How good is my new knife sharpener???

Whiskeywon

Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My favorite Russians are black...
I'm not sure if you're saying your favorite Russians are AKs, or that you don't like Russians because there are next to zero black Russians...
Seems like a nice sharpener, though a bit over-the-top compared to other products I've seen.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Only on NES could a comment on a common alcoholic beverage turn racist...

When we built our home several decades ago we were the first house in the development. As the neighborhood grew we found ourselves among a bunch of certified yuppies and butt sniffers. And racists...

So one day one of the neighbors asks me if I heard who was moving into the house beside ours? Nope, no idea. She tells me it is a black state trooper. I'm fine with that. Not an issue, but she was not happy.

Turns out the folks moving into the house next door drove a black Isuzu Trooper, and somehow that got translated into a black state trooper.

OMG... too funny!

PEOPLE!!!

FrankNA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That looks like the best method of knife sharpening I've ever seen and would definitely get one if the price were a bit lower. It looks idiot proof but we all know that better idiots are created each and every day.... At this stage of the game in my life, I've figured out how to put a good edge on cutlery using various coarse - very fine grit stones. And yes, I have spent a shitload of money over the years on different gee wiz wonder sharpeners that never quite worked as advertised and finally realized that I had to learn the correct way to use sharpening stones.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Frank, it is quite amazing. Very well thought out and engineered.

Yes, it's rather expensive. I've had my eye on it for a while and my wife said get it for Father's Day. Well the Russians were late shipping but it finally arrived and I do like it a lot.

Just did a pair of old scissors for my wife. They cut through thick cardboard like butter after. It was a beautiful thing.

I wish I had the skill the to these types of edges by hand but I just don't do it enough to be able to learn. This is second best for me.

That looks like the best method of knife sharpening I've ever seen and would definitely get one if the price were a bit lower. It looks idiot proof but we all know that better idiots are created each and every day.... At this stage of the game in my life, I've figured out how to put a good edge on cutlery using various coarse - very fine grit stones. And yes, I have spent a shitload of money over the years on different gee wiz wonder sharpeners that never quite worked as advertised and finally realized that I had to learn the correct way to use sharpening stones.

Top Bottom