• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How is getting an LTC in Northborough?

Have a friend in Mass who has been contemplating between the FID or an LTC and I've pushed him to getting the LTC, but I don't live in the People's Republic. Asking on his behalf, is he better off getting the FID or is an LTC through Northborough not that difficult?

Both require (essentially) the same course. Both cost the same.

If the friend is over 21, get the LTC. More bang for the buck, if you will.

AFAIK Northborough is not too bad, though that's not my town; I've heard no horror stories from there.

It appears straightforward (even noting that Hunter Ed is good for issuance), at the linky:

http://www.town.northborough.ma.us/Pages/NorthboroughMA_Police/forms/FirearmsID.pdf

New chief since I last applied. But known as Green town pretty much. He should definatley go for LTC unrestricted. Doubt there will be a problem
If he's got no historical isssues.

I liken this question to going to a restaurant who offers a fixed price menu . . . for $100.00 you are offered a choice of filet mignon or a hot dog. Which do you choose (this assumes that the person is at least 21 years old)?

Have a friend in Mass who has been contemplating between the FID or an LTC and I've pushed him to getting the LTC, but I don't live in the People's Republic. Asking on his behalf, is he better off getting the FID or is an LTC through Northborough not that difficult?
Massachusetts License to Carry Summary - 2017
Issuing Authority: Northborough
New: 66
Rate†: 0.0%
Renewal: 87
Rate†: 0.0%
† Percentage of LTCs issued with restrictions.

By those numbers,
if your friend can't get an LTC/ALP in Northboro,
they are so sketchy that the ATF
will confiscate all your guns, ammo, liquor, and cigars
in a 3AM no-knock raid
just because you associate with him.

I liken this question to going to a restaurant who offers a fixed price menu . . . for $100.00 you are offered a choice of filet mignon or a hot dog. Which do you choose (this assumes that the person is at least 21 years old)?

Understood, but the issue is that the menu is in some foreign language, to people outside of the Gun Life, so it's a valid question. Our sport is obscure to those outside.

Oh....why should being over 21 make a difference about whether you order steak or rot dogs? [wink]

True story - a couple years back, I was helping with an LTC class at my club. Member of the Club was there, and I said, "Great to see you come out to help," (we have non-NRA Instructors act as Line Coaches, so newbs don't do something overly silly when we're doing live fire).

"No, I'm in the class, to get my LTC."

"?" I said, as he'd been to the Trap field many times, with his own shottie.

"I only have an FID, and I want my LTC, now."

I wrote him a letter of recommendation. But even people that shoot are often "not with it," at least, not completely.

I recently got my LTC in Northborough, MA and it was a fairly easy process. I asked for and was given no restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom