How long did it take to get your F.I.D. and what town?

I see threads about how long it actually took to get their LTC but, I'm wondering how long it actually took people to receive their FID and the time frame they were given from the PD.

Other than the issue of disqualifiers and "suitability", the process of issuing a FID is the same as LTC. Therefore, it should take the same amount of time to issue.

Whether PDs treat them the same or not is a very different issue and likely there are 351 different answers to this. [thinking]

turned in my app yesterday. The clerk told me to come back next week for pix and prints. Odd thing....I'm a 20 year resident, this is a renewal, and they still wanted a utility bill as proof of residency, along with a copy of my birth certificate, and driver's license!

One sad thing.....had to change hair color from "BRN" to "GRY" [crying]

Oh ok thanks for the info and I just had a question do some pd really mail out the fid to you or is my local pd just saying that to prolonge the wait time until I decide to call and find out its at the station and have to go pick it up anyways

Some PDs mail it, others will call you to pick it up and in a very few cases people have reported that the PD dropped off their license at their home!

In other words, it varies with department policy.

Not as sad as you think, some people think GRY is sexy, just saying :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I tell MsHappy! [rofl]

Got pix and prints done today, they said 4-6 weeks.

Also, the price list on the wall did not specify the $25 for <18 first issue, so I asked the clerk - she had no clue, but the LO said, "Yes, that's right."

To the OP - can this have a poll set up, so we can get some stats? (not sure if it can be converted this late in the game)

That's what I tell MsHappy! [rofl]

Got pix and prints done today, they said 4-6 weeks.

Also, the price list on the wall did not specify the $25 for <18 first issue, so I asked the clerk - she had no clue, but the LO said, "Yes, that's right."

To the OP - can this have a poll set up, so we can get some stats? (not sure if it can be converted this late in the game)

A poll would be a great idea but I don't know how to do that

Applied 3/19/2012, received 5/2/2012 -- so a little more than six weeks.
Cambridge MA

And yes, I know now that I should have gone for the LTC. Maybe next year I'll scrape together another $100 instead of waiting the six years to upgrade at renewal time.

Applied 3/19/2012, received 5/2/2012 -- so a little more than six weeks.
Cambridge MA

And yes, I know now that I should have gone for the LTC. Maybe next year I'll scrape together another $100 instead of waiting the six years to upgrade at renewal time.

I would've gone for my ltc but I have a record I plan to go for it again after I have a year or so under my belt but I'm not sure if it will effect my current fid if I get denied applying for an ltc later.

Doesn't matter in regards to FID as tere is no discretion angle to abuse or restrictions to issue

There is plenty of procedural abuse, though, sitting on licenses, etc. Then again the green ness doesn't seem to matter with that sort of thing anymore anyways.

About half of the so called "green" towns take forever to issue.

-Mike

Just got my LTC w/no restrictions from Falmouth, MA. It took 7 Weeks from time of printing at the FPD. Rumor has it that current Falmouth PD Chief is not a fan of restrictions as long as you have a clean record. – I think it is safe to say that Falmouth is a Green town.

Back
Top Bottom