How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Yarmouth
I am starting to get worried...few days short of 8 weeks now and still pending review by licensing officer at local PD, I am going to give it a couple more weeks before I stop by the station.

Today makes 3 weeks fall river... Not LO fault they only do licensing 1 day and half the day its new apolicants coming in thwb the other half the poor guy if by himself going over and submitting apps. Hopefully soon, if not no big deal... It just the waitibg abd nit knowing lol wish there was a website like a credit card application status.
Guessing another 3_5 weeks?

1. Applied and dropped off application LTC-A 1/8/2015 in evening Wellfleet - no receipt -clean record
  2. Called 2/7/15 by officer, ,fingerprinted on 2/8/15. At that time told only restricted. Also told by officer no big deal you can still CCW, questioned that with an example, and conversation went south, officer was unable to complete an intelligible response. wonder if the fingerprint room has video/audio be interesting to request.

As I count that's 3 MGL laws broken-

1-no receipt MGL PartI/TitleXX/Chapter 140/section 131, Paragraph (e) from Chapter 284
2-not fingerprinted for 1 month so fingerprints not sent in 7 days from application PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131/Paragraph (e)
3-no response to application in writing in 40 days PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131/Paragraph (e)

As I read Chapter 140, section 131, Paragraph (f) in Chapter 248 I have 90 days within expiration of time limit(40 days) to appeal. I am getting kind of close to that date :(.

So thats 130 days from 1/9 to appeal...

I dont get much for my taxes here, private dirt road, no kids, 6K in taxes, and treated like a criminal, lied too, and police breaking MGL. Wtf.

Check out the penalties for the PD violating those laws . . . there are none. So you can sue and be out more money but still left with a sour taste and no satisfaction. That is the state we are in.

Steaming pile and little recourse. My plan is to check back in with FRB board next week, 2 weeks back the FRB board said another 3 weeks for final review at their level, but approved on checks. Whatever that means. If I get issued a restricted LTC-A, there should be a written reason now with 284. At that time I will go to an attorney...

Thanks i saw no penalty, but theoretically I have a ticking clock of 130 days (40 days fro response+90 from that for appeal) from 1/9 to file an appeal of a denial by no response. Thats what concerns me-do I appeal? What if 130 days expires and the application sits at the Police station?

LTC-A No restrictions-Wellfleet-just under 4 months

Sometimes good things happen to you if wait long enough [smile]

1. Application 1/9/2015 (evening of 1/8)
  2. Fingerprinted 2/8/15
  3. Picked up today 5/1/2015 LTC-A No restrictions

Just shy 4 months

So today will be exactly 6 weeks. I called DCJIS about the status last Friday, and they told me it has been activated, and will arrive early next week. Hopefully I get it soon. I am really antsy to get to a range. :)

Applied March 12th, called yesterd to check status and I was approved with no restrictions. Was told it will be ready to pick up at my PD in about a week. Yarmouth

Thanks for accepting me. my first post.
did my safety class August 2008
emailed Lpd (marshfield) May 4th 2015
went in for interview Thursday night may 7th 2015
and that's where I stand waiting with my fingers crossed I'll keep you posted

Just got my call in from North Attleboro PD. New issuance, not renewal.

Called for appt on April 11th.
Appt with licensing officer on April 25th (my call as I was unavailable till then)
License ready for pickup on May 21

26 days!

I was told Plymouth was averaging about 3 months for renewal by the licensing clerk. I applied for renewal on 4/15, called today and said it was pending review by licensing officer, I guess no news is good news. I guess I will call the 6/15 and see whats changed,My LTC expires 6/19.

Last edited:
WEYMOUTH-I called for my appointment on March 16th, got a date of April 23rd. Called the state status line May 21st, was told it was approved by Licensing Officer on May 12th, and it is waiting for review with FRB. Lady on phone said that step is averaging 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: License Activated by FRB on May 22nd, now waiting for local PD to get permit and notify me.

March 16th - Called for appointment
April 23rd - Appointment with Licensing Officer - 39 days
May 12th - Approved by Licensing Officer - 58 days
May 22nd - Activated by FRB - 68 days
June 4th - Picked up at Police Station - 81 days

UNRESTRICTED 1st Time Applicant

Last edited:
Thanks for accepting me. my first post.
did my safety class August 2008
emailed Lpd (marshfield) May 4th 2015
went in for interview Thursday night may 7th 2015
and that's where I stand waiting with my fingers crossed I'll keep you posted
received call from Lpd asking for my DD-214. Did not know I needed to submit that and not sure why he waited three weeks to ask for it

Back
Top Bottom