• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How heavily armed is your state

I'm gonna spoiler it:

Wyoming has the highest number of registered guns per capita of any state in America. For every 1,000 residents, there are 195.7 guns, about three times the rate of second-place D.C

The real question is how the f*** do we arm the rest of the 804.3 residents?

Under the description of methodology they say:

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934...

By “registered” they are talking about NFA registered items (including suppressors). They are using this to extrapolate general gun ownership. Not particularly accurate.

What I really like is their CYI "But some guns fall outside of this scope, and many aren't registered, meaning surveys on gun ownership come to different conclusions.” Some guns? How about most guns are not NFA.

Lol, they're dividing NFA items against the state population and saying that's how armed your state is?
f***, MA gets gimped because suppressors are straight up illegal.

This is more a survey of how well equipped your state is.

So, MA has somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000 firearms licenses but only ~33k firearms ? Their estimation seems to be a little off.

on the gripping hand, “Hey, CBS reported on how low the number of guns inthe state actually is, we‘re in the bottom 4, so your work is done and we don’t need any more legislation” seems like an EXCELLENT message to send to Beacon Hill ...

So, MA has somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000 firearms licenses but only ~33k firearms ? Their estimation seems to be a little off.
Since they are only counting folks with NFA items, and since it’s almost impossible for your normal LTC holder in MA to get a suppressor, this means that over 8% of MA gun owners have machine-guns, SBRs, sawed off shotguns or other destructive devices. I bet if you look at the “top” ranking states, a majority of their NFA items are suppressors. I would actually like to see percentage of guns owners in each state that own machine guns, SBRs, etc. It would be interesting to see if 8% is high or low.

Flawed methodology in this study, read the fine print:

Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

But some guns fall outside of this scope, and many aren't registered, meaning surveys on gun ownership come to different conclusions. For a look at those results, check out this list.

DC is total bullsh*t. Probably all people that work at alphabet agencies.

It is nice to see all those NFA weapons. Even for MA, 40K or so is pretty decent.

For those who despise slideshows, here's the CBS link via desli.de

I bet if you look at the “top” ranking states, a majority of their NFA items are suppressors. I would actually like to see percentage of guns owners in each state that own machine guns, SBRs, etc.
I recall another article crowning New Hampshire as highest per-capita count of registered machine guns, must be those "super-collectors" we keep hearing about.

ATF publishes annual reports including "National Firearms Act Registered Weapons by State"

Last edited:
on the gripping hand, “Hey, CBS reported on how low the number of guns inthe state actually is, we‘re in the bottom 4, so your work is done and we don’t need any more legislation” seems like an EXCELLENT message to send to Beacon Hill ...
Here's hoping that every single Donk reads that article and believes it.

Cheese Wiz!
YzBwTE.gif

So there are not that many guns out there.
Not a problem, so, lets get off the registered gun owners backs and deal with the real problems out there like criminals and politicians which these days can be one in the same.;)

Whats the number for super collector? Over 25? I'm rapidly approaching 25
According to the antis, “super owners” have "amassed an average of 17 guns each”. I never knew I was “amassing”, I thought I was just collecting.

Under the description of methodology they say:

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934...

By “registered” they are talking about NFA registered items (including suppressors). They are using this to extrapolate general gun ownership. Not particularly accurate.

What I really like is their CYI "But some guns fall outside of this scope, and many aren't registered, meaning surveys on gun ownership come to different conclusions.” Some guns? How about most guns are not NFA.
So apparently 41% of NH homes own a machine gun or SBR. OK, that's probably right. The other 59% have chosen to stick with non-NFA guns.

Back
Top Bottom