How Good Can This Be For $200 ???

So a story about a shotgun made in Turkey on Thanksgiving? There’s a story there somewhere

You could probably do better with a Savage and if it breaks you don't have to send it to Istanbul.[smile]

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving in case MadatMarek is correct and this is the official thread about turkey today.

Ive transferred a couple G-Force that customers bought online for short money. They seem no better or worse than any other Turkish shotgun that I have handled or the Maverick for that matter. The Turks seem to make reasonable guns for VERY low prices. Even if one breaks and you have to replace it you are usually still ahead.

Ive transferred a couple G-Force that customers bought online for short money. They seem no better or worse than any other Turkish shotgun that I have handled or the Maverick for that matter. The Turks seem to make reasonable guns for VERY low prices. Even if one breaks and you have to replace it you are usually still ahead.
This guy gets it [cheers]

Made in Turkey

I have some industrial equipment in the shop from Turkey, they bought because of the price. Let me tell you, they all suck BIG time Parts wearing out long before they should, parts breaking. Jamming up and twisting the crap out of them.
You know the saying you get what you pay for? This is a good example. So much so they are going to order a machine that costs 4 times what the POS from Turkey cost.
Buy once, cry once.
I would buy something made in China before I would buy anything made in Turkey.

I have some industrial equipment in the shop from Turkey, they bought because of the price. Let me tell you, they all suck BIG time Parts wearing out long before they should, parts breaking. Jamming up and twisting the crap out of them.
You know the saying you get what you pay for? This is a good example. So much so they are going to order a machine that costs 4 times what the POS from Turkey cost.
Buy once, cry once.
I would buy something made in China before I would buy anything made in Turkey.
Would not shock me if parts are made in china and assembled in turkey

Might as well buy 2 right out of the gate?

Might as well buy 2 right out of the gate?
This is probably smart, if only because parts and service on an unproven product may be harder to source. If you like the shotgun, but parts start wearing out in a few years, will they be around to support you? Will you be able to find a gunsmith willing to make parts for it? Will you just toss it in the garbage? (Assumes a user who is not himself a machinist)

Watched a few reviews and they all suggest that it does not cycle low power ammo well. But most agree that it works well with buck shot.
Most reviewers commented on "strong recoil impulse" so it kicks like a mule.

But for $200 bucks? I figure a few guys will buy one and it will be in the classifieds during the next shortage for $450.

If Im even contemplating buying 2 right off the bat, Id rather buy 1 better one for $400. Plus Im not giving my money to a shitbag Islama-hole country like Turkey.

Given that the Turkish Lira is losing value by the day, not surprising there are some deals to be had..Not sure of the quality, just an observation that it might not be ‘to good to be true’ given the circumstances.

The mav 88 is a pump and this is a semi, so not exactly a comparable option. That being said, everyone should own a mav 88 - best deal out there.

I have a weatherby element I like (turkish made), but it didnt exactly run smoothly out of the box.

Not sure I'd go there for a home defense shotgun, but a friend and I really like our Turkish Fudd guns. TriStar Setter O/U's in various gauges. He pounds the crap out of his 16 every season- hundreds of loads at clays and pheasants every week. I've shot my 28 regularly as well. Zero issues, nice handling, patterns where you want it. I sold a Citori and don't miss it, actually like the Turk better for my purposes.

Back
Top Bottom