• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long after you got your ltc did you make your first purchase?

It's unlikely I'll break any records after getting my LTC as the shops near me all require you have an LTC to handle firearms. I have an idea what I would like but I have big hands with what I think are short fingers. Hopefully I'll be able to find my every day carry without having to purchase multiple guns.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I picked it up, went to the bank, drove up to Four Seasons and bought my M&P 40c and the last no lock Smith 642 they had. Carl through in a 50 round box of Speer Gold Dot .38's. Excellent guns.

It's been 5 weeks and nothing yet, I have been shopping but just haven't found that one that said take me home. I have been shooting with friends and my plans are 22 semi, 1911, and 12gauge in that order.

Got my first LTC in the mail 2 weeks after turning 21, and went directly to the gun shop with cash in hand and bought a cheap Hungarian knock-off of a Walther PPK. The next day I started saving up for what I really wanted... The Colt series '70, which I still have.

I actually got my first LTC before it was legally valid. (With the horseblankets it was possible for the PD to do this, dont know if thats still the case now) So I had to wait almost a month before I could use the thing, but it worked out better because I didn't get ripped off a year by having it go active immediately. Then on my birthday (the active date) I bought 2 handguns at FS, one I already had on layaway and another I spotted while I was in the shop.

So in total over a month, but "technically" 9 hours or so after it went active.

-Mike

a couple of days later, got it in the mail on a saturday, everyone around here is closed sunday and monday... so it was the wednesday after i got my license.....

I actually wait more than a year before my first purchase @ FS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought #2 last night, Ruger 10/22 standard from Dick's. Took 1.5 hours between trying to find the correct box (they sold one previously.and sent it out in the wrong serial #'d box) apparently everyone is coming up 'further review' but i was cleared. then it took about 10 minutes for the finger print scanner to read my finger. Another 10 to track down the manager, his radio wasn't working.. so they paged him, letting everyone in the store know they had a gun sale.... (including the gangsters in line at the next register...) lodge clerk carried it out to my car for me, told me.he'd bought his forst 10/22 in '66 and still had it.... then a hole tore open in the sky, lighting, torrential downpours and nickle sized hail.... i figured i'd be killed on the way home as punishment from the commonwealth gods for daring to buy a gun in MA....
Good thing it wasn't a Sunday!

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom