How is the market for buying ammo right now?

imagine what just -one- (yes I do know just how silly this is with the NES mindset) speeding ticket/other mover does to the equation ?

Also look at the dealer classifieds. KAGArms has competitive pricing. Beats TSUSA non-prime member pricing
Yeah, but the ammo at that link is apparently only good for shooting Lion / Tiger hybrids. ;)

Ammo is cheaper and more available than it was last year.
That's a low bar to clear.

Newbie here, ltc-a end of 2020.

Prices are down considerably since Jan 2021, nearly 50% though I'm sure long time members have seen better days.

Best tool to use ammoseek.com. Allows you to exclude retailers that won't ship to MA. One retailer mentioned already lucky Gunner does not ship to MA. Target sports does and occasionally they have great deals. But you have to know your prices.

Even factoring in shipping many times I'm able to beat local retail prices.

I think someone mentioned the standard calibers like 9, .223, 5.56 and 12g are easily found for good prices.

Start digging online and you might just save some cash in gas. With gas at $4+ it doesn't make sense to drive 100 miles to save $0.05 cents per round.
If local is mass or small retired cop LGS you can almost always beat there prices on line. Covid shortages aside local shops around me would look at you funny when you came in looking for 10k rounds of 22lr with the same lot# or 10 cases of 12g trap loads. Heck even Dicks sporting goods was not interested in suppling the club with pallets of ammo. Weird huh
They dont buy in volumes large enough to compete.
Im pretty sure this is why Carl at 4 seasons has his empty the ammo trailer sale 2 times a year.

Standard pistol and 5.56 calibers are down from what they were and availablilty is up. Ive seen prices headed down.....

Shotgun ammo, and hunting calibers are scarce, but can be found sparingly at OK prices.

Primers are full retard and to me not worth it at all, and shotgun primers....super hard to find and expensive. Certainly not
worth it to reload 12 and 20 gauge, as you can find target shells at WM on occasion for 30 dollars a pack of 4 boxes.

Right now i'm using my shotgun reloading stuff only for 28 gauge. Which is double the price 12 and 20.

Anyone got any salt peter they'll trade for my extra charcoal and sulfur?
kirk_science.png

My friend just called me and asked when he should start buying more ammo.
I laughed and said when you need it.
Hes like me shifts to 22lr and cast bullets when things are crazy.
I then asked him if hes been pretending to buy ammo and stocking up on the cash.
With a sad voice he mumbles no.
I told him to at least pretend to buy what you normally would and stuff the cash away, so when you really need ammo you got a nice nugget.
I do this with my reloads. I buy my own reloads from myself and when I need to resupply powder/bullets/primers I have some cash in hand. I even slowed way down on shooting reloads and have tripled my costs to myself.
At this rate when I really need supplies I hope cost are better but really want the quantity back.

Don't get out to shoot much so I've accumulated a stash. Dollar cost averaging on buying makes it a little less painful.
The inflationary spiral now makes ammo at current prices actually look like a bargain.
Keep buying all the time so the next shortage or price spike won't make you crazy.

Don't get out to shoot much so I've accumulated a stash. Dollar cost averaging on buying makes it a little less painful.
The inflationary spiral now makes ammo at current prices actually look like a bargain.
Keep buying all the time so the next shortage or price spike won't make you crazy.
This helps....but buying when you know its retardedly high like last year, because everyone went out and bought a gun is not for me. I bought 0 ammo last year at retard pricing.

Having a stash for the dumb times helps if you can do that. Then resume buying when things get somewhat back to normal........for instance, I'm now just resuming buying some ammo. And I think ammo could go down further.

I also am not one that buys thinking I will need enough ammo to secure a bunker. If the SHTF.....it really won't matter unless your in some high fenced impoundment. Thinking that you will need enough ammo to fight of the hordes in the middle of the suburbs on a 1/4 acre lot, is a futile retard move.

This helps....but buying when you know its retardedly high like last year, because everyone went out and bought a gun is not for me. I bought 0 ammo last year at retard pricing.

Having a stash for the dumb times helps if you can do that. Then resume buying when things get somewhat back to normal........for instance, I'm now just resuming buying some ammo. And I think ammo could go down further.

I also am not one that buys thinking I will need enough ammo to secure a bunker. If the SHTF.....it really won't matter unless your in some high fenced impoundment. Thinking that you will need enough ammo to fight of the hordes in the middle of the suburbs on a 1/4 acre lot, is a futile retard move.

Your "tactical" thinking needs repair.

Back
Top Bottom