrestricted? [thinking]

Perhaps, but I kind of doubt it. She was fairly clear with me that it would most likely be issued with restrictions, which seems to be par for the course in Lowell given their history. She also said the wait time was about 2 months.

I'm a little sad waiting on the arrival of my renewal, because it means it replacing my type-written paper LTC with one of those new-fangled plastic doo-hickeys...Can you use them at Big Y for their on-sale items? How about at an aw-to-mated ATM machine??

Also, my paper LTC could be folded, and never got de-mageneti-fried...what if the new one loses the super secret black magnetic strip info mation 'caus'n I stand too close to some NdFeB magnet...? Will all of my guns stop working?? Or just the all-steel ones???

supermagnet42th.jpg

(You people in your big towns with your post offices and your traffic lights and your roads with paint stripes down the middle just don't know what worry is...)

It is a banner day in Plymouth. Just got the mail and my LTC actually arrived. This was a renewal but being proactive I called last December for an appointment since my licensee was due to expire at the end of March. I was actually able to apply on Jan. 8 and so not even 5 months later (short by 4 days) I have it the new LTC in hand. Almost within the 40 day period.
Im still waiting, I'm expecting my wait time to be the same as yours.

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

Reading: submitted renewal app in April. interview today. Good conversation with officer. Upgrade to ALP approved. Was told a few months for the state to process.

New LTC-A in Worcester, no restrictions, 48 days. Applied/interviewed on 5/21/15, called the state and found out it was mailed to the Worcester PD on 6/16/15, called yesterday 7/7/15 to see if they received it which they did and picked it up today 7/8/15.

Considering what's going on in the city, maybe she's trying to decide if your LTC will be unrestricted? [thinking]

LTC was Iissued on 02 July and arrived in the mail on 17 July. As expected, it was issued with a "Sporting" restriction. Obviously, even the ongoing federal lawsuit and pressure being placed on the city by GOAL didn't make any difference at all.

I have an interesting case in which i could apply in both Stoughton (Green) and Boston (Red). I own a business in stoughton and i spend most of my time there. I called in early April to Stoughton PD and left a message. They did not get back to me for 5 weeks to schedule an appointment, by then I had scheduled an appt for June 4 in Boston where I Live. However, my appointment was May 29 so I cancelled my Boston one. Interesting that it took 6 weeks for even to get an appointment in Boston.

I am still waiting for my LTC-A and it should be without restrictions, however the officer said it was going to be 12-16 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom