• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How I hide my 1911 in my Tacoma.

I live in Georgia and this is legal here so check the laws where you live before doing this.

I had a pistol stolen out of my center console when I could not CC at the time. So this is what I did to solve this.
First I removed all my junk from the compartment then took out the bottom floor. I bought some filter foam at Walmart and traced the floor and my 1911 with a Sharpie. The foam comes in two layers so I cut ( using an X-acto knife ) both layers to fit into the compartment and just the top layer for the 1911 to fit into. The bottom layer cushioned the 1911 and the top layer holds the 1911 in position. Then the original bottom floor sets on top of the 1911 and completely hides it. To get it out I just push down on the far side of the floor plate and it flips up so I can remove my pistol.

Here are pictures in order of what I did. The last picture shows what it looks like with the pistol hidden under the original bottom which is on top now.

Attachments

• console 1.JPG
    console 1.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 386
  • console 2.JPG
    console 2.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 365
  • console 3.JPG
    console 3.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 373
  • console 4.JPG
    console 4.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 393
  • console 5.JPG
    console 5.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Hopefully you put a bunch of worthless junk on top of it after... seems like it would be a pain to use though, in practical terms. With a console that big you could mount a safe inside it.

Cool! I use one of these for the rare occasion where I need to leave a pistol in my truck unattended.
I loop the far end around one of the seat mounts, so the average shit bird smash and grabber couldn't just yank it out of the car. I've tried, and I'm in somewhat decent shape.
If someone got in with a pair of bolt cutters, that'd be a different story but, in general this leaves me with peace of mind. I just tuck it under the seat and it's out of sight. Fits a full size 1911 perfectly.

case.jpg

Better yet:
529_1_.jpg

Cool! I use one of these for the rare occasion where I need to leave a pistol in my truck unattended.
I loop the far end around one of the seat mounts, so the average shit bird smash and grabber couldn't just yank it out of the car. I've tried, and I'm in somewhat decent shape.
If someone got in with a pair of bolt cutters, that'd be a different story but, in general this leaves me with peace of mind. I just tuck it under the seat and it's out of sight. Fits a full size 1911 perfectly.

View attachment 269597

That is what I use, but in my Tacoma I put it in the compartment under the back seat. There is this metal loop which let's me put the cable through it. Although mine is probably easier to find than the OP and more difficult to reach while driving.

That is what I use, but in my Tacoma I put it in the compartment under the back seat. There is this metal loop which let's me put the cable through it. Although mine is probably easier to find than the OP and more difficult to reach while driving.

Right but if you're driving, chances are that pistol is loaded up and on your hip right? ;)

Thanks for letting the world know where you keep your gun.

Trade rating = 0
Posts = less than 400 in 10 years.
Tells us where he keeps his gun.

OP, which government agency do you work for?

I had a pistol stolen out of my center console when I could not CC at the time.

Did you also start a thread telling people where you kept that pistol?

Is this some bot that generates a negativeish thread some "Massachusetts Journalist" is going to make a story out of?

I live in Georgia and this is legal here so check the laws where you live before doing this.

I had a pistol stolen out of my center console when I could not CC at the time. So this is what I did to solve this.
First I removed all my junk from the compartment then took out the bottom floor. I bought some filter foam at Walmart and traced the floor and my 1911 with a Sharpie. The foam comes in two layers so I cut ( using an X-acto knife ) both layers to fit into the compartment and just the top layer for the 1911 to fit into. The bottom layer cushioned the 1911 and the top layer holds the 1911 in position. Then the original bottom floor sets on top of the 1911 and completely hides it. To get it out I just push down on the far side of the floor plate and it flips up so I can remove my pistol.

Here are pictures in order of what I did. The last picture shows what it looks like with the pistol hidden under the original bottom which is on top now.
Nice

I’m sure criminals in Georgia are reading NES so they can find one hidden pistol in one random Tacoma. So I agree, he’s totally screwed himself now!

Back
Top Bottom